SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:20 AM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
This is because the props are on the wrong arms!
1. all props are on the right arm
1st & 3nd arm : counter c/w
2nd & 4th arm : c/w
2. Soldering points - ok...no loosed points
3. ESC to motor conns....ok
4. Naza setup w/t assistance ....ok
...getting sleepy now...going to continue tmrw....
5. checking the naza FC (& conns), rx (& conns) and the motors
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:25 AM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
The way I do it is just buy a new battery each month and toss the old one in the trash .I am not that good with math so its easyer for me to handle the battery problems this way.
Yes, simple subtraction can be difficult.
dedfish is offline Find More Posts by dedfish
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:28 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
after cleaning and reassembling the f450 (after my 1st unlucky flight day) and setting up the naza again.....I try to flew it this evening...upon take off, my bird just flip over to the right (back) of it...I tried the 2nd time...same result but fortunately no damages to the bird. Going to do some csi tonite.....shisss .......oo...one question guys.....can the Naza be mounted at a 90 deg angle (perpendicular) to the front of the f450, meaning not parallel to the horizon?........I mount mine like that after reassembling.
NO...the FC has to have the motor ports facing towards the front props...it does not have be at exact COG...that is optimal but not necessary...but if you mounted it the way you said you did then that is probably the reason it flipped like it did..

But its also worth checking for proper motor rotation and make sure the props are spinning properly..ie: leading edge out.
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:34 AM
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
NO...the FC has to have the motor ports facing towards the front props...it does not have be at exact COG...that is optimal but not necessary...but if you mounted it the way you said you did then that is probably the reason it flipped like it did..

But its also worth checking for proper motor rotation and make sure the props are spinning properly..ie: leading edge out.
yup...it myb the propable cause coz before this, the naza was parallel to the horizon wt the ESC sec facing the front of the quad. Gonna change the position tmrw and let see what happaned. I'll update u guys tmrw......whoaaaaaaaa.......nite2
Last edited by CPMBOY; Aug 29, 2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:35 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,841 Posts
Deleted
T J Gilbert is online now Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Aug 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:40 AM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,841 Posts
Follow Instructions!

Quote:
after cleaning and reassembling the f450 (after my 1st unlucky flight day) and setting up the naza again.....I try to flew it this evening...upon take off, my bird just flip over to the right (back) of it...I tried the 2nd time...same result but fortunately no damages to the bird. Going to do some csi tonite.....shisss .......oo...one question guys.....can the Naza be mounted at a 90 deg angle (perpendicular) to the front of the f450, meaning not parallel to the horizon?........I mount mine like that after reassembling.
Was your first unlucky flight day due to flipping?
Or did the flipping start after you cleaned and assembled with Naza mounted 90 deg to front?

Like you are being told, you can't just mount Naza anyway you like.
That's probably why you are flipping.

Is it that you don't understand the instructions?
Or do you just choose not to follow them?

I have attached Page 8 of the Naza Manual...
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Aug 29, 2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Added Attached Pg 8
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:43 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
Even I would not do such a thing! I guess there are people here that even top me!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
That's the answer we expect to hear!
HEY! it works for me! I have yet to have a battery fail me.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:50 AM
Joined Mar 2004
175 Posts
Regarding my battery connector issue, what is a good replacement for the deans plugs?

Do you go for XT90 or HXT4mm plugs?
shadowless is offline Find More Posts by shadowless
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Was your first unlucky flight day due to flipping?
Or did the flipping start after you cleaned and assembled with Naza mounted 90 deg to front?

Well....I don't simply ignoring the instruction, it just that I had limited space at the lower plate.....I have a rather large/long rx and a gopro (not yet mounted) mounting bracket each at the end of the lower plate 2 extended sides. I'll re-position the items tmrw.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:52 AM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,841 Posts
Deleted
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Aug 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:52 AM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
I got this for my Futaba 9C. No telemetry. I didn't feel the need for another task to do while flying, didn't want any more monitors and sensors, and hate taking my eyes off my machine, though I have to admit it is a LOT easier with the Quad than a plane!. If I ever go FPV I'll have OSD. It has 7 channels which is what I am using and is supposedly has a long range as well as failsafe and it was pretty darn inexpensive.

http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...roducts_id=226

I agree with T.J. that new stuff may not work with 72 anymore. On the other hand, at my field I am the only one left on FM and it works fine with all my planes. I have three Futaba 9C's and I love em and have more or less learned how to program them.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. With my Quad, however, things were clearly broke and on the verge of getting more broke and the whole thing is starting to make me broke. Retired I am, but I have to go to work today to buck up my Paypal account that this little 450 has drained!

I have the same FrSky for my 9CHP Super, works great. Funny though, the reason I got the FrSky was not because of my Naza, but because I was tired of chopping up antennas when I was learning to fly my Gaui 330X. I have the Naza and a witespy now, with Frsky rx on both. I have 1.2 FPV gear for my plane and I suppose if I wanted to use it on my witespy/quadrino I could go back to 72 with it (I'm good enough now that I should not chop too many antennas), and I have 5.8 fpv gear for the naza (if I ever get time to install it)

When I started this hobby 2 years ago my intent went from just LOS flying to aerial photography/video to FPV (makes the aerial photography/video way easier) in short order. I almost bought a Dx7 from a coworker who was going to upgrade to a Dx8, but after doing a fair bit of reading and research decided to go with 72 mhz and picked up a used 9C radio for a good price. It has served me well and I've taken my big AP plane out a LONG way with no problems. Since I got helis though, I think the FrSky 2.5 will be more than adequate for the distances I'll be taking them, and it's sure nice not worrying about chopping up antennas now!
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:54 AM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,841 Posts
Naza Is Primary

Quote:
Well....I don't simply ignoring the instruction, it just that I had limited space at the lower plate.....I have a rather large/long rx and a gopro (not yet mounted) mounting bracket each at the end of the lower plate 2 extended sides. I'll re-position the items tmrw.
Naza gets dibs on the best seat.
He's the pilot!
Everything else is just along for the ride...
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: If You Don't See It Here...
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:56 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
I'm sorry to tell you that you are an amateur (small potatoes) when it comes to not following instructions.
Based on some we see, you have no means in which to catch up.
You can't buy everything!
Well, I guess it could have been worse! he could be useing Sunny Sky motors!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Mar 2008
2,195 Posts
Quote:
The way I do it is just buy a new battery each month and toss the old one in the trash .I am not that good with math so its easyer for me to handle the battery problems this way.
I've been sneaking into your garbage for months now and with all the parts I've collected I now have enough to build a 2nd quad
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821