HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:49 AM
Hutch964
Taylor TX
Joined Jan 2009
24 Posts
We got mine to fly after we found a few problems!
1- I had the elevator slider backwards!
2- bent prop hub on motor."ended up quitting on second flight..
3- Bad NAZA unit. It would arm with red flashing lights and couldn't turn off the red flashing. It's going back to DJI....

But the reason my NAZA mc was bad is it armed whilst the red lights were flashing! And couldn't tell if you were in atti or manual modes...
I don't know what causes this but I never got beyond the red flashes on that unit! Mike gave me his so I could fly and it worked as it should, got in the first flight... Awesome!!! But on the second flight the motor with the bent prop hub stopped in mid flight and the NAZA descended from about 5 ft to a flat landing?? How did this happen with 3 working motors? Happy it didn't crash because of a bad motor!!!
Even with the problems with my NAZA, I still loved the way it flew and will recommend the NAZA to anyone interested in a quad because of how Easy it is to fly out of the box!

And the service that RC hobby helicopter dot com gave me was,
TOP NOTCH Service!
Thanks John & Mike for your help getting this awesome machine flying!

Tim
Hutch964 is offline Find More Posts by Hutch964
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:04 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog1967 View Post
Cool QA. Yup that's how my TX screen setup looks. Just takes me a little longer to get up to speed than some. Will have it flying. I'm hoping this is the ans. to my fpv flying and AP. It's big brother the WK would be the ultimate but I think I'd be in deep Sh*t if I got one right now. Still working on it guys. I'll get there.
guarantee it will be more stable then your witespy quad was. so fpv will be fine for u!

with max stick movement angle is reduced so you cant get to far before the "flipping" zone so good for fpv stuff i think. unless your a acrobatic fpv-er lol man i cant wait to start fpv stuff!
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch964 View Post
We got mine to fly after we found a few problems!
1- I had the elevator slider backwards!
2- bent prop hub on motor."ended up quitting on second flight..
3- Bad NAZA unit. It would arm with red flashing lights and couldn't turn off the red flashing. It's going back to DJI....

But the reason my NAZA mc was bad is it armed whilst the red lights were flashing! And couldn't tell if you were in atti or manual modes...
I don't know what causes this but I never got beyond the red flashes on that unit! Mike gave me his so I could fly and it worked as it should, got in the first flight... Awesome!!! But on the second flight the motor with the bent prop hub stopped in mid flight and the NAZA descended from about 5 ft to a flat landing?? How did this happen with 3 working motors? Happy it didn't crash because of a bad motor!!!
Even with the problems with my NAZA, I still loved the way it flew and will recommend the NAZA to anyone interested in a quad because of how Easy it is to fly out of the box!

And the service that RC hobby helicopter dot com gave me was,
TOP NOTCH Service!
Thanks John & Mike for your help getting this awesome machine flying!

Tim
ye but did he give it to you all set up or did you have to set it up all over again? glad you got in the air either way.

btw who is "mike at rchelicopter"? thought he (john) was by himself or that what he always says. he have someone helping him support or something? ( not a bad thing just curious )
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Cool QA. Yup that's how my TX screen setup looks. Just takes me a little longer to get up to speed than some. Will have it flying. I'm hoping this is the ans. to my fpv flying and AP. It's big brother the WK would be the ultimate but I think I'd be in deep Sh*t if I got one right now. Still working on it guys. I'll get there.
patients is virtue
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:15 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
guarantee it will be more stable then your witespy quad was. so fpv will be fine for u!

with max stick movement angle is reduced so you cant get to far before the "flipping" zone so good for fpv stuff i think. unless your a acrobatic fpv-er lol man i cant wait to start fpv stuff!
Yup Witespy quad was a good starter for a noob, got to learn a lot with it. Umm re did my esc's but when arm still motors are spinning fast. umm maybe try the programing card again.?
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Yup Witespy quad was a good starter for a noob, got to learn a lot with it. Umm re did my esc's but when arm still motors are spinning fast. umm maybe try the programing card again.?
ok i would start from scratch, def remove props.

so soon as plug in the battery they motors spin, or when you arm them? which startup mode are you in? and if you can take pictures of your quad showing the bord orientation mounting and etc that would be great as well.

the motors are suposed to spin when arm but not enough to make it rise up or flip. my guess is motors are spinning wrong way on 1 or couple. and if you in + or X mode make sure motors are spinning the correct direction, because in + mode its the opposite then traditional quads in + mode where front and back spin clockwise but naza has front and back go ccw
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:22 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Ok will do. It's not when I plug it in but do the sticks down to the left the motors start as should but the are spinning fast enough to have it go up. Have been trying to reconfigure of course with the props off. I've done both in manual and att.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Ok will do. It's not when I plug it in but do the sticks down to the left the motors start as should but the are spinning fast enough to have it go up. Have been trying to reconfigure of course with the props off. I've done both in manual and att.
my guess is your motors direction, show me how your board is mounted
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:36 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Board direction. Also am uploading video of startup
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:46 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
screen shot
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
]Board direction. Also am uploading video of startup
ok look at my picture given your motors are setup like the overlay ie front between M2-M1 i put on is it correct?
BTW your in manual mode, i would switch to ATTI first otherwise u will have to fight for level first time....
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
NAZA (0 min 28 sec)
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:50 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Now that's strange motors are turning opposite what you show on overlay?? ok will switch the bullets and get right way.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Now that's strange motors are turning opposite what you show on overlay?? ok will switch the bullets and get right way.
yes kinda what i suspected, but make sure each esc is connect to right motor output of naza first
btw the speed yur motors show in video look normal
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:59 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
ahhh ok. motors are connected right to naza. I marked the servo connector for each motor. Just a habit. Also I usually stay in atti mode. while being new to this controller. Maybe I'll tie the thing down to something then put props on an see what happens. winds getting up to 37mph today so don't thing flying anyways. too bad. gonna be 40 and tomorrow only 32 then later in week 25. LOL