SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:21 PM
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Dec 2009
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedfish View Post
Edit: Maybe I should buy new props. If they aren't balanced out of the package I'll just throw them away and try another.
If you think of throwing them away, I will pay for shipping to my address, dedfish, and I will find a use for them.
pajonate is offline Find More Posts by pajonate
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:24 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajonate View Post
If you think of throwing them away, I will pay for shipping to my address, dedfish, and I will find a use for them.
+1

I'd pay for shipping and your time. Balancing isn't hard at all and no props will ever be 100% balanced out of the package.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:27 PM
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Dec 2009
818 Posts
@RollandGarros and the others with iPhones,

here is my video of motor balancing with iPhone app that I have published couple of months ago

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1664484

or a link of the same video on my youtube channel:

Motor Balancing (2 min 16 sec)
pajonate is offline Find More Posts by pajonate
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:30 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antihero138 View Post
Just trying to share my findings, and possibly save someone a machine.

Dedfish.
First thing you should always do is balance your props.

If you are going to the Derry fly in this weekend I could help you at the field. I will be there most of the day on Sunday.

I'll pm you if I think of any other solutions to your problem.I wouldn't want to clutter up this thread with information.

Now you guys can get back to discussing how old you are
I don't know anything about a Derry fly. I just noticed your from NH as well, very cool. I'm only here for 11 more days and then I get in my van and move to Tampa. I probably won't be able to make any sort of event on Sun. I'm having a going away get together in Hampton on Sat night and I have a very bad feeling I'll be too hung over to do anything but sleep on Sun.

I just got back from flying another 4 packs glitch free. One thing is for sure these problems I'm having are causing me to develop the good habit of checking everything over when swapping batteries. I'm feeling better about getting this problem solved and I'm really thinking/hoping it was the loose motor connector.
dedfish is offline Find More Posts by dedfish
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:32 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
The comment about not balancing my props and just throwing them away if they weren't balanced out of the package was a sarcastic comment poking fun (good fun no real harm meant) at goldworthy's approach to replacing motors. Sorry I do plan on balancing my props in the future.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:42 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Sorry my sarcasm-meter is acting up... i'll just go out and buy a new one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedfish View Post
The comment about not balancing my props and just throwing them away if they weren't balanced out of the package was a sarcastic comment poking fun (good fun no real harm meant) at goldworthy's approach to replacing motors. Sorry I do plan on balancing my props in the future.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:02 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,691 Posts
Let's get back on track here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Sorry my sarcasm-meter is acting up... i'll just go out and buy a new one!
I'm having trouble telling fact from fiction as well.
I'm sorry if I was preaching doom and gloom for not balancing props.
I honestly thought I was hearing "it shouldn't matter" and "it is not worth the trouble".
Call me gullible.
T J Gilbert is online now Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: If You Don't See It Here...
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:14 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
Sorry, I'm not saying it's not worth the trouble. I absolutely don't believe that. I do believe it to be beneficial and I do plan on balancing my props. But I do believe that balancing props is part of fine tuning and if your craft can't stand up to vibration from mild unbalancing then you have much bigger things to worry about.

I hear you can get a discount on sarcasm meters if you buy in bulk.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:16 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
I want to buy an entire box!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:25 PM
USA, CA, Pollock Pines
Joined Jan 2011
158 Posts
Here is one of my flights from Saturday......I am using all stock DJI equip. on my F450, 4S 2650 mah battery with the DJI 8" props......hard mounted GoPro 2 using my paint mixing stick cam/battery mount. I am getting between 8 to 9 minutes of flight time from this size battery. This is just after sunrise so the lighting is kinda weird, actually like the way it turned out. All flown in Atti. mode,my GPS died the other day.

Hope Valley -West Fork Carson River Part 2 (8 min 48 sec)

Giving it some hard thought about picking up the F550.........is anyone using 4S batt. of the 3000mah or less range with a GoPro on the 550, if so what kind of flight time are you getting and what size props are you using.

Thanks,
Don
bendicks is offline Find More Posts by bendicks
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:29 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I am happy to report yet another trouble free flying day with my F450! not one glitch to report. Sorry TJ!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:36 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,691 Posts
What?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I am happy to report yet another trouble free flying day with my F450! not one glitch to report. Sorry TJ!
Not even any spent BF toilet paper?
T J Gilbert is online now Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: If You Don't See It Here...
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:39 PM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,019 Posts
bendicks: nice job, and a beautiful location! Thanks for sharing.
glmccready is online now Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:04 PM
USA, OK, Collinsville
Joined Oct 2005
178 Posts
Naza First Hover

Well, I just completed my first full battery hover with the Naza on the NL 650 frame and all I can say is HOLY #%#@, this FC is awsome. Its been quite a journey through Quad Land with my first quad and the HK 2.1 board then the HK2 board and now the Naza and the Naza is ,by far, the best FC out there for my flying style(Slow FPV). I urge anyone thinking about getting into Quads to take a look and study the attributes of the Naza for their selection of a FC. The Naza is so easy to setup and flies great right out of the box. This FC will take a lot of the failed time and money out of the Quad flying experiance (ask me how I know ).

I also want to thank all the folks here that are posting great information and tips. And a special thanks goes out to ramovan at RCDUDE.com for selling me the pre flashed 30A ESC's, they work great.

Thanks All
JSTFISH is offline Find More Posts by JSTFISH
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:12 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2012
33 Posts
jstfish, mine hovers nicely too but it has dropped out of the sky randomly on two occasions. I'm still trying to work out whether the gains are too high or maybe the ESCs aren't calibrated correctly. 90% of the time it flies very nicely, then within a split second it goes bezerk, flips and crashes to the ground. I've done continuity tests on all wires and can't find any shorts or open circuits. Using Turnigy Plush 30A and NTM 28-26 1200kv.
samps is offline Find More Posts by samps