HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:34 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
769 Posts
Whoopee

Well im over the moon,I managed to dowload the drivers for my Naza,it was not as difficult as I expected.yours,Marty.
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:36 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
769 Posts
Please what is difference between 1.6 and 2.1

As per above can some one please tell me what the difference's are between 1.6 and 2.1 firmware,I dont have GPS,once again thanks,Marty.
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Last edited by NEAGRON; Jul 28, 2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:45 AM
LSF 004 - AMA 5055
United States, CA, Saratoga
Joined Dec 2000
589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowless View Post
I use winxp on parallels to do the configuration. Works fine.
+1

Bob
bobandris is offline Find More Posts by bobandris
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:48 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Banana Hobby - Your Online RC Wonderland (1 min 5 sec)
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:19 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,299 Posts
I was already rollin' in laughter from the Cessna remark and now this?
Thanks for sharing
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Disco Gimbal Update
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauromassari View Post
Hey Tony I experience the same problem and went up and down with a lot of configurations and still did not solved it. I have a F450 with 1.5Kg weight and using GWS 9X5X3, then one of my last shoots I use 4S battery and it solve it. It really doesn't matter if you use 2 X 4400mha 3S or 1 X 2200 3S Nanotech, it fly fine for the first 30% of the battery charge then it starts to be unstable, try 4S you are not going to be sorry.
Another step is to lower your gains and balance your props and motors, but you maybe alredy done that.
Looking foward to do my 1st RTH and good FPV today, got myself borrowed couple 4S 2200 nanotech and is giving me almost same flight time as my 3S 5000mha and a way better flying machine.
This is my 2 cents, hope it helps.

Mauro
Thanks. I'll order some 4s batts.
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Jul 2012
165 Posts
Ok, received my replacement parts. Put my f550 back together. I loaded TahoeEds gains 145/145/150/130 and 90/90. Went out for a test flight.

Now I'm trying to figure out exactly how to dial things in.

With Eds settings, in gps mode, it seems to fly good. Will maintain altitude with throttle at center, stays in the relative same area.

When I flip over to atti mode, it has a tendency to drift back and slightly to left.

I've read the manual, for the Naza, and it says too much gain can cause the craft to drift in the opposite direction. So when that happens, back the gain off 10% and should be perfect. I'm just not sure which gain to back down 10%?

Thanks again for all the help.
Troiano27 is offline Find More Posts by Troiano27
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:29 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
Triano27

Check your static balance. Left right, forward back. This has been a cause of drifting for some. Others have found that they had a weak motor or esc. To test that you can move the motor and esc to a different location and see if it still drifts. This is after your check your balance with the lipo ready to fly.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Jul 2012
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Triano27

Check your static balance. Left right, forward back. This has been a cause of drifting for some. Others have found that they had a weak motor or esc. To test that you can move the motor and esc to a different location and see if it still drifts. This is after your check your balance with the lipo ready to fly.
Ok, still a newbie. When you say static balance, I'm not 100% sure what you mean. You mean the balance of the craft? I have the lipo running left to right, and nothing else besides the gps on the craft. All the electronics on bottom plate are centered for the most part.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:52 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
Yes you want it to balance as perfectly as you can. As you know when you put a battery on, it is not the exact same position every time. The Naza can compensate but sometimes drifts. It you want to test your dynamic balance fly some in Manual. If you can get it to hold still for more than a few seconds using only gyros, you are pretty well balanced. If mine is off a little it doesn't bother me since I don't hold still much when I am flying in ATTI or Manual.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Jul 2012
165 Posts
I'm currently at the field right now. Just fired it up, same settings, did a compass recalibration. Now it's flying very strange, like one of the motors is not working right. I landed, and checked all my connections and I notice my number 5 motor is too hot to touch, but the others aren't even warm. This is after less then 2 min of hovering.

Bad motor? Bad esc?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:20 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
It could be either. Move the motor and retest.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:55 PM
Joined Jul 2012
165 Posts
Ok, ran through 2 lipos then ran out of sunlight. Tried adjusting some of the gains. Tahoe Ed's seemed to work best. I was careful to make sure my battery was balanced on top. Recalibrated the compass after every time I changed the gains. Gps mode works great, atti mode works good. Can't really do anything with manual. As soon as I switched to manual, it flips out. Went straight up once, took off to the side another time. Not really sure how I change that. Didn't do much manual flying because of it. Would just flip back to atti.

The F550 is twitchy, and it doesn't seem to be anything to do with when I move any of the control sticks. Although it will get a little more intense when I fly, as opposed to hover. Won't be able to fly again until Monday, but going to take my camera with me and see if I can get some video of what it's doing. It's doing this no matter where the gains are set. Seems to get worse the longer it flies.

I tried banging on the sticks a little, back and forth, forward back, and up. Responded good, just the twitchiness of the craft. Almost like some of th motors are sputtering. I'll post video as soon as I can record some.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:47 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
If you are not used to flying manual it will be really twitchy. I always fly with 30% expo in Aileron and Elevator channels. When I was learning I used up to 50% expo to calm things down. With single rotors we always say fly the disc. Which means look at the rotor disc. I will tell you things before the craft reacts. With multis it is a little trickier, multi rotors to look at. You will get used to it and it can be fun.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:29 AM
Relax, have a Cub
College Place, WA.
Joined Apr 2004
992 Posts
I have the Hobbypartz lights on my quad running 3s. Just tried running 4s and instantly got rid of the wobbles. If I want to keep running the 4s, is there a way to drop the voltage for the lights back down to the intended 12v.? Put a resistor in line or run a regulator? Anyone done this?
I did try the lights for a minute or so and they are very bright at 16v., but will they last?
mewert is online now Find More Posts by mewert