viper522 is online now Find More Posts by viper522
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2012, 01:36 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
...or this may be better yet.
DJIUSA store

I just noticed that you must be good at math if you want to send them a message through the contact link in the store.
lostheli is offline Find More Posts by lostheli
Last edited by lostheli; Jun 09, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 01:49 PM
Norge, Vestfold, Tønsberg
Joined Apr 2010
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewert View Post
I notice on the different setup vids that some set them up on "heli" and some on "acro". The manual says acro, but why are some doing it as heli?
I'm building my first multi, F450, and it gets confusing.
Thanks
The basic functions in H1 and Acro are practically the same, so either one will work. Some radios might have revo- and pitch to throttle mixing enabled by default in H1, and that is the reason that Acro is the easiest to recommend.
JanHenning is offline Find More Posts by JanHenning
Old Jun 09, 2012, 03:06 PM
United States, WA, Lyle
Joined Nov 2011
373 Posts
I am having a problem with my Futaba T7C TX in getting it to half throttle with out my quad taking off like a rocket. My expo's are set at 100% and have tried lower with no change. Is there something else I can do maybe in Naza asst? ant helpI would greatful.
rpmlog09 is offline Find More Posts by rpmlog09
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LI-PO How and why
Old Jun 09, 2012, 03:56 PM
North Sweden
Joined Jun 2007
594 Posts
Everytime i do a 360 degree fast yaw i get a dip forward afterwards. Ideas why ? Problem with the software or ?
cyberdog is offline Find More Posts by cyberdog
Old Jun 09, 2012, 05:12 PM
living the dream
United States, NJ
Joined Apr 2011
369 Posts
M1 doesnt spin up

Hey all - got a bit of a problem here with my Naza.

Just transferred the board from my son's MQ-1 frame as my CC board is out for repair. Its been an interesting few weeks.

Anyway - I'm using HK30A flashed esc's with SimonK firmware, Exceed Rocket 2215 motors and its now mounted on a VC450. Had it looking good in the assistant, all channels mapping properly, Fail Safe set and switching from Manual to Atti without issue. I was very careful about making an overlay of motor assignments as Naza is opposite of CC and didn't want to have funny output and go boom.

Anyway power up and the VU indicator is blinking as it should, I wait for it to go off as I am in manual and then arm in intelligent mode. Motor #1 does not spin up - all others do. I try a little deductive reasoning and switch the M1 and M2 leads to see if it is an esc, motor or solder joint problem. Expecting to have motor 1 spin up and motor 2 not spin but motor 1 persists in no spin.

Next I think, perhaps the esc is not getting power from distro board - tested with multimeter - 12.5v - its a fresh battery. Also tried to see if voltage was coming through the esc on the other side - and yes it is.

So.... my conclusion is that M1 output is not functioning and there is a problem with the board - if it was the motor or esc then when I switched it around the issue should follow the motor and not remain in the same location.

Anyone have any other ideas or had this experience? I dont see a way to map the motors to different outputs like you can do in CC Ground Control Station. Would be nice to have that feature in Naza Assistant.

Frustrated as I need to hone my FPV skills for an upcoming project and need goggle/stick time.

Thanks for any thoughts and/or help.

Steve

EDIT: Was able to get it working but not sure how! I swapped out an esc in arm 1 to test and see if I was missing something. Sure enough that motor spun up but now motor 2 wouldn't spin up! So now I'm figuring its an arming issue. I removed the esc that was in there as a swap and tried arming it and everything worked! I did try powering the esc's before the VU bu didn't see that it made a difference. Maybe I'm not waiting long enough between powering esc's and VU? The note sequence is not complete until the VU powers on so I'm assuming the esc's are not fully armed until the VU is powered - really confused and no doubt it will happen at the meet-up planned tomorrow PM? Anyone care to shine a light on this?
scphoto is offline Find More Posts by scphoto
Last edited by scphoto; Jun 09, 2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: got it flying
Old Jun 09, 2012, 06:31 PM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Anyone have any other ideas or had this experience? I dont see a way to map the motors to different outputs like you can do in CC Ground Control Station. Would be nice to have that feature in Naza Assistant.

Steve

Thats the sad thing about the DJI NAZA there is no way to map each motor they did add idle throtle to the last upgrade with a single slider but thats it one slider for all motors. Its sad that they did not do a bunch of little things that software related if they would have they would have a home run hitter in there dugout.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old Jun 09, 2012, 06:36 PM
living the dream
United States, NJ
Joined Apr 2011
369 Posts
yup, I agree. I moved some paragraphs around in my post - latest is that I was able to make it work just not sure how!

I haven't flown the Naza in a few months and forgot how much mellower it is - its solid but not that responsive - I have to play with the gains a bit but it will definitely work for tomorrow.

Funny, I was thinking once I got a CC3D and my other CC board back from repair that I'd put this up for sale. Now I'm not so sure I want to part with it. Its like flying while sitting on a comfy couch!
scphoto is offline Find More Posts by scphoto
Old Jun 09, 2012, 07:20 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,524 Posts
Well I finally reassembled my quad after my crash in May. I added the Quadframes landing gear and gopro mount. Everything worked well. I guess I'll never know what happened. Good to have it back together.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Jun 10, 2012, 01:14 AM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
After breaking yet another arm on my Gaui 330x, I decided to get a tougher frame and ordered the flamewheel 450 from uavproducts.com, then while I was there I figured what the heck, may as well get a Naza while I'm at it. From what I have heard, the Naza flies easier than my quadrino zoom (on VC-450 frame), which is noticeably better than my Gaui, and my principal reason for flying is aerial video and photography, so the easier the better.

Now, since I also heard that the Naza FC would also drop right into the Gaui and replace the GU-344 gyro, I thought I would just use the motors and ESC's from the Gaui. The Scorpion motors bolted right on to the flamewheel, and the 10a ESC's are soldered to the bottom board now. I was going to use the 18a plush ESC's I bought for my quadrino, but thought since I had no issues at all with the Gaui motors and ESC's, I would leave them as is. The only difference is I'll likely be using 9 or 10" props.

This should all be ok, correct?

The other thing is, neither the frame or Naza FC came with any instructions. The frame was easy enough to figure out, but I was wondering if there is a one or two pager somewhere on how to wire up the Naza FC. Until now I didn't realize there was two components to it. I found the 40 page owners manual on the DJI site, so I can print off the relevant pages to get it all connected correctly etc. I've watched a couple of unboxing videos, and noticed that the boards are set up with the tabs out the side, so as to put the power module on the side, and they also center the main FC. I'd sooner have the tabs front and rear, leaving one for the receiver and one for fpv cam etc.

I am also assuming that the FC component should be centered on the bottom plate pointed at the front, much the same as the GU-344 was mounted.
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Last edited by Glenstr; Jun 10, 2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 01:50 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,371 Posts
Glenstr,

You will find the Manual link here

http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...tor/overview/#

and some pretty good setup videos here

http://www.uavproducts.com/
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jun 10, 2012, 02:06 AM
France, IdF, Châtenay-Malabry
Joined Aug 2010
287 Posts
Hello,

Bordeaux wine Smith Haut Lafitte is one of the big ones. Robert Parker gave it the highest score of 100 in 2009 (the last released). Attached to the castle is the 5 star hotel and spa “Les sources de Caudalie”. Both belong to the Cathiard couple, French Ski champions in the 1960’s.

The Scarab FPV Reconn (with Naza) found it’s alter ego…

Please enjoy:
Smith Haut Lafitte and Caudalie / Wine and Spa - Aerial - Scarab Reconn FPV Quad (3 min 18 sec)

Gregory
glambert is offline Find More Posts by glambert
Old Jun 10, 2012, 02:26 AM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Glenstr,

You will find the Manual link here

http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...tor/overview/#

and some pretty good setup videos here

http://www.uavproducts.com/
thanks! I found that video on a search, it's a good one alright. Was wondering about using the thin adhesive pads they supply or the thicker ones that came with my Gaui - but I think I'll stick with what they sent.
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Jun 10, 2012, 02:41 AM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr View Post
thanks! I found that video on a search, it's a good one alright. Was wondering about using the thin adhesive pads they supply or the thicker ones that came with my Gaui - but I think I'll stick with what they sent.
Use the thin one Naza does not like it soft but yet it can be effected by VIB's its a strange thang but I spent enough time and money to tell you thats a fact.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:26 AM
Sweden, Värmland County, Karlstad
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
I have little spasms / twitches in hover (atti mode) 3:00
Any idea what I should change?

Basic Gain: 130 - 130 - 130 - 120
Attitude Gain: 96 - 96
8x4.5
Dji 920kv 30A Opto
4s 4000mAh
First flight with GoPro, Dji F450 w/ Naza (5 min 7 sec)
johankall is offline Find More Posts by johankall
Last edited by johankall; Jun 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM.