HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:11 PM
Norge, Vestfold, Tønsberg
Joined Apr 2010
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by repodog View Post
3. How do I check to see if I have a bad motor - please respond in noobese
A loose magnet can lead to unpredictable loss of power. Check if it is possible to see the misalignment, or gently nudge each of them with a small screwdriver to find out.
JanHenning is offline Find More Posts by JanHenning
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 06:37 PM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
What is a example of good FPV equipment?
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...aos1ml2vle5i12
HansAuf is offline Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old Jun 08, 2012, 07:08 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
No, I have not tried that. Why it should help? I have almost default settings, only Yaw I had to set lower. I tried to tune it now and I had to set Yaw to 50% to get rid of this effect. When Yaw gain is higher the hexa jumps when I touch the rudder. It also amlpifies that effect of slight right turn before actually turning left when applying left rudder.

No, my motors turn in the right directions.
Should help? I dont know about that, but it could help. It isn't impossible that the data have been incorrectly stored in memory. Weirder things have happened. And when dealing with invisible things like bits and bytes, I find it help narrow down the suspects by removing all doubt. Sometimes that's easy, sometimes it takes more time than it's worth. It's up to you.

For reference, I just received an F550 that I bought used on the forum. The first thing I did was connect it and export the settings, to create a backup. Then I updated the firmware to latest available and reset all settings to default. Since I was using a different brand Tx/Rx combo than the previous owner I didn't want to take chances.
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Jun 08, 2012, 07:13 PM
United States, AZ, Snowflake
Joined Dec 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
Guys, I just rebuilt my quad to hexa. I have a slight problem with rudder. First issue is that when rudder is applied then Naza gives some kind of throttle burst at the beginning and at the end of rudder stick move. That was experienced in my quad too. I think it was pointed out by some folks too but successfully igonred by DJI developers.

The second issue now in my hexa is that applying left rudder first makes a short kick to the right and only then start spinning left. That does not apply in the right rudder. This issue however, can be casued by my mechanical structure - the booms are tubes and I suspect motors are not perfectly up so when hexa starts spinning up motors for turing left, one or more of them pull the hexa to the right a bit because they are tilted so that pulls the craft spinning right a bit.

Not sure I explained it well...

Here is a short video trying to show what I am talking about. It might not be so obvious as I turned down yaw gain to 85%. Lower gain helps but then the hexa does not keep heading so well when flying faster.

Any advises/thoughts? Thanks!

The best visible between 10 - 15th second. I'll try to cut that part out and make it slow motion so it is more obvious.
On my Witespy Naza Quad I had the same problem with the burst of throttle at the beginning and end of the yaw and a slow yaw to the right. My solution was to adjust the basic gains. Flying in Atti Mode, I set the pitch and roll high enough that a sharp stick movement and then release would cause an appropriate pitch/roll movement, but the quad would return to level WITHOUT over correcting. If it over corrects, turn the gain down. You want the gains as high as possible without over correcting. For the yaw, I set the gain high enough for a good yaw rate. I'd put the quad in a hover and then full yaw and hold. Careful with the throttle stick, adjust as necessary to hold altitude. After several revolutions, I'd release the stick and see if it over corrected and adjusted as necessary. Finally, I played with the vertical gain to get predictable throttle control AND to get rid of the slow right yaw. The gains also need to be re-adjusted if you change the AUW signifcantly - AP or no AP. YMMV.
kgreylgrey is offline Find More Posts by kgreylgrey
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:42 PM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Good news from another site. Seems some geeks have been able to setup codes for reflashing SiLabs chips to accomplish a high speed ESC with all the new ESC's that are coming out with the SiLabs chips in them. This is really good news for one reason its known that the Sil F330 is a much stronger chip than Atmega8, and it's internal oscillator is +-2% not +-10% like in Atmega. I am crossing my fingers I may have just had a little luck being that I have a truck load of ESC's that are new with the Silabs chip in them. Had to keep ordering trying to find the somewhat rare Atmega chip esc's to flash just awhile back.They are still working on it and seems they are having sucess in flashing them.Crossing my fingers.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old Jun 09, 2012, 08:49 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Anyone know the best place in the U.S. to buy a new f450 factory motor? THANKS
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 09, 2012, 08:58 AM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,368 Posts
Quote:
http://www.uavproducts.com/dji-multi-rotor-frames/
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:02 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
I am looking for a retailer in the U.S. please
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:04 AM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:

Michigan is not in the US?
lostheli is offline Find More Posts by lostheli
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:07 AM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
Quote:
You're kidding right? He is the biggest distributor of DJI products in the US. You'd be hard pressed to find better service or prices.

www.djiusa.com = www.uavproducts.com
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:13 AM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,161 Posts
Quote:
I think someone is selling six DJI motors in the classifieds section
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:28 AM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
I think someone is selling six DJI motors in the classifieds section
Says only sell as 6. Seems alot of folks want to sell stuff but they want the price they gave for them when in fact as time goes by the prices from distrbutors has lowered. People just can't get there head around the idea that when you buy technoligy the price drops as soon as you hit the door. Seen an ad where a guy wanted to sell a 3 year old 330x not a 330sx it had an price on it close to when he bought it lol Things that people do just amazes me.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:43 AM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,368 Posts
Quote:
They are.....
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:46 AM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
OK Lets try it this way lol
http://www.uavproducts.com/motors-escs-props/

OK that did not work because when you go to the link the STORE pull down tab does not come down. So go to that link in the upper right hand coner click on the store tab then inside the store xclike motors esc. they are there.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:17 PM
Relax, have a Cub
College Place, WA.
Joined Apr 2004
1,009 Posts
Radio setup for F450

I notice on the different setup vids that some set them up on "heli" and some on "acro". The manual says acro, but why are some doing it as heli?
I'm building my first multi, F450, and it gets confusing.
Thanks
mewert is online now Find More Posts by mewert