Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:52 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,106 Posts
A little off topic. I'm (finally) braving some quadrobatics with my F330 frame. I've done loops and rolls from stationary pretty well. Today I tried a loop from forward flight...didn't work well. KerSmackO...scratch two arms. Luckily I ordered and just received a spare F330 frame so I have a place to 'borrow' arms from. I'd like to buy spare F330 arms vs kits though. Anyone stocking spare 330 arms??? I've not come across any yet.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:55 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
A little off topic. I'm (finally) braving some quadrobatics with my F330 frame. I've done loops and rolls from stationary pretty well. Today I tried a loop from forward flight...didn't work well. KerSmackO...scratch two arms. Luckily I ordered and just received a spare F330 frame so I have a place to 'borrow' arms from. I'd like to buy spare F330 arms vs kits though. Anyone stocking spare 330 arms??? I've not come across any yet.
Sorry you crashed. You have been an inspiration for me to get more aggressive in my flying. Glad you have replacement parts.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jun 02, 2012, 01:09 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Sorry you crashed. You have been an inspiration for me NOT to get more aggressive in my flying. Glad you have replacement parts.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 02, 2012, 01:21 PM
Quad Smasher
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Feb 2012
220 Posts
I tried the new 1.6 Naza firmware on my copter that has the simonk flashed esc's. Changing the motor speed settings didn't seem to have any effect on the way the motors started or ran afterwards. The quirky startup behavior but otherwise excellent flight characteristics are still the same.
DavidPDX is online now Find More Posts by DavidPDX
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:07 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Does anyone here know of any good vendors that sell Naza in Germany? A friend of mine is interested in buying one but he wants to be sure he can buy it from a vendor that honors the warranty and stands behind the product in case he gets a dud.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:12 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
xxx
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Last edited by goldsworthy; Jun 02, 2012 at 05:22 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:06 PM
Go and fly now!
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Feb 2012
56 Posts
Awesome use for a used cat!
PeteDee is offline Find More Posts by PeteDee
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:17 PM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,185 Posts
Bad taste IMO lol and that's a kk board, not a Naza
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:19 PM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Very bad taste thats not photo shoped that was a real cat at one time.I found out yesterday that there was another thread where this subject got a very bad feaud started bad enough that RCG shut the whole thread down.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Oct 2011
110 Posts
very bad taste for sure...encouraging these idiots by making jokes is also in bad taste
cappy24 is offline Find More Posts by cappy24
Old Jun 02, 2012, 06:09 PM
Mums the word.
St.Augustine, FL
Joined Sep 2009
2,061 Posts
HT FPV and NAZA unstable yaw (0 min 33 sec)

Is this a normal yaw motion for a quad. The NAZA is mounted 2mm forward of center. I've never flown a quad before so I was not sure.
man2000me is offline Find More Posts by man2000me
Old Jun 02, 2012, 06:20 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
does not look normal, although i do find it hard to yaw and keep the throttle steady... i use a throttle curve and negative expo on yaw to help me out.

make sure your ESCs are calibrated and your CG is fairly close to center...

also make sure your prop/motor direction is correct..... in some instances the quad will fly with props/motors in the wrong direction, but yaw will not be stable.
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:10 AM
Deutschland, BY, Nürnberg
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
I bought here two Wookong-M and a Naza and was advised of Mr. Stein well.
http://stein-webshop.de
wflug is offline Find More Posts by wflug
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:45 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
INTERNET! Where cats are SRS business!

I thought it was hilarious. I really doubt they killed a cat to do that, so really now, who cares? It's just a stuffed cat.

wflug: Thanks for the link, I'll forward it asap.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Jun 03, 2012, 07:39 AM
Joined Dec 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergravy View Post
I have had this same type behavior with simonk flashed DYS escs and Naza controllers. After doing some digging I then found others experiencing the same thing. While I don't particularly like this startup behaviour, it does always manage to take off and fly fantastic.
I reflashed my RcTimer (DYS) Escs with the latest tgy.hex the other day. Calibrated the escs one by one. Now my 6 motors spin up at the same time. I've had the exact the same problem as you.

Using Naza, Rctimer 30amp, Rctimer 3536-910kv, APC 11x4,7. 5kg Hexa with Pentax K20D camera.

I've also mounted the aluminium cooling plate on the esc:s directly to the 15*15alu arms of the he hexacopter. Shrinktube around both the esc and the arm. Perfect cooling!
SteffeB is online now Find More Posts by SteffeB
Last edited by SteffeB; Jun 03, 2012 at 07:49 AM.