SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:07 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
So whats new in the 1.6 version then? Other than GPS capability?
Don't know yet, I am going there tonight.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:18 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
So whats new in the 1.6 version then? Other than GPS capability?
Adjustable motor RPM at start up. There's some extra gain settings, or something like that, too I think.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:38 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Adjustable motor RPM at start up. There's some extra gain settings, or something like that, too I think.
like the WKM.
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:40 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,913 Posts
Exactly!
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 01, 2012, 11:41 PM
Seattle
Joined Apr 2006
415 Posts
So I just got my naza today and got it all wired up. I haven't flown it yet, since I'm running into a potential issue. Not all motors are arming, some will turn some wont. it also isn't consistent. The ones that don't turn, will turn once I get to about 50% throttle.

EDIT: I should mention that all the ESC's do arm, its just when I arm it with the TX, some motors will spin up and some wont. increasing the throttle significantly will eventually spin up the other motors.

I have programmed the end points on each ESC numerous times now.

Here's my setup:
Carbon Core H6 950mm frame.
Naza on v2.01
HK Blue Series 30a flashed with SimonK firmware.
Sunnysky 2814 700kv
DX7

All ESC's have the positive power wire removed from the plug. I have hooked up all the motors to a servo tester and they all turn on at the same time with the tester. I have calibrated the TX in the assistant.

I'm not sure what else to check, and I'm scared to maiden it with the way it is.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Hopefully I can get it in the air tomorrow, assuming I get this resolved.

Thanks!
winggee is offline Find More Posts by winggee
Last edited by winggee; Jun 01, 2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: arming
Old Jun 01, 2012, 11:49 PM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winggee View Post
So I just got my naza today and got it all wired up. I haven't flown it yet, since I'm running into a potential issue. Not all motors are arming, some will turn some wont. it also isn't consistent. The ones that don't turn, will turn once I get to about 50% throttle.

EDIT: I should mention that all the ESC's do arm, its just when I arm it with the TX, some motors will spin up and some wont. increasing the throttle significantly will eventually spin up the other motors.

I have programmed the end points on each ESC numerous times now.

Here's my setup:
Carbon Core H6 950mm frame.
Naza on v2.01
HK Blue Series 30a flashed with SimonK firmware.
Sunnysky 2814 700kv
DX7

All ESC's have the positive power wire removed from the plug. I have hooked up all the motors to a servo tester and they all turn on at the same time with the tester. I have calibrated the TX in the assistant.

I'm not sure what else to check, and I'm scared to maiden it with the way it is.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Hopefully I can get it in the air tomorrow, assuming I get this resolved.

Thanks!
Did you calibrate each esc and motor to your rx'ers throttle channel.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old Jun 01, 2012, 11:54 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,913 Posts
With SimonK firmware you don't have to calibrate the esc;s. How do you know that the mortars are not arming?
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:07 AM
Seattle
Joined Apr 2006
415 Posts
Yeah, I calibrated each ESC with my RX throttle channel. When each each is connected directly to the throttle channel, they all spin up when I move the stick a tad.

Tahoe Ed,
When I arm them with the TX by moving the two sticks, only a few motors will turn on right away. I have to move the throttle to about 50% before the others will start turning.

So far the past 10 or so power ups, motor 2,4,6 don't turn when arming with the TX. If I move the control sticks, those motors will start turning, but significantly slower than the rest. Once I move the throttle stick up to 50% then they will start turning.

Thanks guys for helping me figure this out.
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:11 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,913 Posts
My initial thought is that you have an esc problem or that your Tx has some minimum throttle settings that the Naza is not recognizing. I would recalibrate the esc, ignore the fact that they should not need it. I would also try different end points on the throttle.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:33 AM
Seattle
Joined Apr 2006
415 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure whats going on. I just recalibrated all the esc's again. Seems like it's motor 2,4,6. On thing I noticed, is in Manual Mode, motors 2,4,6 will spin up at a much lower throttle position. it still wont turn on when arming, but moving the stick up a bit will turn them on. They're still slower than the rest of the motors though. Odd how the behavior a little different in manual mode.

I'm not sure what to check on the dx7. If I direct connect each of the 6 motors one by one to the RX, they all spin up at the same throttle position.
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:34 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,189 Posts
Easy!!!
trim your rudder to center!

Otherwise just takeoff, you'll be fine. It will rudder Right a bit, so just trim it back, then land and let it idle again and they should all spin the same.

Cheers

matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by winggee View Post
Yeah, I calibrated each ESC with my RX throttle channel. When each each is connected directly to the throttle channel, they all spin up when I move the stick a tad.

Tahoe Ed,
When I arm them with the TX by moving the two sticks, only a few motors will turn on right away. I have to move the throttle to about 50% before the others will start turning.

So far the past 10 or so power ups, motor 2,4,6 don't turn when arming with the TX. If I move the control sticks, those motors will start turning, but significantly slower than the rest. Once I move the throttle stick up to 50% then they will start turning.

Thanks guys for helping me figure this out.
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:39 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,069 Posts
I had the same problem with a Naza machine I built for a customer on the BlueSeries ESCs. Not sure what the actual root cause was but I reflashed the firmware on the Naza and it solved the problem.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:52 AM
Seattle
Joined Apr 2006
415 Posts
Heh. So get this... I reflashed the firmware as suggested and now motors 1,3,5 aren't spinning up when armed, but 2,4,6 is working now. Maybe I should try downgrading to see what happens. I just hope it isn't firmware specific, since I have the GPS pre-ordered.
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:55 AM
United States, TX, Deer Park
Joined Mar 2012
83 Posts
I'm setting up my Naza tonight using the Futaba 8fgh super tx. I've noticed none of the channels are controlling the Atti-failsafe-manual. How do I set a channel to control these? I'm using sbus from rx to naza.
Dollarz81 is online now Find More Posts by Dollarz81
Old Jun 02, 2012, 01:18 AM
Seattle
Joined Apr 2006
415 Posts
So I flashed back to 1.04, all motors are turning on and appear to be at the same speed. But I can't use it either, since v1.04 doesn't have my frame type ( "Hexa-rotor I" in assistant 1.6). 1.04 only has the "Hexa-rotor X6".

I guess I'll try to flash back to v2.01 and see what happens.

EDIT: I flashed back to 2.01 and no luck, I thought it might have been a mixer issue, but their Hexa V did the same thing. It's funny that flashing the firmware will make the problem swap motor positions. I'm going to flash back to 1.04 and fly it tomorrow. everything appeared to work fine in 1.04.

Sucks that the new firmware is causing me issues. The gps will be useless until I change out all the esc's or someone has any other potential solution
Last edited by winggee; Jun 02, 2012 at 01:39 AM. Reason: update