SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 12, 2012, 06:23 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
OT for a moment I just saw this in the news. Someone just found a WW2 fighter plane in the Jadid Desert / Egypt . This plane apparently has been in this desert for 70 years until it was discovered. What is amazing is the condition and preservation of this plane. I believe they will be moving it to a museum The story says the pilot walked away not knowing the nearest town was over 200 miles away from the crash sight. they figure he died on the walk someplace. Just look at this video-
CRASHED AIRPLANE 1\2 Movie.mp4 (1 min 31 sec)
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Last edited by goldsworthy; May 12, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2012, 06:25 AM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdog View Post
All the red wires are already removed. ESC´s has been calibrated many times.

Have tried giving power to board first and then ESC but still get same problems.
Hey CyberDog, I had the same problem with my 1st setup, what you have to is try to power with one battery Naza first then after 5 seconds try to power your Trx and motors. What is happening here is that your ESC are not compatable with Naza, so the only way that you will start your motors are doing that way. See if you have all your controler knobs setup and in the center. Another thing that you have to watch is the light of your Naza, is blinking one time orange, or 2 or nothing, this will tell if you have centered your controller and in what mode you are. If you have any other question let us know, we can try to solve. Hope you flying soon this weekend.
If that fix your problem, just do a adapter as 2 fameles and one male so you can power your Naza first then you motors and don't have to use 2 batteries, that was just for a test. Remember to ALWAYS REMOVE YOUR PROPS, prior to test if it is working, you don't want to have you sliced with your first try.

Mauro
mauromassari is offline Find More Posts by mauromassari
Old May 12, 2012, 08:06 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
EzOSD with RTH.... New Product? http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread......-New-Product
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 12, 2012, 10:09 AM
Near Disneyland in Placentia, Southern California, USA
Joined Aug 2004
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
If you got it only as a Bind 'N Fly then you have to set the failsafe when you bound it to your Rx...thus probably have no failsafe set. Some Spektrum Rx's can only set a throttle failsafe, some can set failsafe for every channel. What Rx came with your quad? The ones that are 'full' failsafe settable are the 7+ channel receivers with the Data Port (I believe)...could be wrong on that though. For 'normal' 'throttle only' failsafe you plug in the bind plug, power up the Rx...the LED(s) should start blinking, set the throttle stick to where you want it to failsafe to (normally all the way off) push and hold the Tx bind button, power up the Tx and wait until the Rx LEDs stop flashing. To set a 'all channel' failsafe you plug in the bind plug on the Rx, power up, wait for the Rx LEDs to start blinking, remove the bind plug, the LEDs should stay blinking, set your Tx switches, knobs, sticks to the desired failsafe positions, push and hold the bind button, turn on the Tx and wait until the Rx LEDs stop blinking. Of course REMOVE THE PROPS before you go through this process. Test your failsafe settings to verify it worked as set.
Thanks for that info Vantasstic!
My setup did NOT come with a TX, only the Spektrum RX (AR6100e). I had the Spektrum DX7 (original version).
Other than the normal binding and turning down the gains on the Gear channel, nothing else was set.
I used a new never before used model memory location on the TX so all the settings started out as factory stock, and it flew and responded perfectly right away.
I am blown away at the way the NAZA functions. Awesome!
I will look into your suggestions for setting up the failsafe. Because I have the old version of the DX7, I may be limited to the throttle position only. I think about 60% setting will allow the quad to settle somewhat gently and not just plummet to the ground. I'll have to experiment a bit.
Thanks again!
Bernd
BerndM is offline Find More Posts by BerndM
Old May 12, 2012, 11:17 AM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,334 Posts
Did my first loops, rolls, and blade stops (kind of) today with the F450. I've only had the thing two weeks and I'm doing more than I ever did with my nitro heli.

Ended up crashing screwing around with the go pro on it. No damage and I got it on viedo. I'll have to edit it down and post a link.
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old May 12, 2012, 11:47 AM
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Jul 2005
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by womackke View Post
Mine did that with junky ESC's everything got better with dji escs. are you running off brand or dji?

Also I would suggest just lowering the basic pitch and roll and not atti
I am using Turnigy ESCs. Would those fit in the category of junky ESCs? I don't know, and my feelings won't be hurt by an honest opinion.

If dji ESCs are the answer then I won't hesitate to solve the problem.

Cheers,

Gary
gjensen is offline Find More Posts by gjensen
Old May 12, 2012, 12:06 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Sep 2007
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM View Post
Thanks for that info Vantasstic!
My setup did NOT come with a TX, only the Spektrum RX (AR6100e). I had the Spektrum DX7 (original version).
Other than the normal binding and turning down the gains on the Gear channel, nothing else was set.
I used a new never before used model memory location on the TX so all the settings started out as factory stock, and it flew and responded perfectly right away.
I am blown away at the way the NAZA functions. Awesome!
I will look into your suggestions for setting up the failsafe. Because I have the old version of the DX7, I may be limited to the throttle position only. I think about 60% setting will allow the quad to settle somewhat gently and not just plummet to the ground. I'll have to experiment a bit.
Thanks again!
Bernd
Only JR and Spektrum 8 channel and above Tx has programmable failsafe on channels other than throttle.
Oldpa123 is offline Find More Posts by Oldpa123
Old May 12, 2012, 12:10 PM
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Jul 2005
728 Posts
I made adjustments to the gains. I turned them down.

In ATTI mode, hovering about 2 feet high, I slowly do rudder turns in both directions.... No problem. I then try to do a rapid rudder turn at 2 feet off the ground and it abruptly flips upside down into the grass. So, these two tests of adjusting gains has only cost two props.

Being able to flip completely upside down with only two feet af altitude indicates to me that there is something more seriously amiss than oscillation problems, wouldn't you agree?

Could this be a symptom of inadequate ESCs, or something else?

Again, flying with only the most gentle of control inputs is no problem and it is very stable.

Thanks for any advice,

Gary
Old May 12, 2012, 12:34 PM
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Jul 2005
728 Posts
In anticipation of the answers I would be getting back on this problem, I have just placed an order for four new dji 30amp OPTO ESCs.

I sure hope that is going to resolve my issue. If not.....

Cheers,

Gary
Old May 12, 2012, 02:01 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Feb 2011
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
Did my first loops, rolls, and blade stops (kind of) today with the F450. I've only had the thing two weeks and I'm doing more than I ever did with my nitro heli.

Ended up crashing screwing around with the go pro on it. No damage and I got it on viedo. I'll have to edit it down and post a link.
I think you have to be in manual mode to do loops. If the blades stoped it's probably because you were in attitude mode. I haven't done it myself but I would think that's probably why.
bananawhiz is offline Find More Posts by bananawhiz
Old May 12, 2012, 02:31 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjensen View Post
I am using Turnigy ESCs. Would those fit in the category of junky ESCs? I don't know, and my feelings won't be hurt by an honest opinion.

If dji ESCs are the answer then I won't hesitate to solve the problem.

Cheers,

Gary
Turnigy Plush is a nice ESC, the other Turnigys? :dunno

Sounds like you're doing the smart thing and getting the DJI units.
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old May 12, 2012, 03:29 PM
Norway, Hedmark, Hamar
Joined Sep 2009
68 Posts
Anyone got some starting gains to start out with for a Naza on a X650?
And do I set all basic gains to remote adjust, or do I only set it to it to adjust roll and pitch?

Thank you
Denominator is offline Find More Posts by Denominator
Old May 12, 2012, 05:35 PM
sorry, my english is bad
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Apr 2011
232 Posts
Do you know what you´re NAZA is able to do?
If someone would have told me after my first flight i would have lought at him.

but:
Trainingday (3 min 26 sec)

GoPro just sticked with velcrostrap (Scorpion) on the bottom plate, 4s2200, DJI 8x5 props, rest of setup is DJI F450 stock.

have fun flying
greez
MäX
teramax is offline Find More Posts by teramax
Old May 12, 2012, 06:09 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpa123 View Post
Only JR and Spektrum 8 channel and above Tx has programmable failsafe on channels other than throttle.
Nope...I've got two 7 channel Spektrum Rx's with full channel failsafe capable. I think as long as you have the data port then it can do full channel failsafing. I sent my earlier (data port) 7 channel to Horizon for firmware upgrade. When I got it back it did the full failsafe setting.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2012, 06:19 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,116 Posts
I was flying with Tahoe Ed today. I was shocked, but I have to say that I actually watched him do some landings with his Naza hex AND the motors did auto shut down after landing. He's using intelligent cutoff...I'm using instant cutoff. Perhaps that's the difference. I'll have to give it a try...first time I've seen the Naza cut the motors (a few seconds) after landing though...so I guess it is possible.

I also watched him hoving his F550 frame when all of the sudden the #1 motor shed a blade...then followed by the #4 shedding a blade. I can't be sure of the exact sequence though. I did see the #1 blade separate and the hex started coming down...reasonably level. The #4 prop might have broken after the SOLID landing on pavement though. Either way...no damage (I think) other than the two shed blades...he was using 8" DJI props...not the 10" ones. Hmmmmm.....

And lastly...UAVProducts finally got their F450 and F550 frames in stock (at the reduced prices). I quickly ordered one of each. I want to try the F550 with my XAircraft controller...which isn't doing real well on my non-symmetric spider hex frame.

And really lastly...I FINALLY worked up the cahones to do a flip...on purpose. I was using my F330 frame and a CC controller. All this time of being scared to try it...wasn't bad at all. They were slow though...need to bump up the control speed on my CC board...real easy to do unlike the Naza board. Heck, on my last flip I pulled my throttle down a little to far and the motors stopped...while the quad was inverted. YIKES...Powered up and it righted with no problem. Now to start getting some practice in on the quadrobatics!!!! That little F330 should make a great little sports frame...which is exactly what I bought it for.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member