SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 05, 2012, 11:26 AM
Registered User
bendicks's Avatar
USA, CA, Pollock Pines
Joined Jan 2011
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GazaChinee View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu2r420ZHeE

quadcopter fpv with the dji naza...very stable controller
Nice vid, getting ready to try my 2nd attempt at FPV if the wind dies down.

-Don
bendicks is offline Find More Posts by bendicks
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2012, 11:29 AM
KK4NOP
Mike Freas's Avatar
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seinb View Post
go to device manager look down the tree you will see a usb with a ? or ! if windows did not install its own driver click that then use the update driver option then use the manual driver option the brows to ware usb driver download is and hit ok should work fine. i did not even tell mine if it was 32 or 64 just pointed to desktop and windows does the rest. also a 64 bit processor could be running on windows 86x not 64x so check your version of windows.
This is getting more complicated by the minute.... I have windows running on a Mac. Not sure what version of windows 7 I have.
Mike Freas is online now Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 11:54 AM
I can fly it
seinb's Avatar
United States, ID, Richfield
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
This is getting more complicated by the minute.... I have windows running on a Mac. Not sure what version of windows 7 I have.
sent you a pm i am well versed in mac and windows and windows on mac either in a vm or on bootcamp
seinb is offline Find More Posts by seinb
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 12:03 PM
I can fly it
seinb's Avatar
United States, ID, Richfield
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
if you r not holding altitude to well you need to turn up or down the gain on the vertical gain ?
seinb is offline Find More Posts by seinb
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 12:14 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seinb View Post
if you r not holding altitude to well you need to turn up or down the gain on the vertical gain ?
Turn up the altitude hold gain if it's 'weak' on holding. If you turn it up to high it'll (likely) start oscilating up and down real quick...kinda like wobbling/twitching if the basic gains are to high.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2012, 12:19 PM
I can fly it
seinb's Avatar
United States, ID, Richfield
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Turn up the altitude hold gain if it's 'weak' on holding. If you turn it up to high it'll (likely) start oscilating up and down real quick...kinda like wobbling/twitching if the basic gains are to high.
there is no altitude hold gain in the gui only yaw pitch roll vertical , and pitch and roll in attitude mode am i missing something in the gui looked at all pages
seinb is offline Find More Posts by seinb
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 01:15 PM
KK4NOP
Mike Freas's Avatar
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seinb View Post
sent you a pm i am well versed in mac and windows and windows on mac either in a vm or on bootcamp
Got it. Thanks so much for the offer. Really helps a newbie like me. Shot you a reply.
Mike Freas is online now Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 02:16 PM
I can fly it
seinb's Avatar
United States, ID, Richfield
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
Got it. Thanks so much for the offer. Really helps a newbie like me. Shot you a reply.
no problem
seinb is offline Find More Posts by seinb
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 03:05 PM
Just a yard bird
kd4wen's Avatar
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Well I see that DJI has released new firmware for the WKM. Any word on a updated Naza firmware ?
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 03:10 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seinb View Post
there is no altitude hold gain in the gui only yaw pitch roll vertical , and pitch and roll in attitude mode am i missing something in the gui looked at all pages
Ah...sorry...wrong use of words...so much for my memory. Under the Autopilot settings, in Basic gains, there's an adjustment for 'Vertical'. This is your altitude hold gain.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2012, 03:17 PM
I can fly it
seinb's Avatar
United States, ID, Richfield
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Ah...sorry...wrong use of words...so much for my memory. Under the Autopilot settings, in Basic gains, there's an adjustment for 'Vertical'. This is your altitude hold gain.
ok thats what i thought but figured id make sure. now if i could get the damn wind to stop
seinb is offline Find More Posts by seinb
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 03:18 PM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seinb View Post
ok thats what i thought but figured id make sure. now if i could get the damn wind to stop
When you figure that one out, let me in on the trick...
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 03:23 PM
I can fly it
seinb's Avatar
United States, ID, Richfield
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
When you figure that one out, let me in on the trick...
is it bad down in utah now I'm about a constant 20 mph up here now and 30 mph gusts. this weekend is supposed to be nice fingers crossed
seinb is offline Find More Posts by seinb
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 03:27 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seinb View Post
ok thats what i thought but figured id make sure. now if i could get the damn wind to stop
Don't worry. The wind WILL stop...when you're at work and can't take off to go flying. I think the weather gods have something against weekend flying sessions. To windy to go flying here too!!!!
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2012, 03:35 PM
I can fly it
seinb's Avatar
United States, ID, Richfield
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Don't worry. The wind WILL stop...when you're at work and can't take off to go flying. I think the weather gods have something against weekend flying sessions. To windy to go flying here too!!!!
this is how the wind gods treat me
no wind i grab the msrx step out front door spin her up take off 10 sec wind its unbelievable .
seinb is offline Find More Posts by seinb
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI WooKong-M Autopilot System for multirotors **Owners Thread** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Electronics 20005 Today 04:16 AM
New Product MultiWiiCopter "MiniWii" FC - Cheap, small 6DOF FC JussiH Multirotor Talk 707 Jan 01, 2013 08:54 AM
Discussion DJI Innovation helicopter autopilot XP.3.1 for European customers JoelT Aerial Photography 2 Sep 24, 2009 11:43 AM
New Product United Hobbies FC 28-05 & FC 28-22 brushless outrunners $5.95 ea. JawaSnack Hot Online Deals 9 Jul 17, 2007 10:31 AM
Futaba FC-18 teacher to FC-16 pupil problem . jmquetin Radios 5 Nov 02, 2004 06:48 AM