Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:18 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isojed View Post
Sorry, it does not.

Edit:
Hmm, below an vid which has imperial units.
Perhaps the v1.2 let you choose between metric and imperial.
But i can not confirm this as i have v1.0.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jOIF6wEzFwY
I just found a manual for the Cyclops Easy OSD on cnchelicopter and is says it does both Imperial and Metric.
" 1.Hold the button for 3 seconds to switch imperial and metric mode. The main board keeps the mode setting from last time "
mode setting from last time."
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:25 PM
Netherlands, ZH, Ridderkerk
Joined Aug 2010
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
I just found a manual for the Cyclops Easy OSD on cnchelicopter and is says it does both Imperial and Metric.
" 1.Hold the button for 3 seconds to switch imperial and metric mode. The main board keeps the mode setting from last time "
Yes indeed, foxtech has more info and vid.
isojed is offline Find More Posts by isojed
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:25 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,869 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, I think I'm going to get an OSD, looking into the Dragon.
I saw your video didn't have a plane marker or home arrow. The Dragon does have this available on screen doesn't it?
Yes, the DOSD does have a plane marker...it has seven or eight different displays for direction and way home. With most OSD using just GPS data you're heading pointer needs to have forward movement to be accurate. I can hover in one spot and do 360s without the direction arrow moving. For a direction indicator, when not moving, you'd likely need a magnetic sensor...which can be added to the DOSD, but they're not cheap.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:30 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,869 Posts
Quote:
It's all according to what version Easy OSD you get. The original ones did metric only (I had one of these and sold it...luckily to someone in europe who could make use of the metric). I do believe the new ones change measurement as you describe. My Easy OSD was a larger board and required some room to mount it. I did have it on a quadcopter, but just didn't like it very much...I think I got spoiled by my Dragon OSDs...which I absolutely LOVE. FWIW, DOSD is working on firmware that will allow waypoint and RTH capability for multirotors. I don't know how far in development it is, but they mentioned they were working on it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Mar 2008
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
It's all according to what version Easy OSD you get. The original ones did metric only (I had one of these and sold it...luckily to someone in europe who could make use of the metric). I do believe the new ones change measurement as you describe. My Easy OSD was a larger board and required some room to mount it. I did have it on a quadcopter, but just didn't like it very much...I think I got spoiled by my Dragon OSDs...which I absolutely LOVE. FWIW, DOSD is working on firmware that will allow waypoint and RTH capability for multirotors. I don't know how far in development it is, but they mentioned they were working on it.
Ohhh, RTH on a multirotor, how cool would that be.
I wouldn't need the Wookong for that would I, my NAZA should work.
Would it be from the OSD GPS home coordinates that it work work from ?
I think that alone would be worth the extra $100 for me to be safe.
It would be pretty awesome to lose video and hit a switch and a few minutes later my F550 would come cruising up to me. maybe that's wishful thinking.
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Old Apr 09, 2012, 05:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Ok who was flying their NAZA in South Korea today?http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...174017145.html
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:54 PM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,438 Posts
Can the naza fly a Y4 setup? Has anyone done a Y4 with the naza
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:59 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Can the naza fly a Y4 setup? Has anyone done a Y4 with the naza
No...I don't believe so. It can do quad, hex, and Y6 for now. A shame...can't even do a simple, basic tricopter. Even a $20 KK board does that. Hopefully they'll add more configurations in the future.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:02 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,305 Posts
ok need some help...i went to go fly my quad today and after about 5 seconds in the air the low battery light came on and my quad came right back down...

I know for a fact that my batteries were fully charged....i was running 2 3s 2200 mah batteries in parallel....they have worked before, but for some reason it wont fly with them now...i can fly my 3s 4200 mah battery by itself or with one of the 2200 mah just fine and i get about 10 minutes which is cool...

right now the low battery settings in the assistant are set to stock settings....can anyone suggest different settings here that might help me out?? or maybe tell me whats going on??
thanks
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:07 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
ok need some help...i went to go fly my quad today and after about 5 seconds in the air the low battery light came on and my quad came right back down...

I know for a fact that my batteries were fully charged....i was running 2 3s 2200 mah batteries in parallel....they have worked before, but for some reason it wont fly with them now...i can fly my 3s 4200 mah battery by itself or with one of the 2200 mah just fine and i get about 10 minutes which is cool...

right now the low battery settings in the assistant are set to stock settings....can anyone suggest different settings here that might help me out?? or maybe tell me whats going on??
thanks
Hook up a watt-meter to see what your battery voltage is doing under load. You could have a bad pack that charges, but dumps once on a load...I've had several packs do that. If you can use a single 4000mAh pack okay then I'd suspect your other batteries have an issue vs the Naza having the issue.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:08 PM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,438 Posts
Quote:
No...I don't believe so. It can do quad, hex, and Y6 for now. A shame...can't even do a simple, basic tricopter. Even a $20 KK board does that. Hopefully they'll add more configurations in the future.
Yeah that's dumb it can't! I really want a naza to fly a tricopter.
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:09 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,113 Posts
Are you charging them in tandem? It may be possible that you have one weak cell and it only takes one under load to cause the low battery alarm to kick in.

I use 3.3v per cell as my second cut off.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:19 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Hook up a watt-meter to see what your battery voltage is doing under load. You could have a bad pack that charges, but dumps once on a load...I've had several packs do that. If you can use a single 4000mAh pack okay then I'd suspect your other batteries have an issue vs the Naza having the issue.
thats what im thinking....the batteries just my be bad....they are older so that could be it....dont have a watt meter so cant do that;;;
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:21 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Are you charging them in tandem? It may be possible that you have one weak cell and it only takes one under load to cause the low battery alarm to kick in.

I use 3.3v per cell as my second cut off.
Hey Ed...no im charging them individually and my charger is supposed to balance as it charges....

Could you maybe post your battery settings? id like to maybe try setting it to the lowest it can go without damaging the cells but giving me as much time in the air too...

Edit: I have one of the batteries on the charger now and all the cells show equal voltage...is it possible that one cells could still be bad?
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:26 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
...dont have a watt meter so cant do that;;;
Shame on you. A watt-meter is a mandatory item for electric power...else you're just guessing at what the system is doing. On your next order from anywhere, add a watt-meter to the purchase.
RCG Plus Member