HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:46 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
With the Ground Station you can control the WKM independent of the RC transmitter. It makes sense to have a computer/controller in one package rather than a computer and joystick combo. Interesting concept, but will it work with FC's other than DJI or it is a one trick pony?
draganflyer x6 been running like that a year or so now. fancy radios
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:55 PM
United States, MD, Frederick
Joined Aug 2010
394 Posts
I got my kit assmbled this evening, and during some initial testing, I noticed something. I usually leave the bells-and-whistles off, so I left the motor stop function on "immediate".

Now, you still have to do the arm/disarm even while in this setting. But, if you go below 10% throttle, the motors disarm, and you have to re-arm, but it is definitely not immediate.

In other words, in the "immediate" setting, < 10% throttle = inanimate rock

Kinda sketchy like that, so I switched it to "intelligent" Now of course, you shouldnt be below 10%, but make a mistake and hit that threshold, theres not much time to fix it.
kauaicuda is offline Find More Posts by kauaicuda
Old Dec 21, 2011, 02:05 AM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,817 Posts
I posted this on Tahoe Ed's kit build thread but its been a while since anyone has posted there. My wife's returning from skiing tomorrow night so I have one more day to play and I'd like to get the NAZA on my new hex in the air tomorrow and need help.

In my first attempt with the software assistant I had an error message for no serial number. I checked the channels on the Rx and started the procedure over, this time it went through the start up sequence with the LED [that's one bright LED], but at the end of the sequence it was flashing yellow even though I had a green light on the Rx, so I went ahead and plugged in the USB, the LED stopped flashing, went green and I launched the assistant.

This time the Tx calibrated fine and the mode switch worked but after I cycled the power without the USB I still get the flashing yellow.

I still haven't figured out how to set the CSC or get it to arm.

Any help?
Av8Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Av8Chuck
Old Dec 21, 2011, 02:06 AM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaicuda View Post
I got my kit assmbled this evening, and during some initial testing, I noticed something. I usually leave the bells-and-whistles off, so I left the motor stop function on "immediate".

Now, you still have to do the arm/disarm even while in this setting. But, if you go below 10% throttle, the motors disarm, and you have to re-arm, but it is definitely not immediate.

In other words, in the "immediate" setting, < 10% throttle = inanimate rock

Kinda sketchy like that, so I switched it to "intelligent" Now of course, you shouldnt be below 10%, but make a mistake and hit that threshold, theres not much time to fix it.
I've got info from other forum that DJI is looking into this. Hope they can solve this issue soon.
Shoryuken is offline Find More Posts by Shoryuken
Old Dec 21, 2011, 02:10 AM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8Chuck View Post
I posted this on Tahoe Ed's kit build thread but its been a while since anyone has posted there. My wife's returning from skiing tomorrow night so I have one more day to play and I'd like to get the NAZA on my new hex in the air tomorrow and need help.

In my first attempt with the software assistant I had an error message for no serial number. I checked the channels on the Rx and started the procedure over, this time it went through the start up sequence with the LED [that's one bright LED], but at the end of the sequence it was flashing yellow even though I had a green light on the Rx, so I went ahead and plugged in the USB, the LED stopped flashing, went green and I launched the assistant.

This time the Tx calibrated fine and the mode switch worked but after I cycled the power without the USB I still get the flashing yellow.

I still haven't figured out how to set the CSC or get it to arm.

Any help?
The LED flashing seems correct. Were you in ATTI mode when it's flashing yellow?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 02:22 AM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoryuken View Post
The LED flashing seems correct. Were you in ATTI mode when it's flashing yellow?
BTW, if the yellow LED flashes quickly, you might be in fail safe. Connect to the software to check it out.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 02:47 AM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,817 Posts
Bingo! I did not have the end points set correctly in channel five so the NAZA though the Rx was in fail safe. Once that was corrected everything else seemed to work as expected.

Thanks for the input, I'm sure I'll need more in the near future.
Av8Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Av8Chuck
Old Dec 21, 2011, 03:25 AM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
838 Posts
could someone tell me how to program the Turnigy 18 PLUSH , with the turnigy programming card, to work with NAZA?
also i will use them in a hexa as i said before.. and with a 4s battery is there gonna be any problem?
And Last question will the FrSky D4FR 4CH work with ppm out with naza ? and get 8channels out?
excuse me for my ignorance.
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Last edited by Nettraptor; Dec 21, 2011 at 03:47 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 03:44 AM
Joined Feb 2010
38 Posts
Hello everybody,
My question is look silly but I have to ask before I connect my ESCs to NAZA mc. In NAZA manuel page 7, there is a recommendation for cutting the red wire in ESCs signal cable (- + S) for the ESCs with built-in BEC. What is your ideas about this detail for NAZA ?
arrior is offline Find More Posts by arrior
Old Dec 21, 2011, 05:32 AM
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Oct 2011
898 Posts
I think you should use the pmu and cut the red wires of the escs, in the wk-m thread there were people having problems with overheating escs because the draw of the imu.

I bought the naza too, but I have a question, I pm'd sydneyw and emailed to dji but got no answer.

On the third naza test video, they throw the f450 quadrocopter with the naza fc on it vertically and the copter levels itself.

Did anyone tried this? I thought the naza would shut the motors off in ATTI mode when the copter gets more angle then 70degrees(caused by a crash or motor/prop fail etc.). If so how does the copter levels itself on the video, did it the pilot level the copter in manual mode?
deno6031 is offline Find More Posts by deno6031
Old Dec 21, 2011, 05:43 AM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
925 Posts
If you buy the naza kit that comes with the 30A OPTO ESC, you should be fine not "cutting" the red cable from each ESC.
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt
Old Dec 21, 2011, 06:01 AM
Joined Dec 2011
125 Posts
So when im using it in the gaui 500x i need to cut the old esc's red wires?
ThomB is offline Find More Posts by ThomB
Old Dec 21, 2011, 06:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc9n View Post
could someone tell me how to program the Turnigy 18 PLUSH , with the turnigy programming card, to work with NAZA?
also i will use them in a hexa as i said before.. and with a 4s battery is there gonna be any problem?
And Last question will the FrSky D4FR 4CH work with ppm out with naza ? and get 8channels out?
excuse me for my ignorance.
Usual multicopter settings for Plush: nimh, low cutoff, startup of your choice, med/high timing, governor off.

No, PPM is not implemented though I heard they're doing it, with eta unknown. Until then you can't use PPM receiver.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 21, 2011, 06:19 AM
United Kingdom
Joined May 2010
40 Posts
Ive just got this kit today, dont see any build instructions or drivers.
jsa2001 is offline Find More Posts by jsa2001
Old Dec 21, 2011, 06:19 AM
Name : Emrah TEZER
Bodrum-TURKEY
Joined Feb 2008
117 Posts
What about for reguler ESCs w/ BEC such as Turnigy 30A Plush ?
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmt View Post
If you buy the naza kit that comes with the 30A OPTO ESC, you should be fine not "cutting" the red cable from each ESC.
emo23 is offline Find More Posts by emo23