HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2011, 01:42 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
7,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneBuilder View Post
I must admit that I am looking forward to the release of this Naza board, and to comparing it to the OP-CC. I'm thinking that if this board lives up to the videos that it will be the most appropriate FPV board available. That is, since it has alt hold and since it appears to be pretty doggone stable it will be great for those of us learning FPV!

I gotta also admit that, just like TimeCop, I sure wish DJI would implement the option to use a PPM Sum controller on this puppy!! I'm a bit baffled as to why that doesn't happen, but I'm certainly not upset about it.

Maybe a good compromise would be to include three 'female to female' short servo extension wires with every purchase so that connecting my RX won't be an exercise in digging through the parts drawer(s)!!
Ken:

It looks like from this picture it can. M1-6, F1 and F2. I understand the LED but what is the EXP? It has 4 connections.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Photogrammetry Solution
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2011, 01:56 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
My question, is it capable of controlling a 2 axis camera gimbal? If it does I'll swap the WKM on my quad for one and put the WKM on my Droidworx frame.

If it's just another sport flying controller that has auto level, I have plenty of those and don't need another one.
DJI PLEASE confirm if it has camera stabilization or not.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2011, 01:57 PM
Michigan
Joined Dec 2008
2,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneBuilder View Post
I must admit that I am looking forward to the release of this Naza board, and to comparing it to the OP-CC. I'm thinking that if this board lives up to the videos that it will be the most appropriate FPV board available. That is, since it has alt hold and since it appears to be pretty doggone stable it will be great for those of us learning FPV!

I gotta also admit that, just like TimeCop, I sure wish DJI would implement the option to use a PPM Sum controller on this puppy!! I'm a bit baffled as to why that doesn't happen, but I'm certainly not upset about it.

Maybe a good compromise would be to include three 'female to female' short servo extension wires with every purchase so that connecting my RX won't be an exercise in digging through the parts drawer(s)!!

I two am one that wish they would add PPM i hate having wires running all over the place and PPM solves that Tom
tom6696950 is offline Find More Posts by tom6696950
Old Nov 13, 2011, 01:58 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,762 Posts
this flight controllers is aim for all fpv so stabilization is a necessary!
titeuf007 is offline Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Nov 13, 2011, 02:00 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007 View Post
this flight controllers is aim for all fpv so stabilization is a necessary!
If you are talking about camera stabilization you would never use that for FPV as it would be alot harder to fly.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2011, 02:04 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
doubt it will have cam stab, otherwise looks like you spent $900 just for a gps module and be almost same as its bigger brother?
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 13, 2011, 02:12 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
7,930 Posts
But when you look at it; no CAM bus, I am not sure what the EXP four lead out is for (expansion??), I don't think that the data link with View and WayPoints will be available for this board.

Here is what Sydney posted in the beginning:

"Since Ed started a new thread, I will add what I know. Naza is a brand new core, development began late last year. All in one design, unlike WKM using separate controller and IMU. It is NOT WKM-Lite. It will promise to be priced straightly for hobby segment, fun and sport type flying and light AP work. When DJI dealers are fully informed, I will post more product detail.

Features:
S-Bus support
Dual flight modes – manual and ATTI
Self leveling and Altitude hold
LED multi function indicator
USB interface
2A Power Module? (Looks like this feature did not make the cut.)
Assistant Software
Firmware upgradable"

If it is for "Light AP work" then I would think that it would have gimbal stabilization. I guess we will have to wait until DJI confirms or denies.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Tahoe Ed; Nov 13, 2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 02:44 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,762 Posts
nowadays stabilization is a "standart" option!!
i don t think that dji doesn t create the code for the naja...because lots of users will go out to an another units...
titeuf007 is offline Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Nov 13, 2011, 02:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007 View Post
nowadays stabilization is a "standart" option!!
i don t think that dji doesn t create the code for the naja...because lots of users will go out to an another units...
we are talking camera stab tho, no need for it on sport fly & fpv etc..
Old Nov 13, 2011, 05:16 PM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,539 Posts
I couldn't imagine trying to fly FPV with camera stabilization. Has anyone tried it and is it even possible? Maybe with an OSD with artificial horizon it might just be possible
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old Nov 13, 2011, 05:22 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,368 Posts
NAZA Expansion??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
But when you look at it; no CAM bus, I am not sure what the EXP four lead out is for (expansion??), I don't think that the data link with View and WayPoints will be available for this board.

Here is what Sydney posted in the beginning:

"Since Ed started a new thread, I will add what I know. Naza is a brand new core, development began late last year. All in one design, unlike WKM using separate controller and IMU. It is NOT WKM-Lite. It will promise to be priced straightly for hobby segment, fun and sport type flying and light AP work. When DJI dealers are fully informed, I will post more product detail.

Features:
S-Bus support
Dual flight modes – manual and ATTI
Self leveling and Altitude hold
LED multi function indicator
USB interface
2A Power Module? (Looks like this feature did not make the cut.)
Assistant Software
Firmware upgradable"

If it is for "Light AP work" then I would think that it would have gimbal stabilization. I guess we will have to wait until DJI confirms or denies.
As in our DJI News Letter this was stated " NAZA will have firmware update and upgrade for future expansion. "
Hope that helps your Questions.
Cheers, John W.
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2011, 05:28 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,368 Posts
XAircraft Has Camera Stabilization for the total price of $329.00 USD.
It would be sweet if the NAZA could do this for $220.00.
If not maybe as an Upgrade??
If it Doesn't It won't be a deal breaker for me personally. I would be very happy with the way it works in DJI's First Video.
Very Nice!
-John W.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by johnIn2SonAZ; Nov 13, 2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 05:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove View Post
I couldn't imagine trying to fly FPV with camera stabilization. Has anyone tried it and is it even possible? Maybe with an OSD with artificial horizon it might just be possible
yes dennis tried but fail, think about it this way your driving a car through a 12" windows
Last edited by Quad_Addict; Nov 13, 2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 06:56 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,845 Posts
I don't think Naza will have camera Stabilization for the $220 price tag. Its more catered to the sport demographic.

Move up to the WKM if you need something for AP/AV.

That's my 2 cents.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2011, 07:35 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,368 Posts
thanks for your Input Robert.
-John W.
Site Sponsor