SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 19, 2011, 03:06 PM
United States, WA, Lyle
Joined Nov 2011
393 Posts
To the group, I am a newbee to quads and am flying a Gaui 500x out of the box. I am not happy with the Gaui 344 F/C and would like to try the DJI Naza. Does anyone know if this could replace the Gaui 344 without a lot of re-configuring? Thanks for any input.
rpmlog09 is offline Find More Posts by rpmlog09
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LI-PO How and why
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2011, 03:18 PM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,817 Posts
Sorry, I can't answer your question, but I'm curious what you don't like about the GU344?

Like a lot of people the Gaui 330X was my first quad, and although it might not be considered to be as stable as the Wii, CC or DJI boards its a great controller to learn to fly. You can't hurt it, you have to fly it from the moment it leaves the ground until you touch down.

A lot of beginner pilots rely to much on attitude mode to learn to fly, if you can fly the GU344 you can fly just about every other controller in rate and you'll be much better prepared to figure out how to tune more capable boards to your liking.

I can't imagine why you couldn't just plug in the Naza as a replacement of the GU344. I'm sure someone who knows for sure will let you know.
Av8Chuck is online now Find More Posts by Av8Chuck
Old Dec 19, 2011, 03:24 PM
United States, WA, Lyle
Joined Nov 2011
393 Posts
Av8Chuck,
I am using this for the forestry dept. and for some timber co. and i find the its is not as stable as I would like. I do A/P and A/V and lay it over a topo map so I am looking for stability for this. I already fly a Micro Pilot system in a fixed wing which is a full auto pilot, but I need to get a little more detail in some areas.
rpmlog09 is offline Find More Posts by rpmlog09
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LI-PO How and why
Old Dec 19, 2011, 04:05 PM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,817 Posts
The NAZA will be a lot more stable than the GU344, although it has accelerometers and a barometer for attitude and altitude stabilization, the Wookong-M has more of the features you mentioned.

But it will interesting to see how well the NAZA works for you.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 04:27 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmlog09 View Post
To the group, I am a newbee to quads and am flying a Gaui 500x out of the box. I am not happy with the Gaui 344 F/C and would like to try the DJI Naza. Does anyone know if this could replace the Gaui 344 without a lot of re-configuring? Thanks for any input.
No the Gaui ESC's will not work with the Naza. I agree with AV8. I have the Wookong-M,KK,HoverFly Sport,OpenPilot CopterControl,GU-344,Had HoverFly Pro and soon a Naza and the GU-344 is great for beginners. Nothing wrong with having many multis and FC's as most do. The Naza is alot better IMHO than the GU-344 though.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 19, 2011, 04:31 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjarois View Post
hello fellas....just got my naza prince flamewheel kit. i have to report that the kit fits together perfectlly. the attentetion to detail is superb, down to the screws, as ther like little shoulder bolts......no threads to dig into the frame material. i an getting ready to solder this thing up. the way the speedos are installed looks great!!! also i ordered from robert @ djiusa, and i cannot believe the fast "2 day" shipping and the double box package. peace, randy.
How much was shipping? We need to get a complete kit for a guy I am building 1 for. Tried to check his site but looks like you have to checkout to get the shipping price. Thought maybe shipping was free
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 19, 2011, 05:44 PM
Joined Dec 2011
125 Posts
I have a gaui 500x too with the scorpion motors, i now would like to get a FC with some more options. Ive seen the fy91 and now this new naza. I like the gimbal function on the naza, will this work with a 6 channel? And when i choose the naza what esc's do i need to choose?
ThomB is offline Find More Posts by ThomB
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:26 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,162 Posts
I just received my F450 kit, and I can say that there is no way in Hades that these arms are going to flex, They are even heftier than the XA arms used on the X50 Pro and the new Hexa.
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:29 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
I just received my F450 kit, and I can say that there is no way in Hades that these arms are going to flex, They are even heftier than the XA arms used on the X50 Pro and the new Hexa.
I keep seeing people say the word "flex" not sure maybe i missed someone else claiming that. the issues that bunch of us discovered with the "white/black" version frames were the ability to twist the arms and having vibration, this claim was given by myself,timecop,warthox,simon jardine etc.. and few others, if the red/black frames dont "twist" or "vibrate" that is pretty awesome and ill buy one...
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:46 PM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,817 Posts
QA are you getting a Naza?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8Chuck View Post
QA are you getting a Naza?
ye i think so or just the whole kit, seems to be doing well with people.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:12 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,082 Posts
Naza on the way for the UAV frame, will be nice to compare to the big dog with the WK-M I'm finishing for a customer.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Dec 19, 2011, 08:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Naza on the way for the UAV frame, will be nice to compare to the big dog with the WK-M I'm finishing for a customer.
nice Andy I thought about putting it in my 100% carbon fiber mini dex frame
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:24 AM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Somethings not quite right with that picture, kind of a forced perspective thing going on.

I realize that might be a "BIG" multirotor, but look how tiny the GoPro looks. It looks like you could fly a iMax camera...
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:27 AM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
I keep seeing people say the word "flex" not sure maybe i missed someone else claiming that. the issues that bunch of us discovered with the "white/black" version frames were the ability to twist the arms and having vibration, this claim was given by myself,timecop,warthox,simon jardine etc.. and few others, if the red/black frames dont "twist" or "vibrate" that is pretty awesome and ill buy one...
I have both. They are using the same material but different color. I have to twist hard enough to make it ''flex''.Don't see the vibrate has anything to do with the frame. Anybody else has both versions of the frames?
Shoryuken is offline Find More Posts by Shoryuken