HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:24 PM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Are you using a Naza flight controller? If not, you might be better served by posting on the Witespy thread.
Pretty sure Witespy has switched to the NAZA controllers now.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:25 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,696 Posts
Don, nice video of a scenic location. Not far from me, just down the hill. I am going to do some A/P this weekend up at the Lake.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:32 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
Pretty sure Witespy has switched to the NAZA controllers now.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Thanks, Bill. He was always a big supporter of the MultiWii platform. I guess I missed the change to Naza.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:38 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls2.350z View Post
I had a question I just purchase one of the witespy quads and IV been flying it around and I wanted to know how to get it to auto stabilize is it one of the switches? I have the dx6 TX .
Have you set up your Naza using the Assistant software? You can assign a two position switch to move between Manual and ATTI, usually your gear switch. What receiver are you using?
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined Feb 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Are you using a Naza flight controller? If not, you might be better served by posting on the Witespy thread.
Yes naza witespy quad and dx6 TX. Sowhat do I do to stabilize it? Is it one of the switches I see that one does auto land.
Ls2.350z is offline Find More Posts by Ls2.350z
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:23 PM
Joined Feb 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Have you set up your Naza using the Assistant software? You can assign a two position switch to move between Manual and ATTI, usually your gear switch. What receiver are you using?
I purchased it rtf and its the dx6 TX.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:48 PM
Riverside, Ca
Joined Oct 2006
341 Posts
Here's a few pics of my quad that started out as a 1000mm MTM. I have a gaui 500 that I have the gopro on but wanted to custom build a bigger one to lift a DSLR camera. I ended up cutting it down so now it is a 770mm MTM. It was sluggish as a 1000.I have fine tuned the gains to my liking. Going to try her out at the field tomorrow morning...can't wait
johnnycat500 is offline Find More Posts by johnnycat500
Last edited by johnnycat500; Feb 17, 2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:56 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,224 Posts
Quote:
You're probably better off asking Witespy. Unless someones bought one of his setups the folks here don't know how he configured the transmitter. He's likely set up a 2-way switch...or perhaps a 3-way if the Dx6i has a 3-way. He set it up so he's the one that can best answer.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:19 PM
Joined Feb 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
You're probably better off asking Witespy. Unless someones bought one of his setups the folks here don't know how he configured the transmitter. He's likely set up a 2-way switch...or perhaps a 3-way if the Dx6i has a 3-way. He set it up so he's the one that can best answer.
ok thanks ill give him a call tomorrow!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:22 PM
USA, CA, Pollock Pines
Joined Jan 2011
158 Posts
Quote:
Don, nice video of a scenic location. Not far from me, just down the hill. I am going to do some A/P this weekend up at the Lake.
Thanks Ed...I work down there but actually just 40+ miles west of Tahoe over in Pollock Pines. I am either headed up to Loon lake or back over to Hope Valley/Kirkwood area tomorrow, was over there last weekend, light snow, no wind.

-Don
bendicks is offline Find More Posts by bendicks
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:34 PM
living the dream
United States, NJ
Joined Apr 2011
369 Posts
Quote:
should be set to go into ATTI by means of the "gear" switch. Check Naza assistant to see if the gear switch moves from M to A on each side of failsafe. Also - the VU should blink orange slowly when ATTI is engaged
scphoto is offline Find More Posts by scphoto
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:20 AM
Joined Feb 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Here is the Quad i have (for all the info on what it came with) http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/qua...ames-only.html

when i was flying it today i hit the gear switch and didnt notice anything i know that one of them on the top right did my auto land. how hard is it to set up the position switch if i have to do it?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:51 AM
where things come alive!
United States, NJ
Joined May 2011
460 Posts
Quote:
Im sure your mode switch is on the gear channel ....

FrankenQuad is offline Find More Posts by FrankenQuad
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:44 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Italy, Sardegna
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
Hello all,

i'm having some problems with my new F330 with NAZA...
i just built it as normal all by default Kit but ESC that are HobbyWing Skywalker 20A, i made all the things :

1) Calibration ESC one by one with all 3 wires plugged in the connector,
then unplugged the red wire due to the ESC have the BEC built-in
2) Upgraded Assistant Software to the last release
3) Upgraded the Naza with the last Firmware
4) Calibration of the Transmitter, i have Futaba T8fg and i reversed 2 ch as normal.
5) Tested all the channels in the TxCali and all works fine
6) Assigned FailSafe to a 3 switch channel, up MANIUAL - middle FAILSAFE - down ATTI
7) Tested FailSafe and other with LED and all works,
switch down ATTI mode - Slow yellow LED
switch middle FAILSAFE mode - fast yellow LED
switch up MANUAL mode - no LED

All work in the config, BUT when i unplug the usb and plug the battery to start the motors i have a persistant BEEP like the video and it never stop to BEEPS until i unplug the Lipo 3S 2200..

Any suggestions? What i can do to solve the problem and start the motors?

Please Help!!

This is the video

http://youtu.be/qCVDDa4whtE

and this with the Config

http://youtu.be/gaonOc6rp_Y
Brombo is offline Find More Posts by Brombo
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:51 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brombo View Post
All work in the config, BUT when i unplug the usb and plug the battery to start the motors i have a persistant BEEP like the video and it never stop to BEEPS until i unplug the Lipo 3S 2200..
This might be silly but, power Naza first before the ESCs. Apparently DJI still hasn't figured out what "1000us" means in LPC clock cycles.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)