HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:35 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
if i only had a dollar how many times in a day in your posts you address this
That's because I think the arming method is an issue. I can work around it, but that doesn't mean I will ever like it. I think the Naza has some growing pains to go through still. I'm hoping DJI address some of the issues the users have brought up and improves the firmware. I'm going to retry the gain settings as others described to me earlier.

Personally, I'm on the fence with the Naza. The altitude hold (when stationary) is very impressive. I seem to end up loosing altitude while in forward flight though. If I stop the forward flight it'll hold again. Not a biggy, but noticeable. I'm really tettering on selling my Naza and sticking with my CC boards. I'm not there yet, but I'm not far away from that step either.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:38 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,406 Posts
Hey Van, You also may want to try that free flight board. it doesn't have hight hold, but the acc on it works really well, Personally, I think if naza kept its hight hold. and incorperated the acc of the Free flight and the programability of the CC board it would be pretty much the perfect board.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:17 AM
Registered User
BrundleFly's Avatar
Joined Apr 2011
106 Posts
I have just now tested indoors, first with the MC mounted on clear 3M silicone tape and again with MC mounted on the very slim 'foam' tape provided with the Naza kit. Haven't adjust any gains, but I think it was a shade more stable with the silicone. Thought I'd try it when I saw ideas about the MC being designed for hard-mounting, as am trying to take severe jello out of gopro video (no gimbal as yet, also hard-mounted both in-plane front and underslung).

I don't think this is the answer. Will do an outdoor test, but think will be going back to the 3M gooey tape. Perhaps the Graupner props will help when they arrive. The stock DJI motors are a tad buzzy, I dare say, the little zip-tie method has little effect on them. What's a good upgrade motor to bang on the 450 frame, swinging 10x5 props?
BrundleFly is offline Find More Posts by BrundleFly
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:36 AM
Your attitude is your alt
Gary Morris's Avatar
Nashville Metro, Tennesse, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,644 Posts
Is she flying Yet???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
Mine should smell like a dirty locker room I am using a cut strip of one of my wore out Dr. Scholes boot pads


Just wondered if you have had it flying yet??

Gary
Gary Morris is offline Find More Posts by Gary Morris
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:56 AM
Just a yard bird
kd4wen's Avatar
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Morris View Post
Just wondered if you have had it flying yet??

Gary
Not what woulb be called flying. she has jumped to the air a few tims but just loves to do flips lol.Looks like I will have the time today to get down to Jasons shop though. Just talked with him a few ago about it.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:13 AM
Registered User
Sweden, Värmland County, Karlstad
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
FPV4EVER dealer says GPS will come to NAZA.
Source: http://fpv4ever.blogspot.com/2012/01...tot-dispo.html

DJI have also anounced that there will be some cool stuff on Global Toy Fair 1-6 Feb in Nurmburg, DE.
http://www.dji-innovations.com/en/ne...=news_20120119
Quote:
DJI invites you to visit our stand. During the fair, we will show some evolutionary new products, visitors will have the first chance to know more details. We will also offer you our products with attractive discount at the show.
johankall is offline Find More Posts by johankall
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:27 AM
Registered User
~>Miha<~'s Avatar
Joined Dec 2009
1,472 Posts
I wonder if that "evolutionary" (instead of r...) was intention or just a Freudian slip ;-)
Naza --> Naza+GPS = Evolution
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:35 AM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
That's because I think the arming method is an issue. I can work around it, but that doesn't mean I will ever like it. I think the Naza has some growing pains to go through still. I'm hoping DJI address some of the issues the users have brought up and improves the firmware. I'm going to retry the gain settings as others described to me earlier.

Personally, I'm on the fence with the Naza. The altitude hold (when stationary) is very impressive. I seem to end up loosing altitude while in forward flight though. If I stop the forward flight it'll hold again. Not a biggy, but noticeable. I'm really tettering on selling my Naza and sticking with my CC boards. I'm not there yet, but I'm not far away from that step either.
lol ok,,, and welcome to the world of height hold. nothing is perfect and naza uses the best sensor for it, they all lose height on ff nothing new there....
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:35 AM
Registered User
Brazil, São Paulo, Campinas
Joined Apr 2010
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johankall View Post
FPV4EVER dealer says GPS will come to NAZA.
Source: http://fpv4ever.blogspot.com/2012/01...tot-dispo.html
cooooool!
sabongi is offline Find More Posts by sabongi
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:06 AM
Registered User
DMala's Avatar
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2009
1,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
(..) I seem to end up loosing altitude while in forward flight though. If I stop the forward flight it'll hold again. Not a biggy, but noticeable. (...)
When you transform part of the lifting force into forward flight force (not a technical terminology, but clear I hope...), you have to crank up the throttle a bit to compensate the loss of lift. Depending on the rpm, blade type and pitch, motor, load, degree of accelleration etc. you may need more or less throttle to do so. Our thumbs learn how to do that eventually
DMala is offline Find More Posts by DMala
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:14 AM
Just a yard bird
kd4wen's Avatar
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMala View Post
When you transform part of the lifting force into forward flight force (not a technical terminology, but clear I hope...), you have to crank up the throttle a bit to compensate the loss of lift. Depending on the rpm, blade type and pitch, motor, load, degree of accelleration etc. you may need more or less throttle to do so. Our thumbs learn how to do that eventually
Well to be honest its not a true altitude hold if the board doesn't compensate for you I would think.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:16 AM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
Well to be honest its not a true altitude hold if the board doesn't compensate for you I would think.
nothing new, yes its true because it was designed to hold height in hover according to where it was activated. "TRUE BAROMETER" would hold height based on actual distance from ground up. would require more sensors to know altitude by measurment
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:17 AM
Just a yard bird
kd4wen's Avatar
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
Not what woulb be called flying. she has jumped to the air a few tims but just loves to do flips lol.Looks like I will have the time today to get down to Jasons shop though. Just talked with him a few ago about it.
Well I thought that I was gonna get the rig to Jason's shop. Well it is not happening today dog gone it duty calls. Got to turn around and head to Knoxville. And to think I was over half way there. Soon though soon.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:21 AM
Registered User
BayAreaCrasher's Avatar
Joined Feb 2011
1,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
That's because I think the arming method is an issue. I can work around it, but that doesn't mean I will ever like it. I think the Naza has some growing pains to go through still. I'm hoping DJI address some of the issues the users have brought up and improves the firmware. I'm going to retry the gain settings as others described to me earlier.

Personally, I'm on the fence with the Naza. The altitude hold (when stationary) is very impressive. I seem to end up loosing altitude while in forward flight though. If I stop the forward flight it'll hold again. Not a biggy, but noticeable. I'm really tettering on selling my Naza and sticking with my CC boards. I'm not there yet, but I'm not far away from that step either.

I'm on the same boat. I've put my CC back on my quad for now. I got a bit freaked out when flying FPV the other day and the NAZA would randomly pitch up violently. For nice slow flying it is awesome and the height hold is indeed truly impressive for the price. I'm going to wait for a new SW release or maybe sell it.
BayAreaCrasher is offline Find More Posts by BayAreaCrasher
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:23 AM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemaLife View Post
I'm on the same boat. I've put my CC back on my quad for now. I got a bit freaked out when flying FPV the other day and the NAZA would randomly pitch up violently. For nice slow flying it is awesome and the height hold is indeed truly impressive for the price. I'm going to wait for a new SW release or maybe sell it.
i guess bad luck, then again i haven't run all that extra weight and electronics on either of mine that never did anything like that
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI WooKong-M Autopilot System for multirotors **Owners Thread** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Electronics 20007 Oct 22, 2014 10:17 AM
New Product MultiWiiCopter "MiniWii" FC - Cheap, small 6DOF FC JussiH Multirotor Talk 707 Jan 01, 2013 08:54 AM
Discussion DJI Innovation helicopter autopilot XP.3.1 for European customers JoelT Aerial Photography 2 Sep 24, 2009 11:43 AM
New Product United Hobbies FC 28-05 & FC 28-22 brushless outrunners $5.95 ea. JawaSnack Hot Online Deals 9 Jul 17, 2007 10:31 AM
Futaba FC-18 teacher to FC-16 pupil problem . jmquetin Radios 5 Nov 02, 2004 06:48 AM