HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:43 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
Can someone explan these prop adapters to me.
just attached to the shaft and tightening down secure it
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMala View Post
...I am almost ripe to place an order for one....it would be my first multicopter, I fly FP and CP helis, I can solder connectors/wires, but I do not have the competence to assemble flight control units or do programming beyond basic menu-driven steps. I would like to do some aereal photography and maybe later on some FPV if I ever find the time to learn the basics. I am also looking for a machine with US-based technical support and some proven history regarding component reliability.
why would you spend more money on that when you can have a NAZA kit RTF with better quality motors and a indestructible frame...
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:48 PM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Anyone flown a Hexa setup with the Naza Setup, and how do you think it flys with the Hexa.
My Hex has a NAZA and when its not falling out of the sky it flies incredibly well.

I have not flown it nearly as much as my quad or Y6, both with a CC board, but my first impression is that this is about the best sub $500 controller available.

I have some footage just hovering around, not terribly exciting but I'l post it as soon as it finishes uploading.
Av8Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Av8Chuck
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8Chuck View Post
My Hex has a NAZA and when its not falling out of the sky it flies incredibly well.

I have not flown it nearly as much as my quad or Y6, both with a CC board, but my first impression is that this is about the best sub $500 controller available.

I have some footage just hovering around, not terribly exciting but I'l post it as soon as it finishes uploading.
which motors are yours chuck?

im thinking of doing a hexa with my naza as well
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:49 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,361 Posts
Av8Chuck- Thanks, I was looking at getting that XA hexa frame. and building it up with the NAZA.
tc3wins is offline Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Man, I picked the wrong day to go out and experiment with props and settings. Wind at 10mph, gusts 15-20. I went from my normal settings to default to 250/250/250/220/90/90 and everywhere in-between. When I get a chance I will edit some of the 40min of video to 3min. I will say that I was unimpressed with flying the 10x5 Graupners. Some of it was the conditions. I will have a better idea once I take a look at the video.
so the graupners not worth it ed? i thought everyone was swearing by them
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:03 PM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,800 Posts
Quote:
Av8Chuck- Thanks, I was looking at getting that XA hexa frame. and building it up with the NAZA.
Sorry I misunderstood, I don't know what an XA-Hexa frame is. I'm using Rusty's UAP-1 frame it is very configurable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
which motors are yours chuck?

im thinking of doing a hexa with my naza as well
The first set of motors where these: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18228

There was a little bit of jello in my GoPro footage so as part of my post crash repair I decided to replace these with the Avroto 2814's. The Turnigy's were 1000KV and seemed punchier at lift off, the Avroto's are very smooth and appear to be a lot more efficient, but that may not be the case, I only had two flights on the Turnigy's.

I have the Avroto's on my Y6 and that thing flies great, I'm really looking forward to the NAZA working on a Y6.
Av8Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Av8Chuck
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:06 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMala View Post
...I am almost ripe to place an order for one....it would be my first multicopter, I fly FP and CP helis, I can solder connectors/wires, but I do not have the competence to assemble flight control units or do programming beyond basic menu-driven steps. I would like to do some aereal photography and maybe later on some FPV if I ever find the time to learn the basics. I am also looking for a machine with US-based technical support and some proven history regarding component reliability.
You will love the HoverThings/ WiteSpy build and support.....I assure you of that!! I am a very happy customer!!
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:07 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,099 Posts
Quote:
why would you spend more money on that when you can have a NAZA kit RTF with better quality motors and a indestructible frame...
++1

Maybe he doesnt know about the Naza FW Quad.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:11 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,361 Posts
what do you guys think of the XA hexa setup from CNC heli. for the naza controller.

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...-carbon/Detail
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:17 PM
Total Newbie
Joined Dec 2011
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
Guess I have Spring on my mind. Can't wait to get down on the old farm in Georgia where the WOODBEES own every barn and shed with in miles for a few weeks. I think they are cool as hell. Here is a photo I caught of one while buzzing the back pourch there last spring.
Woodbees were cool for me until they ate up my WOOD screen door.
gadams999 is offline Find More Posts by gadams999
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:21 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:
what do you guys think of the XA hexa setup from CNC heli. for the naza controller.

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...-carbon/Detail
Geesh you really pushing for a divorce LOL
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:25 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,361 Posts
Naw. I wouldn't buy that exact one. i would gett he fiberglass one without the camera mount. also GLB has that setup for 341.00. that 600 dollar price tag is way too much to spend. just using as refrence.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post
You will love the HoverThings/ WiteSpy build and support.....I assure you of that!! I am a very happy customer!!
BUT seriously this thread is for support for ANYONE who bought naza no matter where, please do not turn it into a SELLING thread,

1 perfect good reason not to by from witespy quad is he is not a RCG Site Sponser
( ALL the other dealers are site sponsors)
Last edited by Quad_Addict; Jan 11, 2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:36 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:
besides why doesnt he sell the "NAZA kit" if he is a dealer??? is it because then it will be no more witespy quad?

BUT seriously this thread is for support for ANYONE who bought naza no matter where, please do not turn it into a SELLING thread,

1 perfect good reason not to by from witespy quad is he is not a RCG Site Sponser
( ALL the other dealers are site sponsors)
You do have a point. Tons of posts selling, and not even on his thread. Should be a site sponsor. I think this should be a Naza support thread not a Witespy For sale thread. Don't see the Rusty Frames or Frankenquad and some of the others posting on all the threads pushing sales.
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967