HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:25 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Got a chance today to fly some of my Quads. The weather was about perfect. I compaired my NAZA against my MK clone, and my Hoverfly sport. I will have to say The naza Hight hold is just slightly better then the MK clone and flying in acro mode the Hoverfly to me was much better. as for atti mode between the MK and the NAZA I would say it is about the same. neither had any drift, except the naza likes to yaw just a slight bit in either direction from time to time. I also tested the auto land from about 20 feet, and worked like a charm. I think with a better firmware update the naza will be a serious contender. Hey DJI fix the ESC thing!!!
yea and the mk clone are way different then my OEM MK v2.1 which flies absolutly perfect but have to say naza heigh hold better then my OEM mk v2.1 hold
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:38 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,092 Posts
you don't pay for waypoints with MK... you get every software option available... no paying extra for stupid stuff like seeing where it is on a map with a 500$ radio....

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
yea just like MK where u gotta pay for waypoints
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
you don't pay for waypoints with MK... you get every software option available... no paying extra for stupid stuff like seeing where it is on a map with a 500$ radio....

Steve
lol i was being sarcastic....
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:43 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,092 Posts
lmao... of course you were... what was I thinking you da quad addict!!!

hahaha.... hey you have skype going with naza yet?

I have mine working fine (I think you need to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic to not get this thing flying well)

I have the old style usb connector as well.. it feels loose so likely it's gonig to crap out on me too. I re-shrink wrapped it to try and get some more time out of it.

as for buying the GLB I would not bother saving a few bucks... especially if you are going to use this in any sort of AP job... of course... to each their own.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
lol i was being sarcastic....
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:57 PM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
1,010 Posts
Well for me I'm building 2x birthday present quads in x style for my bro and his kid my nephew so the GLB on is perfect for me. I call 340 USD a whole lot better than 440 USD for 2 toy quad controllers....
jetbootz is online now Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
lmao... of course you were... what was I thinking you da quad addict!!!

hahaha.... hey you have skype going with naza yet?

I have mine working fine (I think you need to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic to not get this thing flying well)

I have the old style usb connector as well.. it feels loose so likely it's gonig to crap out on me too. I re-shrink wrapped it to try and get some more time out of it.

as for buying the GLB I would not bother saving a few bucks... especially if you are going to use this in any sort of AP job... of course... to each their own.

Steve

ok, thanks for understanding, yea there couple guys on there in the naza room not much action. need more people
Last edited by Quad_Addict; Jan 06, 2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 04:11 AM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,815 Posts
Sorry, I couldn't resist this, I know most of us have seen this, but I have a suggestion on getting DJI to change the Arming/Cut-off procedure to something we can all live with, literally...

Put a NAZA on this multirotor, tell the engineer responsible for changing the procedure to strap in and see how well he likes that 10% cut-off...

World's first manned flight with an electric multicopter (3 min 56 sec)
!
Av8Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Av8Chuck
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:09 AM
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Oct 2011
881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit View Post
GOOD news for me..
I got my replacement VU today and I'm back in the air, Thanks to Jeff at CNC-Heli, and man it is flying good, one thing is this VU is different then my first one, it has a cover on the end, my first one was open..
that's really good news, if i fill hot glue inside my vu, would it cancel my warranty? Sidneyw, can you ask that to the dji?
deno6031 is online now Find More Posts by deno6031
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:13 AM
United Kingdom, England, Derby
Joined Jun 2011
171 Posts
I am really impressed with the flame wheel kit.The props are well designed too.Flexible,cheap and easy to install.A perfect learner quad then since the props are likely the only thing you will break regularly.
Trouble is....I cannot find anyone selling them.Is anywhere stocking them yet?
paulujvari is offline Find More Posts by paulujvari
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:31 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulujvari View Post
I am really impressed with the flame wheel kit.The props are well designed too.Flexible,cheap and easy to install.A perfect learner quad then since the props are likely the only thing you will break regularly.
Trouble is....I cannot find anyone selling them.Is anywhere stocking them yet?
I would like to know this as well before I put together my kit. Thankfully, they actually put extra props in the kit, 4 extra props actually. Some said you only get two so I was surprised to find 4 more props in my package!
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:41 AM
Joined Jan 2012
122 Posts
Are there any videos out yet showing the DJI Naza flying (not hovering) in altitude mode? Couldnīt find any and am really interested in this issue for fpv flying.
thx,
baka
bakanahito is offline Find More Posts by bakanahito
Old Jan 07, 2012, 06:04 AM
I slope - therefore I am
Wilen, Switzerland
Joined Nov 2003
540 Posts
Ok, so I hit the final snag too - motors not starting

Frame with this power-train is working, used a HFPro before with it.

Using Turnigy Plush 30A, each calibrated (and working fine when fed straight from the RX). Plugged in correctly, signal towards the nick. Power (red) not connected - old habit

NAZA is setup ok, all calibrated and looking well in Configurator.
LED blinking slow yellow (am in ATTI mode)

When executing CSC (move both sticks to bottom left) nothing happens at all.
Am I correct in assuming that the motors should start turning slowly right now ?

Sam
a944734 is online now Find More Posts by a944734
Old Jan 07, 2012, 06:09 AM
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Oct 2011
881 Posts
a944734, have you turn off your epa's and expo's, you can not execute csc when they are not set %100. and maybe you should try to give a little trim to the way you try to execute csc, try all 4 combinations for csc, i could be that tha naza doesn't see the csc properly, sorry for my poor english.
deno6031 is online now Find More Posts by deno6031
Old Jan 07, 2012, 06:18 AM
I slope - therefore I am
Wilen, Switzerland
Joined Nov 2003
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deno6031 View Post
a944734, have you turn off your epa's and expo's, you can not execute csc when they are not set %100. and maybe you should try to give a little trim to the way you try to execute csc, try all 4 combinations for csc, i could be that tha naza doesn't see the csc properly, sorry for my poor english.
Using no EPA, no EXP, no subtrims. Everything is at exactly 100%. Tried all 4 CSC combinations. Even tried to lower throttle trim a bit - no luck.
a944734 is online now Find More Posts by a944734
Old Jan 07, 2012, 06:22 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,471 Posts
basically the naza doesn't like your esc's how old are they. I had the same problem with my hobbywing esc's worked with every other board I had on the frame but would not work with the naza
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins