HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2012, 10:46 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit View Post
Hey guys just a heads-up,
be careful when u unplug the usb from the (VU) i just did mine and the usb plug came out with the cord
Ouch thank you for warning us on that.
vic20owner is offline Find More Posts by vic20owner
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2012, 10:49 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8Chuck View Post
OK, this is ridiculous.

EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION!

Sorry, but if you HAVE NOT UPGRADED, and FLOWN with the new firmware please do not COMMENT on the NEW FIRMWARE!

I'm sure this problem is exacerbated or looses something in the translation but they went from VERY BAD to WORSE!

Unless my controller is exhibiting something different from every one else's, and I have no reason to think that it is, this is what MINE IS doing.

Set the cut-off to IMMEDIATE when you arm in ATTITUDE MODE it disarms when the throttle goes below 10% -- BUT it will arm again when you raise the throttle above 10%

Set the cut-off to INTELLIGENT and when you arm in ATTITUDE MODE it seems to behave the same as before, ATTITUDE takes over your throttle the problem for me is that it raises the RPM to a point that my HEX won't descend without lowering the throttle below 10%.

So why is this happening? First I think it is happening because of a very BAD engineering decision, I do not understand what problem they are trying to solve with this "FEATURE?"

Secondly, we're not all building the "NAZA KIT," because of the rather good flight characteristics of this controller I would like to carry a DSLR which means I have enough prop, motor, battery and ESC to hover [without the DSLR] at approximately 25-30% throttle, that's way too narrow a margin for safety, especially in attitude mode.

I ate the first crash, it cost me more to repair my Hex than the NAZA costs, but that's sometimes the costs for being an early adopter. However, I was very lucky that no one was hurt.

I cannot be the only person on this thread who recognizes the seriousness of a mutli rotor just falling out of the sky especially because of a VERY BAD ENGINEERING POLICY!
There should be absolutely NO WAY TO DISARM the multirotor in flight with the Transmitter. Component failure is one thing, but THIS IS ABSOLUTELY Fing INSANE.

Soory for the rant, but SidneyW if your the intermediary here you NEED to make the engineers at DJI understand the seriousness of this issue. This has been discussed enough on this and other forums, this does not appear to be happening because of component failure so I think its bordering on negligence. John your my reseller, lean on these guys, I mean this is really, really stupid.

So please fix this. As always if I have implemented this incorrectly or have a faulty NAZA, I apologize.
Just to be clear, this happens in Immediate mode?

One thing I did find is that in Immediate mode, if you are in manual and you turn the transmitter off, the motors do not disarm.... ever.... so in the event of a dead TX battery you are looking at further damage. I am certain this is a bug that will get fixed.

Regarding the disarm while flying I understand why they are doing this. If you say, arm your quad on the bench, and then lower the stick to stop it... you forget... and you bump the transmitter and suddenly you have a blender heading towards your face. They are smart to disarm after 4 seconds.

It seems to me the real problem here is that DJI engineers have not yet added one important feature... an ability to PROGRAM the lowest idle speed. A slider which lets you teach the Naza where the lowest possible idle speed is would be the solution here. They are obviously programming for their own Naza hardware and had not expected such a variance in multirotor designs. Give them time, they are smart engineers undoubtedly under sales pressure and deadlines like the rest of us.

I'm a software engineer... I wish I could help DJI here and add a few features
vic20owner is offline Find More Posts by vic20owner
Last edited by vic20owner; Jan 03, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:10 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
Glad you brought that up G I was dealing with mine a lot yesterday and in my mind and hand mine felt sloppy as I was plugging and unplugging to the point that I was worried about the likes happening.So I was taking extra cautions when doing so not knowing if it was just me.But I looked at it real close and noticed it had some play left and right andback and forth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner View Post
Ouch thank you for warning us on that.
I only had maybe plugged it in 6 to 8 times.
One good thing is I'm back to work tomorrow so i wont be flying for 2-days. I have a replacement coming in the morning...
I wounder if we can add some glue or something that wont hurt anything to stop this from happening .
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Last edited by G-unit; Jan 03, 2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:22 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,491 Posts
Epoxy is your best friend. LOL or hot glue.
tc3wins is offline Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:23 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
As far as FC threads go the NAZA doesn't really have that many complaints about it. There are certainly issues, some of the serious, others seems to be working through the setup issues which again I think the NAZA has done remarkably well.

The Naza is the closest thing I've seen to flying very well out of the box. [WHEN ITS DOESN'T FALL FROM THE SKY...]

Sorry, I know, jokes are supposed to be funny...
+1 there not allot of complaints, just allot of complaints from the same few people LOL but thats ok!
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
My bad, I replaced the Naza FCB on this frame with a WKM. Here are a few pictures, the video on the ground looks cool with the RV OSD telemetry.
looks good dude.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:27 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,491 Posts
QA you still messing with the settings on yours. I have not had a chance to fly mine again in a few days. still working on that class thing. pulled 18 hours last night/today due to that.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:28 PM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,817 Posts
I'm not complaining a lot, I'm being "constructive" about the same thing, which I caught on video and cost me a +$200 to repair.
Av8Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Av8Chuck
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:28 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
QA you still messing with the settings on yours. I have not had a chance to fly mine again in a few days. still working on that class thing. pulled 18 hours last night/today due to that.
havnt messed with quad stuff in couple days. i have had some neck issues. cant focus on meds so i been a vegetable for the most part.

is there a new firmware?
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
I'm not complaining a lot, I'm being "constructive" about the same thing, which I caught on video and cost me a +$200 to repair.
lol actually i wasnt even meaning u, besides i was kidding. alot of posts from same people make new people think there allot of problems or so it seems.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:34 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner View Post
Both the MultiWii and the Naza have no problem with straight drop descents. The MultiWii (Quadrino for example) especially can drop straight down from very high with no wobble. The Naza also has done this for me very well. In fact I did it hands off while taking video from FPV, and it was very smooth.
it's prolly just my unbalanced quad and props, or i need a bit more tuning. I smack my quad into something pretty much every flight, lol, so she's definitely seen her fair share of "love"
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:34 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
lol actually i wasnt even meaning u, besides i was kidding. alot of posts from same people make new people think there allot of problems or so it seems.
That is true. but that is why I asked who had there naza's flying and who didn't to get some sort of number and precentages.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:59 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
looks good dude.
Thanks Bro, it is a lot of fun to fly, I am used to Octo's with DSLR's onboard.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Old Jan 04, 2012, 12:35 AM
Just a yard bird
United States, TN, Springfield
Joined Mar 2007
1,857 Posts
Quote:
havnt messed with quad stuff in couple days. i have had some neck issues. cant focus on meds so i been a vegetable for the most part.

is there a new firmware?
The way things are going can I get medicated lol
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old Jan 04, 2012, 12:37 AM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
The way things are going can I get medicated lol
Man u are in Vegas, u can do allot better than that