Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:14 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,017 Posts
Manyana, GW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
Well, I have to say flying with a NAZA has been fun! I am putting my F450 aside and moving on to something else at least for a while!. I know the NAZA has no resale value so I will just keep it and who knows someday I may pull it out again!
I say that because I KNOW you will be back.
(This is the second time you've hung up multirotors.)
Multirotors are too habit forming and too easy for what you are passionate about - FPV.
Give planes a try, you might like it!
I fly both.
Remember that when we're way too old to fly planes, we'll still be able to pilot multirotors...
Good luck, old friend.
I'll miss you.
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Feb 13, 2013 at 08:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:22 PM
ehx
Northern Minnesota
Joined Oct 2001
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier_C View Post
Also I epoxied the whole device before closing, its now certified for a dive in the Mariana Trench

I'm not sure just what you coated, but probably the reason why DJI coated everything but the Ublox module is that Ublox doesn't recommend it. From the Ublox Hardware Integration Manual:

3.2.9 Conformal coating

Certain applications employ a conformal coating of the PCB using HumiSeal® or other related coating products. These materials affect the HF properties of the GPS module and it is important to prevent them from flowing into the module. The RF shields do not provide 100% protection for the module from coating liquids with low viscosity; therefore care is required in applying the coating.
Conformal Coating of the module will void the warranty.

I'd guess you probably won't have any problem, but I'm just pointing out that laziness doesn't seem to the the reason for the lack of a coating..
ehx is offline Find More Posts by ehx
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:09 AM
Since 1902. Maybe.
France, RA, Grenoble
Joined Dec 2004
2,922 Posts
I was a bit unclear i guess, I didn't epoxy the PCB, I epoxied the space where the 2 casings are touching, and where the cable goes in, that's not perfect waterproofing but it should be enough, time will tell

On my module the water clearly went in from the cable, I don't think the water could easily get in from the ring.

What I found is that, as long as there's not too much current involved, the electronics are doing fine, the RX (futaba 7008) was very wet inside, it's still working fine, made tons of tests, it's a very simple PCB, with no fragile components...
Olivier_C is offline Find More Posts by Olivier_C
Last edited by Olivier_C; Feb 14, 2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:17 AM
Fastflydan
Joined Jul 2012
75 Posts
:

Hello everyone,

From our side, we opted for the electronic Dji Naza-m + GPS. We first tested the electronic XAircraft (both versions) and we had good scares that have cooled over the material. Dji with technology, no problem since!

Here is our first video filmed with a Gopro on a standard mount (no brace and no potentiometer). All the specs are in the video description.

http://www.matterhorns.org/pages/vid...craft-650.html
Winterproof Multirotor - XAircraft 650 with Dji Naza and Gopro Hero (4 min 25 sec)

Have Fun & Fly. over
www.matterhorns.ch
www.twitter.com/MFlyers
www.facebook.com/MatterhornsFlyers
Killadan is offline Find More Posts by Killadan
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:01 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Look what happend to this poor guy yesterday! http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post24128839
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:24 AM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,601 Posts
Gimbal servos that work with NAZA

Does anyone have any gimbal servo suggestions for servos that play nicely with the NAZA?

I'm using Hitec HS65 on my gimbal, and I find them rather jerky (and you can hear the clicks as they move on the GoPro audio). Not sure if this is the servos or just that the NAZA isn't a great gimbal controller.

Would digital servos be better? Or is this just a feature of the NAZA?
kallend is offline Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:49 AM
United States, IN, Westfield
Joined Sep 2007
91 Posts
I use Savox mini servos and have not had a problem.

Lou
lperagallo is offline Find More Posts by lperagallo
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:56 AM
Germany, NRW, Langenfeld
Joined Oct 2011
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend View Post
Does anyone have any gimbal servo suggestions for servos that play nicely with the NAZA?

I'm using Hitec HS65 on my gimbal, and I find them rather jerky (and you can hear the clicks as they move on the GoPro audio). Not sure if this is the servos or just that the NAZA isn't a great gimbal controller.

Would digital servos be better? Or is this just a feature of the NAZA?
I think it's a feature.... :-( :-(
I use hs65 now but used digital servos before - the hs65 are even better....but far from being ok. The biggest issue is roll compensation, Nick so far is ok. But the NAZA gimbal stabilization is well known for having problems with roll.
I will wait for the new gimbals with brushless motors and an extra controller.
ralfrcgroups is offline Find More Posts by ralfrcgroups
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:09 AM
United States, AL, Foley
Joined Nov 2005
539 Posts
+1 for Corrosion X. I live on the water (brackish salt) and fly RC around the water and photograph on the water. I have dunked cameras, phones and RC stuff. Saltwater is a big problem. However, if electronics take a dip in fresh water, they can be brought back to life with a good drying and spraying with Corrosion X. I speak from experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Google Corrosion X

This ad brought to you by someone who pays way too much attention to too many sections of this forum...

EDIT** Corrosion X Aviation.... hmmm interesting. I don't own either but remember reading about people using it. Forum search yields some results too.
CoastalTom is offline Find More Posts by CoastalTom
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:39 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lperagallo View Post
I use Savox mini servos and have not had a problem.

Lou
Lou, do you know the model number?
kallend is offline Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:36 PM
Joined Dec 2012
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTom View Post
+1 for Corrosion X. I live on the water (brackish salt) and fly RC around the water and photograph on the water. I have dunked cameras, phones and RC stuff. Saltwater is a big problem. However, if electronics take a dip in fresh water, they can be brought back to life with a good drying and spraying with Corrosion X. I speak from experience.
I usually just toss my freshwater dipped electronic in a bag of rice...uncooked of course
alwaysconfused is offline Find More Posts by alwaysconfused
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:17 PM
Since 1902. Maybe.
France, RA, Grenoble
Joined Dec 2004
2,922 Posts
Thread is quiet, so let me drop a new poster

Olivier_C is offline Find More Posts by Olivier_C
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:27 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier_C View Post
Thread is quiet, so let me drop a new poster

I want your cat! Looks like a Russian Blue. The last one I had only pee'd on things that were white and pounced on your chest in the middle of the night. I am a cat lover, but she was too much for me. Nice photo.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:54 PM
United States, VA, Fairfax
Joined Dec 2012
1,249 Posts
She flies like a beauty! (experiencing some jello) need to get a new camera mount!

v00d0o is online now Find More Posts by v00d0o
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:58 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v00d0o View Post
She flies like a beauty! (experiencing some jello) need to get a new camera mount!
Jello = Vibration, get rid of the vibration
mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing