HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:33 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbagit13 View Post
Advice needed.

I sold my DJI Naza to a member and he is having an arming issue. He cant get all of the motors to consistently arm at the same time. 2 motors sometimes will not start.

When I had the Naza I was using Turnigy Plush Speed Controls which at the time did not work well with the Naza. I had this same issue. This issue has since been fixed with the latest firmware.

At the time I used a seperate on/off switch to power my speed controls and turn them on after the naza was powered and then all the motors would arm just fine. I upgraded to the latest firmware and they fixed this problem and the on/off switch was no longer needed.

He is using DJI motors and ESCs and is having this issue which surprises me.

Any ideas?
Not all radios with same end-points ... I can be using Futaba and JR fine; when switch to Hitec I have to set end-points to 125. If the sliders are not from end to end in the software for aileron, elevator, rudder and throttle you can't arm the motors. Another point is ESC sync.... take off the props, power up the radio and main battery connect; push the throttle stick to max (up) for a second, and lower it to the bottom will sync all ESC.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:40 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier_C View Post
You're right about the backward mount, but else he'd chew the damn cable ;]
Also I did not even try the dual-tape/pole mount

I have more photos+DJI parts in stock, but I need some cool chinglish lines...
http://www.languageonthemove.com/rec...nglish-a-break
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:16 AM
Doing stuff since 1902.
France, RA, Grenoble
Joined Dec 2004
2,621 Posts
No, no breaks given, sorry

Not writing perfect english is perfectly understandable most of the time, but not when you're selling professional products worldwide, then it makes you look like amateurs because you could not find a single guy at the end of a lenghty process that can write proper english : Ideas, design, manufacturing, marketing... aaaaaand there you fail at writing the manual. Even if thats the only weakness, it plants the idea that maybe there could be more amateurism, hidden.

And thats generally speaking, not just about DJI or the RC world...
To me the DJI manual is quite ok to be honest, we've all seen much much worse.
Olivier_C is offline Find More Posts by Olivier_C
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:49 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Drones threaten RC model flying (10 min 25 sec)
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:51 AM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2013
263 Posts
Quote:
No, no breaks given, sorry

Not writing perfect english is perfectly understandable most of the time, but not when you're selling professional products worldwide, then it makes you look like amateurs because you could not find a single guy at the end of a lenghty process that can write proper english : Ideas, design, manufacturing, marketing... aaaaaand there you fail at writing the manual. Even if thats the only weakness, it plants the idea that maybe there could be more amateurism, hidden.

And thats generally speaking, not just about DJI or the RC world...
To me the DJI manual is quite ok to be honest, we've all seen much much worse.
But especially in the RC world it would be so easy. Just give us (not me, I'm not a native english speaker) the manual ahead of time and there will be somebody who's eager to do it. I've done it before (in my native tongue).
crashsalot is offline Find More Posts by crashsalot
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:59 AM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2013
263 Posts
name change

completely off topic, but since I've been around here a few times:
I've different screen names in different places and in order to straighten that out, I changed my name in rcgroups. Just wanted to let you know.
crashsalot is offline Find More Posts by crashsalot
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:49 PM
Doing stuff since 1902.
France, RA, Grenoble
Joined Dec 2004
2,621 Posts
Something I found today, while reassembling my F450 with brand new hardware after my stupid stunt in the river :

Right after the crash I opened all electronics, dried, etc, in the DJI GPS there was only few droplets, all seemed fine.
Then this afternoon, I plug everything, and goddamnhell, the GPS is not shown in the assistant, and the VU led won't blink green or red, just the yellow mode for ATTI.
So I re-open the GPS, and I notice this gap below the orange shield thingy.
A good shot of compressed air there and.... TADA ! GPS fixed !
Also I epoxied the whole device before closing, its now certified for a dive in the Mariana Trench

Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Well, I have to say flying with a NAZA has been fun! I am putting my F450 aside and moving on to something else at least for a while!. I know the NAZA has no resale value so I will just keep it and who knows someday I may pull it out again!
VID00496 (0 min 25 sec)
Last edited by goldsworthy; Feb 13, 2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:01 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Something I found today, while reassembling my F450 with brand new hardware after my stupid stunt in the river :

Right after the crash I opened all electronics, dried, etc, in the DJI GPS there was only few droplets, all seemed fine.
Then this afternoon, I plug everything, and goddamnhell, the GPS is not shown in the assistant, and the VU led won't blink green or red, just the yellow mode for ATTI.
So I re-open the GPS, and I notice this gap below the orange shield thingy.
A good shot of compressed air there and.... TADA ! GPS fixed !
Also I epoxied the whole device before closing, its now certified for a dive in the Mariana Trench

Hmm, having cracked one myself, the epoxy reinforcement might be a good preventative measure...
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:23 PM
Doing stuff since 1902.
France, RA, Grenoble
Joined Dec 2004
2,621 Posts
To be honest I was a bit annoyed by this, I mean, the ESCs or motors not liking water, I'm ok with that (altho the ESCs could be waterproof with little effort)... but the GPS, there's no reason, with just a little joint it coulld easily handle many meters of water, there's nothing hot inside, there's no need for air or cooling...
Last edited by Olivier_C; Feb 13, 2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:11 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
To be honest I was a bit annoyed by this, I mean, the ESCs or motors not liking water, I'm ok with that (altho the ESCs could be waterproof with little effort)... but the GPS, there's no reason, with just a little joint it coulld easily handle many meters of water, there's nothing hot inside, there's no need for air or cooling...
Google Corrosion X

This ad brought to you by someone who pays way too much attention to too many sections of this forum...

EDIT** Corrosion X Aviation.... hmmm interesting. I don't own either but remember reading about people using it. Forum search yields some results too.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
No MCrites! you need to look up "Liquipel" there also is a video on how it is applied link- https://www.liquipel.com/in-action/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=eN4wb-wovlU
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:27 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
No MCrites! you need to look up "Liquipel" there also is a video on how it is applied link- https://www.liquipel.com/in-action/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=eN4wb-wovlU
I read up on them a while back. Until it is a DYI application (Corr X is a spray can) I don't think it can help us.... otherwise my F550+Gimbal+camera would already be treated by them.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ygoJoVk_qSo
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:13 PM
Near Disneyland in Placentia, Southern California, USA
Joined Aug 2004
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
Well, I have to say flying with a NAZA has been fun! I am putting my F450 aside and moving on to something else at least for a while!. I know the NAZA has no resale value so I will just keep it and who knows someday I may pull it out again! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqZwn...ature=youtu.be
Sorry to see you go, but I bet you'll be back sooner than later!

In your short video, I need to know the particulars for what appears to be a carrying case for the F450.
Tell me all about it please. I'm looking for something that will strap to the back of my motorcycle.
Thanks.

Regards
Bernd

Witespy-DJI NAZA F450 Flamewheel
2212/920kv DJI motors and Opto 30A ESC's
10x4 Gemfan Woodies Props / GoPro Hero HD2
Fat Shark Predator V2 FPV
AUW 3S-4000mah = 1585g
Spektrum TX DX-7 (original) / Spektrum RX AR6200
BerndM is offline Find More Posts by BerndM