HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:07 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,192 Posts
Finally got everything on my new FPV TBS Discovery working good. First I had good GPS lock but horrible video signal. Then I got decent video but the GPS or compass wouldn't hold.
I now mounted the video TX on an arm with the antenna pointing down and the GPS puck back on the mast. It would get a good lock but the Dragon GPS took a few minutes to lock when the GPS puck was directly on the frame close to the Dragon GPS.

Now everything is working perfectly. The GPS holds about as good as it's going to get and I flew down to the end of the street and had perfect video signal and quality.

DJI NAZA GPS hold test (0 min 31 sec)
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:14 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,215 Posts
I think seadog started this spreadsheet. The only thing that is now missing is the version of the software being used.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:22 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
7th column over is listing for firmware version. Very few people enter it though?
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:23 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
I take that back some are entering the firmware No.
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:26 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,215 Posts
Thanks, Seadog, I missed it and did not enter either.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:11 PM
Colorado
Joined Nov 2004
268 Posts
Venom93cobra,

Exactly; thanks much for your time.

Cheers
SeniorSpan is offline Find More Posts by SeniorSpan
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:24 PM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
Some problems with the Gains

Hello Everybody,

I'm having some problems with the gains since day 1, with the default settings didn't worked, and with more 3 or 4 settings from YouTube, no luck!
I must confess that I'm not very comfortable with the PID or gains... but this is the "prince".
I need to give input all the time to maintain the quad near me, normally if I leave the TX the quad goes forward and sometimes up, and this in the GPS mode.
I really would appreciate some help.
The compass calibration is made and the TX is also calibrated and using PPM.
Please check the video, some feedback is appreciated.

Quad450 (1 min 39 sec)

All the Best,

Geotete
geotete is offline Find More Posts by geotete
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:25 PM
United States, VA, Fairfax
Joined Dec 2012
1,193 Posts
She flies!

Firstly, I want to thank everyone who has helped me. I have learned a lot and I still have a long way to go I will continue to tune my quad and eventually, get the GPS! I have FPV equipment, but I need to get more comfortable with flying.

My next step is to finish my camera mount/skids and also convert my power supply into a 12v charger for my Turnigy Accucel 6 Charger. (without it; I can't charge anything )

She Flies!!! (1 min 1 sec)

Light-weight skids to match my motor booms!
I will be attaching a GoPro between the skids.

Not sure what to use for the actual skid bars...recommendations?

v00d0o is online now Find More Posts by v00d0o
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:20 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotete View Post
Hello Everybody,

I'm having some problems with the gains since day 1, with the default settings didn't worked, and with more 3 or 4 settings from YouTube, no luck!
I must confess that I'm not very comfortable with the PID or gains... but this is the "prince".
I need to give input all the time to maintain the quad near me, normally if I leave the TX the quad goes forward and sometimes up, and this in the GPS mode.
The compass calibration is made and the TX is also calibrated and using

All the Best,

Geotete
Something is not right. Don't know what, your gains look fine. I made a quick clip of mine in GPS mode and it sits fairly still even in the little wind that was blowing. It was all over the place and barely flyable but I had the GPS puck close to the battery. I moved it back onto the mast and it works great now
DJI NAZA GPS hold test (0 min 31 sec)
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Last edited by jasper7821; Feb 03, 2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:56 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,356 Posts
Todays flight with NAZA and QAV 500.

QAV 500 Winter FPV (3 min 16 sec)
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:24 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,237 Posts
Quote:
Hello Everybody,

The compass calibration is made and the TX is also calibrated and using PPM.
Please check the video, some feedback is appreciated.

http://youtu.be/Q-5dQyV4dVc

All the Best,

Geotete
Hey Geotete,

I'm sure we can help get this sorted out but first, we need to know something about what you know and something about your rig.

So, on the what you know part, have you read the manual, cover to cover and have you performed the setups from start to finish with complete understanding? If not, can you tell us what you may have had trouble with?

On the gear, can you post a picture or two of your Quad and tell us what is on it?
-Frame
-Motors
-Props
-ESC's
-TX/RX
-Battery
-FPV (if any)
-Telemetry (if any)

On set up there are a couple things you should know that aren't in or clear in the Manual so check the first page of this thread, TJ's Blog and read through the Naza Gouge.

Lastly, and to start, make sure your endpoints are set to at least 100% and use no trim whatsoever.

mark
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:03 AM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
Hey Geotete,

I'm sure we can help get this sorted out but first, we need to know something about what you know and something about your rig.

So, on the what you know part, have you read the manual, cover to cover and have you performed the setups from start to finish with complete understanding? If not, can you tell us what you may have had trouble with?

Cover to cover more than once, checked everything in the first page of this tread watched some tutorials in YouTube, and also watched Community Build Blogs, from this page, different frame but same principals.

On the gear, can you post a picture or two of your Quad and tell us what is on it?
-Frame
-Motors
-Props
-ESC's
-TX/RX - Turnigy 9x with ER9X and Dragonlink
-Battery
-FPV (if any) NO
-Telemetry (if any) NO

On set up there are a couple things you should know that aren't in or clear in the Manual so check the first page of this thread, TJ's Blog and read through the Naza Gouge.

Lastly, and to start, make sure your endpoints are set to at least 100% and use no trim whatsoever.
Check images.
mark
All the answers in Blue.
Also I'm sending the GPS settings, in the image attached.

Geotete
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:35 AM
Joined Dec 2012
287 Posts
Quote:
All the answers in Blue.
Also I'm sending the GPS settings, in the image attached.

Geotete
Not 100% positive but I think I remember that the x and y placement is meant for the controller...not the gps.

I would change those settings for the controller and see what happens.. Just a thought...

And have you pointed the GPS in the right direction? The WIRE should be pointing forward and with the correct declination...or what ever it is called. Go here to find your declination: http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/geomag-web/#declination
alwaysconfused is offline Find More Posts by alwaysconfused
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:41 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,485 Posts
No the X,Y,Z coordinates are for the position of the GPS/compass unit relative to the CG.

The main unit is meant to be mounted on the CG (or as close as possible). There is no way to define an offset for that (there is with the Wookong though).
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:31 AM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
No the X,Y,Z coordinates are for the position of the GPS/compass unit relative to the CG.

The main unit is meant to be mounted on the CG (or as close as possible). There is no way to define an offset for that (there is with the Wookong though).
As per the manuals you are correct and that is like I did my configurations.
And the GPS is pointing to the front.

Geotete