HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:16 PM
United States, VA, Fairfax
Joined Dec 2012
1,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Good that you found that. The Naza does not like trims to make it fly. You might as well check everything again.
Hmm...It spun around again. This time to the right...

Why is it that my idle speed is causing it to fly around already... I thought idle was supposed to be low.

Do I need to be adjusting gains?
v00d0o is offline Find More Posts by v00d0o
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by v00d0o; Feb 02, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:32 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,780 Posts
Lower your motor idle speed. If it is set on recommended then lower it a notch and go from there. The motors should spin not take off.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:33 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1,248 Posts
Quote:
Lower your motor idle speed. If it is set on recommended then lower it a notch and go from there. The motors should spin not take off.
I think I need to lower them in the ESCs too.. I tried the NAZA and it didn't seem to change anything.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:34 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,780 Posts
That requires that you recalibrate each esc separately with your Tx and Rx only, no Naza.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:37 PM
United States, MI, Dansville
Joined Oct 2012
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstuff View Post
Yes, anywhere on the PCB that has direct + and - connection.... e.g. battery input or ESC power connector....just remember to do it before insulating all the soldered 'blobs' .....I use thin epoxy resin for that.
thank you sir and i plan on using shoe goo.
dybbob is offline Find More Posts by dybbob
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:58 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1,248 Posts
Quote:
That requires that you recalibrate each esc separately with your Tx and Rx only, no Naza.
Its still flipping... I have no clue what to do now.

I've calibrated all ESCs and made sure its spinning in the correct directions.
Also programmed lower idle and ensured the props spin the correct way.

I feel stupid now. After hours of trying to figure this out...I didn't read the manual.

It said.. mount the ESC section forward or else you risk your quadcopter of "roll-over"
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by v00d0o; Feb 02, 2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:05 AM
Doing stuff since 1902.
France, RA, Grenoble
Joined Dec 2004
2,635 Posts
It's still a bit worrying that you don't get any idle-speed, Naza reversed or not.
Also thats some huge props there, maybe you should try with smaller props (got the default DJI 8" ?), for less momentum, smaller cone of air and less thrust...
Olivier_C is online now Find More Posts by Olivier_C
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:14 AM
Joined Mar 2012
88 Posts
Hello everyone I have a problem. I changed the radio I went from DX6i to a DX8 with Ar8000 receiver as the first receiver I used the ar600. I redid the calibration of the esc but with the Naza hours Idle speed motor I have to set the maximum ... first with the ar600 enough to leave in the middle why?
cronalex is offline Find More Posts by cronalex
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:34 AM
Germany, NRW, Langenfeld
Joined Oct 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v00d0o View Post
[STRIKE]

I feel stupid now. After hours of trying to figure this out...I didn't read the manual.

It said.. mount the ESC section forward or else you risk your quadcopter of "roll-over"
Buit you picture at post #17981 showed Naza's ESC section facing forward - or did I miss something?
ralfrcgroups is offline Find More Posts by ralfrcgroups
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:57 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,886 Posts
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfrcgroups View Post
Buit you picture at post #17981 showed Naza's ESC section facing forward - or did I miss something?
v00d0o:
In the image referenced your left index finger is pointing at the ESC section of the Naza.
The caption says "where I am pointing is forward".
Do you mean that your finger is pointing forward?
Or do you mean that the point you are pointing to on the airframe is forward?
See how easily you can miss-communicate?
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:46 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
v00d0o:
In the image referenced your left index finger is pointing at the ESC section of the Naza.
The caption says "where I am pointing is forward".
Do you mean that your finger is pointing forward?
Or do you mean that the point you are pointing to on the airframe is forward?
See how easily you can miss-communicate?
I see where you guys got confused..

My finger is pointing in the direction of the aircraft forward not the ESC ports.

Anyway...I got it to fly! I will post videos later today. Its beautiful.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by v00d0o; Feb 03, 2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:47 AM
Madisonville, Ky, USA
Joined Nov 2009
63 Posts
naza flip on takeoff

True confessions, I have built 5 quads. The first flipped on takeoff because of reversed motors. Since then I have been very careful about such details and the next few quads went together fine. I was rebuilding one of my quads on a new frame. The naza/gps , motors , esc's , receiver from another quad that flew well.
I assembled a hoverthings fpv frame and placed my gear on it. It flipped on maiden. I was sure everything was correct. After hours of searching the web and forums and rechecking everything, I was about to strip everything off and build again with different motors and esc's. Then while staring at the motor diagram and my quad , I was shocked to find I had reversed motors 3 and 4 . Saved me several hours of work and frustration. I know I checked the motor connection and rotation a dozen times.
Lesson , if your multi flips on maiden , double check motor connection and prop orientation.
hamradioflyer is offline Find More Posts by hamradioflyer
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:53 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamradioflyer View Post
True confessions, I have built 5 quads. The first flipped on takeoff because of reversed motors. Since then I have been very careful about such details and the next few quads went together fine. I was rebuilding one of my quads on a new frame. The naza/gps , motors , esc's , receiver from another quad that flew well.
I assembled a hoverthings fpv frame and placed my gear on it. It flipped on maiden. I was sure everything was correct. After hours of searching the web and forums and rechecking everything, I was about to strip everything off and build again with different motors and esc's. Then while staring at the motor diagram and my quad , I was shocked to find I had reversed motors 3 and 4 . Saved me several hours of work and frustration. I know I checked the motor connection and rotation a dozen times.
Lesson , if your multi flips on maiden , double check motor connection and prop orientation.
Yes..the stupid detail always get ya!

I knew it was a rotation problem because I had checked the motor rotations and props at least 10 times. I also ruled out the ESCs because I had calibrated them and it was flipping both to the left and right. I noticed it seemed to be counteracting the wrong way...so I double checked the NAZA direction. Found out it was reversed, so I flipped the quad around and switched up the motors. Now it flies perfectly
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:55 AM
Colorado
Joined Nov 2004
268 Posts
G'day all,

I've managed to "misplace" the doc, posted some time ago, containing a collection of Gains settings used for the F450 and I think the F550 as well.

I would really appreciate the location of the doc vs. going through the 1200 pages of this thread.

Thanks
SeniorSpan is offline Find More Posts by SeniorSpan
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:51 AM
United States, OH, Sylvania
Joined Jan 2013
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorSpan View Post
G'day all,

I've managed to "misplace" the doc, posted some time ago, containing a collection of Gains settings used for the F450 and I think the F550 as well.

I would really appreciate the location of the doc vs. going through the 1200 pages of this thread.

Thanks
Not sure if your talking about this but this was posted a couple of weeks ago.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3c&pli=1#gid=0
Venom93corba is offline Find More Posts by Venom93corba