HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:43 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
You know that you can manually set a new home point while flying? Then go out 10 meters from that new home point and and activate Home Lock. Rotate the copter to the face the HP and then rotate with your aileron stick. I have not tried this yet, but in theory and as stated in the manual it should work.

NOTE OF CAUTION!!!!! When you set the new Home Point, if you go to failsafe, that is the point it will return to. Just an FYI. Do don't blame me if something happens.
I've tried it and it works, but unless you manually yaw it, it maintains constant heading. So if you want to video the new home point as you circumnavigate it the pilot needs to take care of the rudder input.
kallend is offline Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:55 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
7,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend View Post
I've tried it and it works, but unless you manually yaw it, it maintains constant heading. So if you want to video the new home point as you circumnavigate it the pilot needs to take care of the rudder input.
That is still a lot less work than doing everything manually. I have seen it done well but by pilots much more skilled than me.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Photogrammetry Solution
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:16 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
That is still a lot less work than doing everything manually.
Oh yes!
kallend is offline Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:09 PM
Joined Dec 2012
287 Posts
I didnt get a single chance to fly anything this weekend. Such a bummer. And when I got home the parts I needed to move forward on my new/old quad were here. I still need the new tx and rx to get here so I can try and get it to work correctly as well needs to hurry up and arrive. AARRGGHH!!!
alwaysconfused is offline Find More Posts by alwaysconfused
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:21 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysconfused View Post
I didnt get a single chance to fly anything this weekend. Such a bummer. And when I got home the parts I needed to move forward on my new/old quad were here. I still need the new tx and rx to get here so I can try and get it to work correctly as well needs to hurry up and arrive. AARRGGHH!!!
could be worse, you could have crashed your hex like i did today much repair work to be done
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:26 PM
Near Disneyland in Placentia, Southern California, USA
Joined Aug 2004
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
Hi guys,
I kind of like autonomous orbit or POI (Point Of Interest) orbit feature that some more advanced controllers have. I am not sure if I am the first one with this idea, maybe not, but one day I was thinking that if I preset certain fixed values for pitch, roll and yaw in my transmitter, then Naza with its altitude hold could nicely make a circle pointing its face to the center of the circle. So I tried that and it actually worked quite nicely.

Here is my first try. It is not perfect but good enough for the first try. My settings are in the description of the video. I think I should lower the roll gain from 40% to some 30% or so, because I think it circles too fast....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGFA804f4zY

I wanted it because when I try to do an orbit manually, it is not very good, it is not smooth. I think with some more tweaking it could really mimic POI Orbit

Enjoy!
That is REALLY a GREAT idea!
Imagine how fantastic it would be if you could dial in an optimum radius of the circle, like if you wanted to get in an entire house for example.

Regards
Bernd

Witespy-DJI NAZA F450 Flamewheel
2212/920kv DJI motors and Opto 30A ESC's
10x4 Gemfan Woodies Props / GoPro Hero HD2
Fat Shark Predator V2 FPV
AUW 3S-4000mah = 1585g
Spektrum TX DX-7 (original) / Spektrum RX AR6200
BerndM is offline Find More Posts by BerndM
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:25 PM
Joined Dec 2012
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
could be worse, you could have crashed your hex like i did today much repair work to be done
That really sucks! I am still waiting on a Tx to show up so I can get the quad going. Of course if the FC I have in it doesnt do its jog I will be getting another naza and GPS.

Hope the repairs are easy!
alwaysconfused is offline Find More Posts by alwaysconfused
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:06 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysconfused View Post
That really sucks! I am still waiting on a Tx to show up so I can get the quad going. Of course if the FC I have in it doesnt do its jog I will be getting another naza and GPS.

Hope the repairs are easy!
just $35 in material damage + my time, pays to be careful still, managed to catch my landing gear and gimbal being sheared off the hex on video priceless! hmm... let's see.... my ratio of repairs to flight time just got a downgrade.... 5:1?
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:42 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2012
124 Posts
Dudes! I made a major mistake with my Naza. Total rookie move! In my hast soldering late night, I reversed soldered my deans connector between my power distro and my Naza BEC. So in other words, neg to pos and pos to neg. I plug in my batt and you know what happens next. The Naza BEC fries and I immediately unplug the batt.

After pounding my head against the wall, I corrected the reversed solder and plugged her back in. No signs of life from the Naza. The ESC's and RX power up as normal but I think I killed my Naza!

I ordered a new BEC and am praying that's the problem but I'm expecting the worse. Any ideas? Has anyone else made a bonehead move similar to this?

Thanks,
Stump
Stumptownflier is offline Find More Posts by Stumptownflier
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:39 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,314 Posts
I once reversed the polarity on my monitor. poof...

then another time, I somehow fried a Vtx (can't remember how that happened), but I

ordered another one, and just like you, I was thinking one thing, and did another.

Somehow I reversed the polarity, and poof... That was a tough one to "walk off". It took a couple of days.

I think that's about it, but I feel your pain...

Hopefully it's just your VU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumptownflier View Post
Dudes! I made a major mistake with my Naza. Total rookie move! In my hast soldering late night, I reversed soldered my deans connector between my power distro and my Naza BEC. So in other words, neg to pos and pos to neg. I plug in my batt and you know what happens next. The Naza BEC fries and I immediately unplug the batt.

After pounding my head against the wall, I corrected the reversed solder and plugged her back in. No signs of life from the Naza. The ESC's and RX power up as normal but I think I killed my Naza!

I ordered a new BEC and am praying that's the problem but I'm expecting the worse. Any ideas? Has anyone else made a bonehead move similar to this?

Thanks,
Stump
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:47 AM
United Kingdom, Norwich
Joined Jun 2004
433 Posts
I should think your Naza will have survived, the BEC should not have put out the incorrect polarity but died in the attempt.

Quote:

Thanks,
Stump
jetstuff is offline Find More Posts by jetstuff
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:47 AM
Joined Jan 2012
58 Posts
I have a X468 Flamegear XT gimbal on my F550 Naza, with Hitec HM-65MG analog servos attached straight to the Naza F1-F2 ports.
But they are not responding. Gimbals are set on 50hz in the software, as they should (?) for an analog servo.

Anyone with experience on this?
Malinois1 is offline Find More Posts by Malinois1
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:50 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Are the wires not coded Red and black anymore?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:22 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:

Thanks,
Stump
Might be the VU and it might be the bottom plate (I am assuming you have a F450/550). Check the integrated PCB for bubbling or even a blow out.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:39 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,180 Posts
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Might be the VU and it might be the bottom plate (I am assuming you have a F450/550). Check the integrated PCB for bubbling or even a blow out.
And hope that's what you find, and the Naza was protected from harm...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor