goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:08 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Nice GW! Keep that tip, you might one day need it for some small work. I wish I had one that small when replacing motors on my Hubsan X4 micro quad. The big tip I normally use is just too much and I keep forgetting to get another tip.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:33 AM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,100 Posts
It would be nice to see you flying that Sky Walker that you have over there..... Happy building...

Mauro
mauromassari is offline Find More Posts by mauromassari
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:42 AM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
GoPro is starting to give me the run around by changing their response from we'll replace it under warranty to we'll inspect it and repair or replace it if needed. I'm very tempted to just pack the thing back up in the original box and return it through Amazon and then buy another.
dedfish is offline Find More Posts by dedfish
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:46 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedfish View Post
GoPro is starting to give me the run around by changing their response from we'll replace it under warranty to we'll inspect it and repair or replace it if needed. I'm very tempted to just pack the thing back up in the original box and return it through Amazon and then buy another.
That's what I would do! there seems to be a increasing amount of reported problems with this model GoPro. I don't know whats going on but I will sit on the sideline and watch a bit before I buy mine. Its not a cheaply priced camera and I think all the bugs should have been worked out before they started shipping them out.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:47 AM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Is this GoPro a Black edition? I am just getting one myself!!!!!

Mauro
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:49 AM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauromassari View Post
Is this GoPro a Black edition? I am just getting one myself!!!!!

Mauro
Yup.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:52 AM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,467 Posts
Quote:
I got NO JOY AT ALL from GoPro. Returned mine to Amazon who replaced it immediately, no questions asked.
kallend is online now Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:52 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,709 Posts
+1 to GW

I'm not in the market for another GoPro.
My GoPro2 works fine, and I agree with mark_q (I think it was Mark) that I might not even do an upgrade on its firmware.
Based on the problems GoPro has had with the GoPro3, I'd wait.
Some users are already on their third camera!

Also, for some reason (I've read) the GoPro3's case weighs more than the GoPro2's, and the GoPro3 is supposed to be smaller.
I think total weight is still slightly less for GoPro3 + case.
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Jan 23, 2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Comments...
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:25 AM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
I'm not in the market for another GoPro.
My GoPro2 works fine, and I agree with mark_q (I think it was Mark) that I might not even do an upgrade on its firmware.
Based on the problems GoPro has had with the GoPro3, I'd wait.
Some users are already on their third camera!

Also, for some reason (I've read) the GoPro3's case weighs more than the GoPro2's, and the GoPro3 is supposed to be smaller.
I think total weight is still slightly less for GoPro3 + case.
Yes, with case it is almost the same weight, but the picture and video from a Black Edition compared with GoPro2 or a regular GoPro3 is big. I see some videos that they are showing the same pictures and footage and there is a big quality between then. GoPro2 and GoPro3 are almost the same, you almost can't see any changes on pictures or videos.
As now I start to do those pictures I need a GoPro3 for better quality.

Mauro

P.S.: Based on what they say about upgrade my GoPro2 I did not upgrade mine too. Will wait a few more months to do it. Also hear something about a bug on GoPro3 that is alredy fixed, will see when mine arrives. Hope to have some lucky due to my delivery time problem...
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:47 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
Update from GoPro support says they will replace my camera and not repair it. They claim they do not do repairs. I'm still not sure it's worth sending back to them or just returning to Amazon.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:56 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
prop question for 4s batteries

I broke a set of graupners today doing some low flying around trees. Previously I had used 3s batteries and recently made a large investment in some new 4s batteries. Now I'm wondering what my prop options are. I have a set of 8 inch DJI props to run while I order new props. What props are people running with big 4s batteries?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:03 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,709 Posts
Apc

Quote:
I broke a set of graupners today doing some low flying around trees. Previously I had used 3s batteries and recently made a large investment in some new 4s batteries. Now I'm wondering what my prop options are. I have a set of 8 inch DJI props to run while I order new props. What props are people running with big 4s batteries?
You know me, I like APCs.
9x4.7SF have performed well for me on 4S, and compared to Graupner$ they are economical.
I think 10" might cause motor temps to rise.
Mine are a little warm swinging the 9"...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: If You Don't See It Here...
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:18 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,195 Posts
Quote:
I use 10" Graupners on my F550 with 4s, F450 with 3s, and 10" and 3s on my TBS Discovery.

The only time I ever used 8" props was in Mexico when my F450 and 3s broke one of the stock 10" DJI props.

After putting on the 8" props the quad would barely fly and my flying weekend was over on the first day
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:28 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
It does not like the 8" DJI props I just put on. Shakes like crazy with hard throttle even after lowering the vertical gain from 160 to 130. I was hoping it would like the 8" enough to buy me a week or two.

Edit: I wonder if I should go with 9" graupners.