HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:04 PM
Joined Dec 2012
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJtr1954 View Post
IMHO....I don't think any of the End Points and Sub-Trims set, fail safe not set up correctly! All Trims @ Middle, (zero) Transmitter Set-Up in Assistant? RTM!....JJ
Im on the verge of that...
Driving me nuts.
Not happy about this whole multirotor deal.

Not getting what I was expecting out of this.

Never have issues with my foamies. Get it, build it test it fly it... 4 miles FPV run on the first weekend it wasn't raining (2 days later)

But I have too much money to just drop it all and quit. If I cant get at least one flight where it isnt trying to run off to parts unknown in a week....GRRRRRRRRRRR
alwaysconfused is offline Find More Posts by alwaysconfused
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:23 PM
NoLgs2StngArmsBigHeart!
USA, TX, Kilgore
Joined Apr 2010
601 Posts
Start from the beginning & READ the MANUAL & set it up that way!....JJ
JJtr1954 is offline Find More Posts by JJtr1954
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:34 PM
Joined Dec 2012
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJtr1954 View Post
Start from the beginning & READ the MANUAL & set it up that way!....JJ
I will do just exactly that one more time. If it doesn't work a third time....
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:03 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysconfused View Post
Since you're starting over, why not try the Hitec Tx, or another tx that your are familiar with. The frysky stuff is a PITA to set up. You might have a setting on there active that you're not aware of.
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:18 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Oct 2009
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
Since you're starting over, why not try the Hitec Tx, or another tx that your are familiar with. The frysky stuff is a PITA to set up. You might have a setting on there active that you're not aware of.
I think that might be a good idea. Or, just hook up a bunch of servos directly to the rx to check if something weird is going on.
1ooo0aks is offline Find More Posts by 1ooo0aks
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:23 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
He is doing the opposite of what I am doing! I am switching to foamy planes from my NAZA F450 he is doing the opposite. My F450 never gave me any problems and is rock solid stable. The problem is it became boring for me without having to make adjustments all the time. I am now assembling a SU35 it sure is a nice looking plane!. My NAZA is sitting on a shelf in my dark and cold closet I wonder if its getting lonely?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:38 PM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,502 Posts
I fly 3D foamies, a hex, and 2 quads ... never had any problems with any of them
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:44 PM
Linwood NJ USA
Joined Oct 2004
1,071 Posts
For anyone with a DX8 , I got this download from freechip . I couldn't get my radio programmed right, it was driving me crazy. Found his blog downloaded this to my radio . Just had to do the transmitter receiver failsafe. I mean everything works perfect, didn't have to do anything.. Switches setup everything.
Here's his blog for the download. I just had to copy to my computer then downloaded to the DX8 sd card. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1789552
mori55 is online now Find More Posts by mori55
Last edited by mori55; Jan 12, 2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:00 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysconfused View Post
I'll take it off your hands for $50.
kallend is online now Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:03 PM
NoLgs2StngArmsBigHeart!
USA, TX, Kilgore
Joined Apr 2010
601 Posts
$75....jj
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:40 PM
Joined Dec 2012
287 Posts
Ok here is the update. I spent a lot of time on this thing today and last night. In Atti mode it doesnt crash and I can get it to stay with in a 10ft circle as long as I keep my hands on the controller and tap it. The trims do not seem to be getting anything to change so I am thinking the gains? in manual mode it is..well as long as I fly it like a crazy plane with bad servos I can fly it a but but to keep from chopping up my dogs they had to be run into the house..lol

I currently have the gains at roughly 160pitch 160roll 140yaw and 135

I am waiting for my battery to recharge so I can get the exact numbers and what they are but thats it in a nut shell.

Most of what I found was I had to balance the motors...I noticed they were vibrating like mad never had that in any motor. The props (since I had switched them) were not balanced like the others so I did that..not a lot needed but enough to say they were balanced.

I am going to add the GPS and set the switched for that.
Biggest question for that would be.. what setting would be best suited for me? Knowing I am a noob what would be my best option.

And i need to set the gains nearly perfect for this thing and have the GPS running for it to mostly just hover in place and not drift down to buddy boys corner store with out me correcting its drift constantly?
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:18 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
As we all know, there is not much published data on the DJI motors.
When I last wanted to get some power system information for the DJI stuff, I searched for similar motors in hopes that their specifications were published.
What I found was (believe it or not) SunnySky/EP Buddy X2212-13.
We (me included) have done our share of kidding about these obscure motors, but it turns out they are pretty good motors.
Here's a link:
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=274
It turns out this motor is almost an exact match for the DJI motor.
And I have some of them that I'm planning to put on a DJI F550.
It looks longer, but its can & base are slightly elongated compared to the DJI motor's squatty profile.
The guts are practically the same.
This motor was tested by the respected Dr Kiwi.
Here is a link:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...10&postcount=8
The stuff Dr Kiwi performed answers some of your questions.
Here are some I'll specifically answer:
# of magnets = 14
# of poles = 12
ESC R = let eCalc use a default amt based on the size you select since we don't know
Prop Constant = let eCalc use a default amt based on the size you select since we don't know
There is an explanation in the Help area about Prop Constant.

If you read over the Dr Kiwi test, you'll notice that he prefers to use DriveCalc.
It is a little more complicated/detailed, IMO, that eCalc.
FWIW there are several more power system calculators on the web.
I hope this helps...
OK, putting in those data for my 450 with stock motors and DJI 1045 props I have to use a prop constant of 0.7 to match my observed hover flight time on a 3S 2500 LiPo.

Not sure if that makes sense.
kallend is online now Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:21 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,416 Posts
NAZA + GIMBAL geek question

Loving the ease of flying the NAZA, but have tried driving two gimbals with it, the setup seems pretty straight forward getting the gimbal centered and gain figured out.

But - the gimbal react a little slow. (works ok with HFG) seems in addition to the roll gain there should be a roll speed gain. ;-) Im probably missing something here.

Basically, if I on the table stick something under the LG, the gimbal goes to dead-accurate on the new angle. and at my manual slow roll-pitch works great. I stuck a laser-ponter on the gimbal and the dot stays nice on the wall. but if I roll it quickly, the laser-pointer will jump in the direction of the roll, then catch up when I stop the move.
- my interpretation is that the gimbal is "behind" and I guess Im looking for a way to speed up proceedings.?
Bo Lorentzen is online now Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:07 PM
NoLgs2StngArmsBigHeart!
USA, TX, Kilgore
Joined Apr 2010
601 Posts
Remember....3s-10" Props.....4s-8" Props.....JJ
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:51 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,541 Posts
Prop Constant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend View Post
OK, putting in those data for my 450 with stock motors and DJI 1045 props I have to use a prop constant of 0.7 to match my observed hover flight time on a 3S 2500 LiPo.

Not sure if that makes sense.
Get on eCalc for multirotors.
Click the Help pull down and read up on parameters.
It says prop constants are min 1.0, max 2.0.
And I'm not going to say what MC says...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Tx POI