SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:01 AM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
984 Posts
So STFU get everybody nervous and offended right??
While RTFM thrown in my face like if i was a brat is OK??
I've been flying planes and helis for 20 years and you think that i would miss a proper installation of the FC because of the foam tape thickness!!!!
I've been around Gyros for years.......
That is not help my friend.
Also have in mind that post count doesn't always speak the truth.
I rest my case.
Thanks for your time.
teopbako is offline Find More Posts by teopbako
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:08 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teopbako View Post
I've been flying planes and helis for 20 years and you think that i would miss a proper installation of the FC because of the foam tape thickness!!!!
I rest my case.
Thanks for your time.
I guess my question is do you want our help or not?? I agree that post count does not make or break your opinion. You are not talking about gyros, but 9 degrees of freedom, gyros, accelerometers, baro and GPS if you have it. That is a different animal.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:19 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
I rest my case.
Thanks for your time.
STFU doesn't bother me, the speculation part did. We are on the internet and cannot see your craft, cannot touch your craft, and cannot fly your craft. The only thing we can do is 'speculate' what the problem might be based on everything we have read and 'speculated' on in the thread since its birth. TJ, myself and a handful of other people can say with confidence that we have read 95% of all 16,000 posts here. We have seen the problem you are having and on more than one occasion the foam the Naza was mounted on was the problem. Naturally when we find yours is mounted on foam we would 'speculate' that once again this is the problem.

Remember we do not get paid to 'speculate' on behalf of DJI nor are we DJI representatives you phoned up that cannot help you. We are volunteers who love the hobby and have found a way to support it. These things are not simple machines with 2 moving parts as your heli experience should tell you. We might give you 5-10 things to try only to find out you have a lemon Naza from the factory. Hell TJ just went through that with his second Naza and we were all just throwing sht at the wall hoping something would stick... it never did so his second Naza went back to China and he ordered a third.

I have not nor will not say I know everything about a Naza, I doubt DJI even understands the thing. I will say I have spent WAY too much time studying it and will freely hand out that knowledge to anyone who wants to listen. It may not fix the problem the first time... or the second... or the third... but I will be there till the bitter end with you doing all of the same things myself and others have done to get it flying right.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:37 AM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
STFU doesn't bother me, the speculation part did. We are on the internet and cannot see your craft, cannot touch your craft, and cannot fly your craft. The only thing we can do is 'speculate' what the problem might be based on everything we have read and 'speculated' on in the thread since its birth. TJ, myself and a handful of other people can say with confidence that we have read 95% of all 16,000 posts here. We have seen the problem you are having and on more than one occasion the foam the Naza was mounted on was the problem. Naturally when we find yours is mounted on foam we would 'speculate' that once again this is the problem.

Remember we do not get paid to 'speculate' on behalf of DJI nor are we DJI representatives you phoned up that cannot help you. We are volunteers who love the hobby and have found a way to support it. These things are not simple machines with 2 moving parts as your heli experience should tell you. We might give you 5-10 things to try only to find out you have a lemon Naza from the factory. Hell TJ just went through that with his second Naza and we were all just throwing sht at the wall hoping something would stick... it never did so his second Naza went back to China and he ordered a third.

I have not nor will not say I know everything about a Naza, I doubt DJI even understands the thing. I will say I have spent WAY too much time studying it and will freely hand out that knowledge to anyone who wants to listen. It may not fix the problem the first time... or the second... or the third... but I will be there till the bitter end with you doing all of the same things myself and others have done to get it flying right.
Really appreciated the spirit of your responce.
Unfortunatelly RTFM is not part of it.
Or it might be the way i understand written english.
Anyway i apologise if anyone was offended but i keep expecting people to act the way i do.
That is offer help when i know what i am talking about or provide a speculation if i think i know what i am talking about.
In no way though i would ask anybody to RTFM in such a rude way.
But that is me.
teopbako is offline Find More Posts by teopbako
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:38 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
"but i keep expecting people to act the way i do" I wonder if anyone realy wants to?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:45 AM
Joined Aug 2012
137 Posts
NAZA USB connection problem

Gents I need your help,

I had a crash yesterday with one of my two quad (the one equipped with the NAZA-M). Crash cause is still unclear to me. In the wreckage we found one of the soldering powering the VU of the NAZA was broken. Is it the cuase of the crash? Don't know.
Now I wanted to put my NAZA on to my other quad. So I swapped the FC with the NAZA, rechecked all the connection between ESC and NAZA and tried to connect it to the PC to check for errors and get the gains back on X1 and X2.
So I connected the USB to the VU and then plugged the battery ON as I always did.
Green LED comes up, windows is giving me the USB connected "DONG" and then a second later, GREEN LED disapears and NAZA goes through the standard start up sequence normaly. Unable to go into the NAZA assistant since I cannot keep that USB connection.
Searched the forum and then tried the F1/F2 reset procedure. No problem there, It updates the NAZA as it should and then asks me to recycle the power of the NAZA. Same problem after the reset, green LED for a second, then normal start procedure...

Anybody allready had the problem? How could I solve this?
Thank you for your help.

Chewy
Chewwy00 is offline Find More Posts by Chewwy00
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:47 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,017 Posts
Well Said Guys...

Again, I appreciate your responses.
I feel like TahoeEd does about trying to help teopbako.
But I'm respecting his request and staying quiet.

To continue MCrites' and TahoeEd's viewpoints...
We throw out read the manual and follow instructions as a "tried and true" thing that we choose to rely on.
I think we all agree that the Naza Manual is pretty accurate if you can understand it.
I admit that I don't always follow the instructions, but when I don't, I understand that I choose to deviate from the "tried and true"
The consequences are my responsibility.
I choose not to mount the GPS module on the stalk as instructed.
I know in advance that there will probably be interference problems.
I don't post questions asking why I have interference.
I've had two bad crashes with my first Naza/GPS.
My GPS module is intact.
I feel dealing with the interference was worth it.
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:49 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I never read the manual, but of course MCrites already suspected this!
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:53 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Really appreciated the spirit of your responce.
Unfortunatelly RTFM is not part of it.
Or it might be the way i understand written english.
Anyway i apologise if anyone was offended but i keep expecting people to act the way i do.
That is offer help when i know what i am talking about or provide a speculation if i think i know what i am talking about.
In no way though i would ask anybody to RTFM in such a rude way.
But that is me.
Such a rude way? I said don't mount it on foam, then went as far and pulling up the manual, getting the page number for you then quoting it. I then included a RTFM PLZ picture (notice the PLZ part...) that is intended to be funny because it shows a pilot in the air reading the manual! I guess we all see humor and offensive materials in different ways and for that I am sorry.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:55 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I never read the manual, but of course MCrites already suspected this!
I suspected that you used it for toilet paper then proceeded to assemble your multi using duct tape and paste.

Mmmmm... paste used to be so delicious in kindergarten. Now that I think about it, that make explain a few things my therapist should be aware of.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:00 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewwy00 View Post
Gents I need your help,

I had a crash yesterday with one of my two quad (the one equipped with the NAZA-M). Crash cause is still unclear to me. In the wreckage we found one of the soldering powering the VU of the NAZA was broken. Is it the cuase of the crash? Don't know.
Now I wanted to put my NAZA on to my other quad. So I swapped the FC with the NAZA, rechecked all the connection between ESC and NAZA and tried to connect it to the PC to check for errors and get the gains back on X1 and X2.
So I connected the USB to the VU and then plugged the battery ON as I always did.
Green LED comes up, windows is giving me the USB connected "DONG" and then a second later, GREEN LED disapears and NAZA goes through the standard start up sequence normaly. Unable to go into the NAZA assistant since I cannot keep that USB connection.
Searched the forum and then tried the F1/F2 reset procedure. No problem there, It updates the NAZA as it should and then asks me to recycle the power of the NAZA. Same problem after the reset, green LED for a second, then normal start procedure...

Anybody allready had the problem? How could I solve this?
Thank you for your help.

Chewy
When you say that after you do the F1/F2 reset something asks you to recycle the power of the Naza, how are you seeing that if you can't connect to the Assistant?
Was the solder connection to the VU broken or melted?
Broken = impact strike
Melted = current overload
Either way, I think that the USB connection on your VU may be damaged.
FWIW, a VU is cheap.
Hope my "speculations" help some...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:03 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
I suspected that you used it for toilet paper then proceeded to assemble your multi using duct tape and paste.

Mmmmm... paste used to be so delicious in kindergarten. Now that I think about it, that make explain a few things my therapist should be aware of.
You have a therapist????? I hope you dont own a Bushmaster as well?
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:04 AM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Jun 2011
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedfish View Post
I flew a few flights today in some grey weather. It was hard to make out the color of the arms and I almost lost my orientation a few times. I really need to add some LED's for the purpose of telling orientation. What are others doing about this?
Check out Flytron. They are very bright and strobe, rated at 50mAh. Their postal service was cheap and efficeint.

I tried HK strip LEDS and while they are cheap and they help, they are not sufficient if you are looking against glare, and they take a lot more battery power than the above LED strobe.
helidex is offline Find More Posts by helidex
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:16 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
When you say that after you do the F1/F2 reset something asks you to recycle the power of the Naza, how are you seeing that if you can't connect to the Assistant?
Broken = impact strike
FWIW, a VU is cheap.
Also, you can try a different startup sequence. I believe I always plug the naza in to the flight batt first, wait for the startup sequence LEDs, then connect the USB, then start the assistant sw. I know others have various sequences, but that has a lways worked for me. But first thought would be that VU connection like TJ says. When you say the soldering was broken, do you mean your soldering to the power source? Or internal soldering? If it was your soldering, I assume you repaired that and have a good connection there. In that case it may be the internal connection.
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:19 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
Broken = impact strike
FWIW, a VU is cheap.
I agree it sounds like a dead VU. For $16 it's a great place to start. If you have a voltmeter you can try some continuity checks around the VU in the meantime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
You have a therapist????? I hope you dont own a Bushmaster as well?
I don't own any Bushmaster products... but Beretta, Winchester, Colt, Kel-Tec, S&W and Daisey have all received my money recently.