SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:28 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Hey guys I have a question. When I am just hovering with my Y6 that has a Naza on it. If I yaw any direction one of my arms will lift up and make it spin at a wierd angle which causes it to drift alot. Why doesn't it just spin flat like my quad does or is this a characteristic of a Y6? Also are my yaw gain just to high or low?
Typically a Y6 will require a higher YAW gain than the rest of the gains.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:34 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
I don't like the extended landing gear that attaches to the arms as that just puts more stress on the mounting points. I know the arms are designed to be break-away but I prefer it mounted to the frame itself.
I have the extended legs on my quad and the plate mounted gear on my hex. The plate mounted center gear on the hex is a lot more "tippy" so it takes a bit more attention to land it on uneven ground.

On the quad the legs often catch in the grass and make takeoff a bit trickier and in even a small sideways "crash" the exended legs catch and usually break one of the DJI legs. It is very easy to land however.

I'd like to see some examples of good plate mounted landing gear that I could switch my quad to. Alternative, I might switch it over to a TBS Discovery to get rid of the legs completely.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:44 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
Love the setup! That's very cool. Glad to see someone else using heli skids for landing gear. I bolted on a set of T-Rex 500e skids and it works perfectly. I'm going to raise them with standoffs - much like what you have on yours - so I have ground clearance for a longer antenna as well as the GoPro. I've been brainstorming on how to mount the GoPro and where to put it. Not sure what I'm going to do quite yet but I'm sure inspiration will strike once I get to the shop.
I've used the Align skids and they are great. I needed something taller though so I bought the LG parts for the HK H.A.L. Quad:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ame_585mm.html

Go to the parts section and you can get them all for $15. These Landing gear are strong enough for what I need and really easy to modify for any quad and any height. Check it out
mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:01 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
Go to the parts section and you can get them all for $15. These Landing gear are strong enough for what I need and really easy to modify for any quad and any height. Check it out
Thanks, but of course HK is out of stock of most of the items, as usual. Looks like a nice light setup though.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:05 PM
Canada, ON, Ajax
Joined Jul 2011
365 Posts
I have this style leg on my X650 and it comes in a mounting system that is made to adapt to other frames, I put the adapted version on my X650 Spyder. I didn't need/want the extra height so I just cut them down. They work great in both applications and I would recomend Jeff from RCHeliCanada.com.

http://www.rchelicanada.com/rc-multi...prod_1841.html
Birdman4498 is offline Find More Posts by Birdman4498
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:04 AM
United States, FL, Miami Beach
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Santa came early.... Got a NAZA and GPS! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!. 1000 times better then the Rabbit I used to have. Here is GPS hold in 15 knot wind... Rock Solid. Failsafe is awesome too.

NAZA GPS Spidex! (0 min 33 sec)
dc9guy is offline Find More Posts by dc9guy
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:17 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Senior Tech #1: How To Master Texting - CONAN on TBS (2 min 14 sec)
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:43 AM
multi rotors,foamies,car lover
Joined Dec 2008
1,462 Posts
Hi again , i have question about the manual failsafe i have set my 3 postion switch already and add the gear channel for the fail so i can use whenever i want in any mode but 3rd failsafe is on the corner of the screen and i can see the word faisafe appear so is it necessary to have the failsafe in the blue ? thanks
windfou is offline Find More Posts by windfou
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:15 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,017 Posts
Probably Need To See Blue Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by windfou View Post
Hi again , i have question about the manual failsafe i have set my 3 postion switch already and add the gear channel for the fail so i can use whenever i want in any mode but 3rd failsafe is on the corner of the screen and i can see the word faisafe appear so is it necessary to have the failsafe in the blue ? thanks
It sounds like you are at the edge of the Failsafe range and the Assistant is not completely recognizing it.
Try adjusting your endpoint on the Failsafe switch to see if the wording "Failsafe" and the blue bar in the Failsafe range will both appear...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:35 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfou View Post
What TJ said... adjust the endpoint until the slider is under the word failsafe and it turns blue. Unless it does that, it won't be active.

Just thought I'd mention too... I flew my E-Flite mQX for the first time in a long time yesterday at lunch. Wow, talk about twitchy! It took me a few minutes to get the hang of it again. I'm so used to the smooth characteristics of the Naza as well as the self-levelling properties that I was all over the place at first! I need to fly it more often to keep my thumbs and brain programmed.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:49 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Typically a Y6 will require a higher YAW gain than the rest of the gains.
Hmm that could be the problem then lol considering my yaw gain is the lowest of the 3. But when I set it to high will it shaksomething? I also havnt even set my pitch and roll gains high enough to cause any wobble yet so I should probably see how high my gains can go.
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
What TJ said... adjust the endpoint until the slider is under the word failsafe and it turns blue. Unless it does that, it won't be active.

Just thought I'd mention too... I flew my E-Flite mQX for the first time in a long time yesterday at lunch. Wow, talk about twitchy! It took me a few minutes to get the hang of it again. I'm so used to the smooth characteristics of the Naza as well as the self-levelling properties that I was all over the place at first! I need to fly it more often to keep my thumbs and brain programmed.

naza autolevel mode is too slow for a experienced pilot and i use manual mode 90% of the time lol i have a clone mqx ladybird and you can not crash with this little thing because the autolevel is always there so its hard to be agressive so i fly at 60% control , if you try to start to learn with lower value its not good when you have wind you can lose it very easy , at 40% i can stay there with my key chain and it wont move alot if the wind is calm .
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
It sounds like you are at the edge of the Failsafe range and the Assistant is not completely recognizing it.
Try adjusting your endpoint on the Failsafe switch to see if the wording "Failsafe" and the blue bar in the Failsafe range will both appear...
I cant that why i ask the question if you set one side the other side will disapear
even if try to split equal in % , anyway will see if can change my configuration , i am stuck since a week about this problem
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:03 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,017 Posts
Naza #2 Has Started Its Homecoming Trip

I communicated with UAV Products today, and the defective Naza I purchased from them has been sent back to China for warranty service.
It will be interesting to see how long this takes...
If the defective Naza had been my first one, I wonder if the experience I'm going through on the second one would have completely soured me on DJI/Naza?
I'm afraid I'd be livid...
Right now I'm amused & confused...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:08 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
I communicated with UAV Products today, and the defective Naza I purchased from them has been sent back to China for warranty service.
It will be interesting to see how long this takes...
If the defective Naza had been my first one, I wonder if the experience I'm going through on the second one would have completely soured me on DJI/Naza?
I'm afraid I'd be livid...
Right now I'm amused & confused...
my naza work but i hope my gps work too