HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:41 PM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
Since several pages back you were advised to up the idle speed, is it safe to assume that you have?

If you have, and you still have motors failing to start simultaneously, you need to consider the variables that you have introduced into your Naza situation:
1. You are using ESCs that are not OEM as far as DJI is concerned.
That could mean that your motors will never start up simultaneously. I know many pilots want something more, but FWIW, the DJI ESCs are not that bad. (If you were talking to DJI, I bet they'd say, "Use our ESCs and your motors will behave.")
2. You proved with your video that the airframe still flies pretty well in spite of a non-simultaneous motor start-up. (BTW, that's the best indoor hovering I've seen with a Naza FC). So, maybe, you've reached the best case scenario for your configuratiuon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajonate View Post
I see a lot of red flashes (low battery), but while explaining which motor is spinning and which not, I could not see the blinking orange/yellow light for Atti mode. Are you flying in manual mode? Maybe because of that you have a drop while yawing,since in manual mode there is no auto correction.
The reason it wasn't blinking in the beginning was bc I forgot to turn on my radio 1st yeah I know bad idea and honestly I never do that but I guess I just got caught up in making the video.

The frame doesn't fly we'll in my book lol it's in atti mode and flies ok but is unflyable in manual.
I havnt had a chance to change the motor mixer speed yet bc I'm working a 24 hr shift so hopefully tommorow afternoon I can mess with it.
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:45 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,195 Posts
I Have That Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
Good to know! maybe I will add 2-3 navigation strobes as well. They have some nice stuff here http://www.flytron.com/rc-light-syst...obe-green.html

TJ should take a look! these strobes will really make his and my quad easy to spot at great distance!. The prices for this stuff are good as well!
The RC Lights LEDs that I have on the F550 come in a strobe option.
I chose to use constant LEDs because at a distance I wnat to be able to discern the VU LED from the others.
It's the only one that will be "sparking"...
I've got two red left, two green right, and one white front.
The VU is where I like it, in the rear.
And if you read anything into that statement, so help me, I'll never answer a PM from you again!
They are so bright that you're warned not to look directly at them up close.
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Nov 14, 2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Being cute...
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:47 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,195 Posts
I meant what I said though

Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
The reason it wasn't blinking in the beginning was bc I forgot to turn on my radio 1st yeah I know bad idea and honestly I never do that but I guess I just got caught up in making the video.

The frame doesn't fly we'll in my book lol it's in atti mode and flies ok but is unflyable in manual.
I havnt had a chance to change the motor mixer speed yet bc I'm working a 24 hr shift so hopefully tommorow afternoon I can mess with it.
The last guy's indoor video we watched scared me that he might cut his leg.
The airframe was skittering all around in ground effect...

From your flying style, I suspect you're not a big fan of EXPO.
But many of the guys that fly Manual most of the time use a considerable amount.
It seems to settle the craft well...
I personally use as little as I can get away with.

I fly Naza with my JR9303H.
There's no ratchet on the throttle stick.
I also use a transmitter tray and pinch the sticks instead of thumbing them.
Those points help me fly with a more steady hand...
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Nov 14, 2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:05 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
xxx
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Last edited by goldsworthy; Nov 16, 2012 at 08:51 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:56 AM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,195 Posts
Not 2...

"Next week I will be starting my new job! I am hoping this second job will supplement my pizza delivery income! I wish to be like TJ and have 2 NAZAs!"
I'm afraid what I actually have is 1 + 0 NAZAs...
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:15 PM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Jun 2011
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I just got a lipo I ordered from HK. I wanted it for LED lights can someone look at this and give me a idea how long and how many 4 light strips this battery will light up? here are the numbers- Capacity(mAh) 1450
Config(s) 3
Discharge(c) 1
Weight(g) 95
Max Charge Rate (C) 1
Length-A(mm) 93
Height-B(mm) 40
Width-C(mm) 14
For a 3cell lipo this battery feels so light I thought the box was empty! . It was sold as a transmitter battery but I have high hope I can use it for the lights Opinions? THANKS!http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9787
Seems like your original question is answered, but in case you have not considered it, you need a resistor in series with the LED, or run the risk of short circuit to the lipo if one or more LEDS expire. Some led's have them and some don't. Some good info on LED's

I hope the pay is good for your new job.
helidex is online now Find More Posts by helidex
Last edited by helidex; Nov 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:33 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,195 Posts
He's OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by helidex View Post
Seems like your original question is answered, but in case you have not considered it, you need a resistor in series with the LED, or run the risk of short circuit to the lipo if one or more LEDS expire. Some led's have them and some don't. Some good info on LED's
He sent me a video of his battery time test using several of his 4 LED modules.
The module apparently has the proper R wired into the circuitry.
My RC Lights LEDs have an R in the connection harness.
I stupidly forgot about the R requirement when I was checking LEDs for color. Burned up two reds straight away...
Thanks for the reminder!
And thanks for the link. There's a lot of good information there...
I added the link to my blog...
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Nov 15, 2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:22 PM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,340 Posts
A lil off subject but figured you guys might like my pet Arctic fox!
Scout My Pet Arctic Fox! (Whoomp there it is) (must watch) (3 min 58 sec)
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:19 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,195 Posts
Science Fair Project Night 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
As I dismantle....
I'm going to try u2builder's F1/F2 suggestion.
Then I'm going to try your suggestion & disconnect all the motors/ESC leads and try to connect.
Then, I'll probably try to connect to just the powered up Naza with no receiver.
These things were all on my "might void warranty" list.
Now, like you said, I've got nothing to lose.
Okay, the second testing phase has begun!
I have commitments tonight that came up, and I won't be able to get through every test we've planned, but I'm sorry to say:

u2builder's hypothesis did not prove successful:
Note: Assistant is running on computer through all of this...
I jumpered F1 to F2, powered transmitter and Naza, and connected the Naza to the USB cable.
The result was the same...
USB Device Not Recognized One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message.

For good measure, I did the F1 to F2 jumper again, powered the transmitter and Naza, powered down the Naza & transmitter, disconnected F1 to F2 jumper.
I then powered the transmitter and Naza, connected the Naza to the USB cable.
USB Device Not Recognized One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message.

So, there's no reset procedure or sequence that seems to work.
I will keep the jumper available to try as I systematically disconnect ESCs and then ESCs and receiver tomorrow night.

Continuing tonight with where we left off last night:
I disconnected the GPS Module.

I tried the F1/F2 reset.

I disconnected the ESCs.

I disconnected the receiver.

So, I think I've tried almost everything everyone was wondering about before I was willing to risk voiding my warranty.
Unfortunately, nothing seems to have been contributing to the problem but Prince Naza.
As for him, Naza #2, he's boxed up with his VU buddy ready to go back to UAVP tomorrow. From there he gets to return to the land of his birth.
I still do not want to consider placing Naza #1 on the F550 frame, so.....

In the meantime, u2builder has reminded me how short life is (thanks, u2!), and I have ordered Naza #3 so that I don't have to wait weeks or months for Naza #2 to return from his homeland excursion.

I wonder how many of us do this? DJI has it figured out. They sell an additional Naza for every one they manufacture that's defective because we can't stand to wait. Pretty shrewd.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:01 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
xxx
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Last edited by goldsworthy; Nov 16, 2012 at 08:51 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:09 PM
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Dec 2009
818 Posts
So TJ, you didn't want to try connecting the Naza #2 to your F450 to see is it going to be recognized?
pajonate is offline Find More Posts by pajonate
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:29 AM
United States, PA, Norristown
Joined May 2012
578 Posts
I am having the same problem with my naza after being able to connect maybe a week ago. I've made no changes to my setup and it tells me it cannot recognise the quad.

Luckily I have a 2nd naza and plugged that in and it works, so any info on if it could be the FC or the BEC let me know

-Jeng
Jengaleng is offline Find More Posts by Jengaleng
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:03 AM
Türkiye, Ankara
Joined Nov 2009
88 Posts
Hi there.
After long term succesfull fligths with my naza+gps, yesterday My hexa just got outof control and crashed. I annot figureout why or how. During fligth it moved back than back left and then back left and crashed. I have recorded the beginning of the situation but camera coudnt save the rest of the video. Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HlvR...L134uD1iXwX39A

I have asked about this to DJI support the answer was : "Contact your dealer"

Any ideas?

The conf:
Hexa T motor 710 kv
Opto 30 A Esc
10000 mah 3s1p lipo
13x6 carbone props
kamera gimbal
sundust is offline Find More Posts by sundust
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:23 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundust View Post
Hi there.
After long term succesfull fligths with my naza+gps, yesterday My hexa just got outof control and crashed. I annot figureout why or how. During fligth it moved back than back left and then back left and crashed. I have recorded the beginning of the situation but camera coudnt save the rest of the video. Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HlvR...L134uD1iXwX39A

I have asked about this to DJI support the answer was : "Contact your dealer"

Any ideas?

The conf:
Hexa T motor 710 kv
Opto 30 A Esc
10000 mah 3s1p lipo
13x6 carbone props
kamera gimbal
Were you in GPS mode when it crashed.
FlyingMcCoy is online now Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member