HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:41 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
[xx
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Last edited by goldsworthy; Nov 14, 2012 at 08:22 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:48 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
My teeth whitening really helped!
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:20 PM
multi rotors,foamies,car lover
Joined Dec 2008
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike25 View Post
Yes. Traditional mode
thanks
windfou is offline Find More Posts by windfou
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:16 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,200 Posts
I Still Have A Non-Functioning Naza

Well, it's time for a recap.
And I apologize to you lover's of brief posts. But this latest problem has mushroomed...
To avoid the lengthy post rehashing, I'm going to share with you some emails that sum up the entire adventure so far...
When I first tried to connect to the Assistant and failed, I sent DJI this email:
I'm trying to program my new Naza FC that I've installed on a F550 frame. To make sure that everything with the Assistant was working, I connected my F450/Naza, that I've been flying all year,up to the computer and everything was recognized correctly. I then switched my transmitter model to the new F550, and powered it and then the Naza up. I got the startup tones and rapid red flashes like a battery warning. I then plugged the usb in and got a few green flashes and then no lights whatsoever. A message came up at the bottom of my screen. It says: USB Device Not Recognized One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message. Please let me know what to try to get the new Naza working.
DJI answered:
Pls try with another PC or USB port see if it is working.
I sent back:
Only one PC.
I’ve tried other USB ports.
Same problem.
Why will the computer, drivers, & Assistant recognize the Naza on my F450 and not the other Naza on my new F550?

DJI answered:
You mean 1 naza is working fine with your PC?
If yes, pls jumper F1 and F2 of the defected Naza, then connect to Assistant.

I answered to DJI and copied UAV Products:
I have tried a second computer.
The F450 (Naza #1) will connect to it.
The F550 (Naza #2) will not.
The behavior is the same as with my first computer.
I have tried the F1 to F2 jumper on Naza #2.
It does not help, and Naza #2 will not connect to either computer.
I have ordered a VU from your dealer GotHeliRC to see if replacing the VU on Naza #2 will make a difference.
I purchased Naza #1 and Naza #2 from UAV Products.
UAV Products did not have a VU in stock.
If the new VU does not work, I will get in touch with UAV Products about warranty service.
I hope UAV Products is following this issue as I try to figure out what is wrong…

UAV Products answered:
Its most likely a bad VU unit.
Tonight I sent DJI and UAV Products:
Hello:
I have installed the new VU on my airframe and reconnected everything.
I have carefully checked my connections.
1. Turn on transmitter
2. Power Naza #2.
3. Rapid red LED flashing
4. Open Assistant
5. Connect USB
6. Several dim green LED flashes and then no LED
7. Same Warning appears: USB Device Not Recognized One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message.
8. I went to Device Manager on my computer and tried to manually update the driver (I am seeing a Code 43 Error Notice) = no change
9. I Uninstalled the driver and tried to install again = no change
Note: When I go through the Driver Installation process, and the window where it depicts files transferring (flying through the air)appears, it only quickly flashes and nothing seems to load. The successful driver installation window does appear though.
10. I can still connect to my original Naza #1.

I would really appreciate your assistance.
As you can see, I have tried everything I can think of, what you have suggested, and what others have told me to try.
Robert, I will call you tomorrow to discuss this situation.
Thanks,
TJ Gilbert

I AM LOST!
I don't know what else to do.
Perhaps the Naza FC is bad.
I can't understand why other multiple Naza users are not experiencing this problem.
FWIW I'm using Windows 7 (both computers).
I'm not an IT person, but I am an ME, and have gone about this troubleshooting as systematically as I can.

FWIW when I did the F1 to F2 jumper reset, I connected F1/F2, powered up, heard 70/min beeps, disconnected F1/F2 (beeps continued) and powered down. I then connected USB per usual and no luck. I also left F1/F2 connected, powered down, disconnected F1/F2. I then connected USB per usual and no luck. I did not leave F1/F2 connected while trying to connect USB. Should I have tried that too? It seems counter-intuitive to leave the reset connected while trying the USB connection. I could still do that. As you can see, I'm grasping at straws...

I just hope Robert at UAV Products has encountered something like this and can help.
The only saving grace is that I have cautiously guarded the integrity of my original Naza (Naza #1), and it is still functioning properly.
I have not lost faith in the Naza FC.
This FC is the most enjoyable system I have found for AP/AV and hobby flying.
I trust that there will be a solution to this snafu.
(And that's my commercial moment for you warranty conscious posters...)
And, yes, this still sucks!
T J Gilbert is online now Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Nov 13, 2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: There is n way to say all this tactfully...
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:05 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
TJ, sounds like a faulty Naza. If you of all people can't get it working then its broke. Direct Robert to your post count in this thread and request a replacement. He is a stand up guy and would probably send you a replacement WHILE yours is en route to him if you ask for it. Might get you in the air a few days faster.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:12 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,200 Posts
Thanks, MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
TJ, sounds like a faulty Naza. If you of all people can't get it working then its broke. Direct Robert to your post count in this thread and request a replacement. He is a stand up guy and would probably send you a replacement WHILE yours is en route to him if you ask for it. Might get you in the air a few days faster.
I appreciate your kind words. And I guess I'm frustrated because what you said is fairly true. I'm just trying hard to stay objective about this, and look at it as a learning experience (maybe for all of us).

In the meantime, to cut down on the whining, I'm breaking out the wine, and taking the rest of the night off.

Life's still good...
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: P2V High Aerials
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:15 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
I'm two deep into the rum tonight myself. Kick your feet up and take in the sounds of life! Let the people we pay for service handle your Naza woes tomorrow.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:23 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
[xxx
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Last edited by goldsworthy; Nov 14, 2012 at 08:22 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:29 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,200 Posts
Hello GW!

They're going to scold us again for using this thread as social media, but so what...
Glad you're out there listening...

Had to use "so what" because RCG wouldn't let me use my first choice...

I don't think I've ever said it, because I tread lightly and try not to offend, but why can posters use RTFM?
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Nov 13, 2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Recollection's getting cloudy... time for bed....
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:48 PM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,341 Posts
Hey everyone here's the vid of my problem please help.
DJI naza Y6 problems. i explain in video (2 min 48 sec)
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:00 PM
ehx
Northern Minnesota
Joined Oct 2001
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
Well, it's time for a recap.
10. I can still connect to my original Naza #1.

I don't know what else to do.
Perhaps the Naza FC is bad.
:
If your original Naza connects fine then your computer is OK. No need to mess with it.

It seems a new VU unit didn't help so that leaves the Naza. To check it simply replace the old Naza on your 450 with the new one and see if you get anywhere. You just need to make the connections temporarily. You don't have to really mount it. Should only take a few minutes to check.
ehx is offline Find More Posts by ehx
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:14 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,200 Posts
Start-up =/=

Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SZDrYO3Ve0s
Since several pages back you were advised to up the idle speed, is it safe to assume that you have?

If you have, and you still have motors failing to start simultaneously, you need to consider the variables that you have introduced into your Naza situation:
1. You are using ESCs that are not OEM as far as DJI is concerned.
That could mean that your motors will never start up simultaneously. I know many pilots want something more, but FWIW, the DJI ESCs are not that bad. (If you were talking to DJI, I bet they'd say, "Use our ESCs and your motors will behave.")
2. You proved with your video that the airframe still flies pretty well in spite of a non-simultaneous motor start-up. (BTW, that's the best indoor hovering I've seen with a Naza FC). So, maybe, you've reached the best case scenario for your configuratiuon...
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: P2V High Aerials
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:51 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehx View Post
If your original Naza connects fine then your computer is OK. No need to mess with it.

It seems a new VU unit didn't help so that leaves the Naza. To check it simply replace the old Naza on your 450 with the new one and see if you get anywhere. You just need to make the connections temporarily. You don't have to really mount it. Should only take a few minutes to check.
I've been at the point you are suggesting before.
I understand that I could easily take the working Naza, put it on the F550 frame, and see if everything works.
And I suspect it would.
Yes, that would prove that the non-working Naza is the culprit.
But (and this is a BIG BUT) I might be sacrificing the working Naza to some driver flaws/errors that only a coder can deal with.
And I still suspect that I have two perfectly good Nazas and there is some driver loading/sharing error looming here.
I'm content to maintain that one Naza working is better than two Nazas not working.
And, I'll leave that Naza on my trusty F450 AV platform, thank-you.
All the bugs are not out of this FC yet, and we are still all beta testers.
Read the threads if you don't believe me.
The DJI customer service/dealers will quickly tell you that what I'm experiencing is not supposed to happen.
That means I have an unusual/out-of-the-ordinary case and logic is out the window until an experienced IT/coder person steps in and says "this is the way things are".
Much of this is the way DJI chooses to deal with its proprietary algorithms and troubleshooting.
Look at how vague they are w.r.t. the F1 to F2 reset.
No one knows the exact procedure.
DJI has just said "try this".
I'm forced to work on their playing field, so I choose to not be forthcoming in sacrificing perfectly good FCs.
Sorry, but "been there, done that"...
I have gone way beyond what should be expected in troubleshooting an FC.
Most posters (like many I assist every day) would have cried "warranty!" long before I have.
Let's just all wait and see how UAVP and DJI choose to deal with this.
Check my posting record.
I'll report back with the facts.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Nov 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:52 PM
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Dec 2009
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SZDrYO3Ve0s
I see a lot of red flashes (low battery), but while explaining which motor is spinning and which not, I could not see the blinking orange/yellow light for Atti mode. Are you flying in manual mode? Maybe because of that you have a drop while yawing,since in manual mode there is no auto correction.
pajonate is offline Find More Posts by pajonate
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:00 PM
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Dec 2009
818 Posts
TJ, maybe it's better unplug the cables from the good Naza, connect them to the new Naza, so now you have a F450 with F450 motors/ESCs, with a known working F450 VU, and only thing that is new is the new Naza. This way the old Naza (good one), will not even leave it's position from the lower plate on the F450.
The whole switch is quite easy, since you will just unplug and re-plug the servo extension cables between the two Nazas. The new one doesn't need to be mounted at all.
This can tell you is your new Naza good or bad. This way chanses to screw something up are close to null.

Going the other way around is more trickier, and I would also not recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
I've been at the point you are suggesting before.
I understand that I could easily take the working Naza, put it on the F550 frame, and see if everything works.
And I suspect it would.
Yes, that would prove that the non-working Naza is the culprit.
But (and this is a BIG BUT) I might be sacrificing the working Naza to some driver flaws/errors that only a coder can deal with.
And I still suspect that I have two perfectly good Nazas and there is some driver loading/sharing error looming here.
I'm content to maintain that one Naza working is better than two Nazas not working.
All the bugs are not out of this FC yet, and we are still all beta testers.
Read the threads if you don't believe me.
The DJI customer service/dealers will quickly tell you that what I'm experiencing is not supposed to happen.
That means I have an unusual/out-of-the-ordinary case and logic is out the window until an experienced IT/coder person steps in and says "this is the way things are".
Much of this is the way DJI chooses to deal with its proprietary algorithms and troubleshooting.
I'm forced to work on their playing field, so I choose to not be forthcoming in sacrificing perfectly good FCs.
Sorry, but "been there, done that"...
I have gone way beyond what should be expected in troubleshooting an FC.
Most posters (like many I assist every day) would have cried "warranty!" long before I have.
Let's just all wait and see how UAVP and DJI choose to deal with this.
Check my posting record.
I'll report back with the facts.
pajonate is offline Find More Posts by pajonate