SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:08 PM
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Hypto,
when you calibrate the stick travel through the Assistant, be sure to check if the stick movement moves the sliders in right directions.
It is easy for the yaw (rudder) and roll (aileron). Left movement of the stick moves the slider to left, and right stick moves slider to right. pushing the throttle/elevator forward pushes the slider to right, pushing throttle/elevator back (towards yourself) moves the slider to left.
If any of those are not set up right, you need to revert them with the switches next to each command.
I was troubleshooting a F450 for a friend who told me he calibrated everything on his quad through the Assistant, and I believed he did all the thing (it was his first time doing so).
I tried my usual power combo, down throttle/elevator and left rudder/aileron. No response, just two orange lights when I apply the command (sound similar?). The I tried down throttle/elevator right rudder/aileron, and the quad powered fine.
So, in short, I had to revert the elevator I think, or some of the other controls, and everything went fine from there on.

Try checking your stick movement.
Pajo
pajonate is offline Find More Posts by pajonate
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:28 PM
Joined Aug 2011
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajonate View Post
Hypto,
when you calibrate the stick travel through the Assistant, be sure to check if the stick movement moves the sliders in right directions.
It is easy for the yaw (rudder) and roll (aileron). Left movement of the stick moves the slider to left, and right stick moves slider to right. pushing the throttle/elevator forward pushes the slider to right, pushing throttle/elevator back (towards yourself) moves the slider to left.
If any of those are not set up right, you need to revert them with the switches next to each command.
I was troubleshooting a F450 for a friend who told me he calibrated everything on his quad through the Assistant, and I believed he did all the thing (it was his first time doing so).
I tried my usual power combo, down throttle/elevator and left rudder/aileron. No response, just two orange lights when I apply the command (sound similar?). The I tried down throttle/elevator right rudder/aileron, and the quad powered fine.
So, in short, I had to revert the elevator I think, or some of the other controls, and everything went fine from there on.

Try checking your stick movement.
Pajo
I have all the sticks and sliders matched up.

But...

There was a bit of weirdness. Channel one is supposed to be hooked up to "A" for Aileron right but in the Assistant it moved the rudder instead. Vice - versa for the rudder. So I switched them in the mixer section on the TX. I'm wondering if this is part of the problem.
Hyptomenos is offline Find More Posts by Hyptomenos
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:55 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,293 Posts
That would be a definite issue. Make the move and then recalibrate and see it that works for you.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:07 AM
Joined Aug 2011
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
That would be a definite issue. Make the move and then recalibrate and see it that works for you.
Here's the thing; the outs of the RX are hooked up to the correct inputs on the MC. I'm going to take a closer look at my TX settings.
Hyptomenos is offline Find More Posts by Hyptomenos
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:27 AM
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyptomenos View Post
I have all the sticks and sliders matched up.

But...

There was a bit of weirdness. Channel one is supposed to be hooked up to "A" for Aileron right but in the Assistant it moved the rudder instead. Vice - versa for the rudder.
Haha, quite contradictory statements. If you had the sticks and sliders matched up, how the aileron was moving the rudder slider, and vice versa?
Anyhow, good luck, and I hope that was the reason for your problem.

PS. Try to make a new model on your Tx, clean and with default settings.

Take care.
pajonate is offline Find More Posts by pajonate
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:28 AM
Australia, NSW, Marsfield
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajonate View Post
Haha, quite contradictory statements. If you had the sticks and sliders matched up, how the aileron was moving the rudder slider, and vice versa?
Anyhow, good luck, and I hope that was the reason for your problem.

Take care.
it would account for why the double blinks, and no motor start...
rcroadtrain is offline Find More Posts by rcroadtrain
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:59 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
I need help please. I just put my naza on a freshly built y6 . I'm having a problem. When I start my motors only my right arm top and bottom, back bottom, and left bottom start. Then if I give it like a 1/3 throttle my left upper and back upper will start to spin. I'm using simonk flashed escs can anyone help or know what's going on?
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:01 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
I need help please. I just put my naza on a freshly built y6 . I'm having a problem. When I start my motors only my right arm top and bottom, back bottom, and left bottom start. Then if I give it like a 1/3 throttle my left upper and back upper will start to spin. I'm using simonk flashed escs can anyone help or know what's going on?
Calibrate your endpoints/throttle. You can also try the higher RPM startup in the assistant.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:09 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Calibrate your endpoints/throttle. You can also try the higher RPM startup in the assistant.
How do I calibrate my end points on my throttle?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:11 PM
Czech Republic
Joined Feb 2012
9 Posts
problem

Hello,
I have very special problem with Naza too.
When I put Naza to my small X-copter ( E-max CF 2822, turnigy plush 12A) itīs working great.
If I put it to my greater X-copter ( DT750, turnigy plush 18A), I have big problems with motor response. Sometime I have 50% on stick, but engine speed is 25%, next time engine speed rise to 75% and I have 50% on stick too.
Sometime I have full throttle, but engines speed is 40%.
Copter do what he wants.
I dont understand it.
Have someone some advice that will help me?
Thank you
Semis is offline Find More Posts by Semis
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:12 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
How do I calibrate my end points on my throttle?
http://bit.ly/QC2naB
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:39 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
Ok I calibrated the 2 escs that arnt starting with the rest and still no change. I'm using skull copter Simon k flashed escs. Anyone know? I have to move my throttle to almost 1/2 before the 2 escs will start to spin to catch up with the others.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:41 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Did you change the idle speed to High in the assistant?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:17 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Did you change the idle speed to High in the assistant?
+2 That is what I had to do.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:20 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,853 Posts
Hi all..!

First flight .. first take-off... first time NAZA...
Stock Gain

DiaLFonZo-Copter - FPV SpyderQuad - First flight - NAZA (2 min 31 sec)
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member