Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
Not to undermine bobthenuke; I have been using the
3M Scotch Permanent Outdoor Mounting Tape
It works great.

You can get it at Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
The sticky mount pad that came with my NAZA no longer sticks. I have been looking for a good replacement pad for mounting the NAZA controller. I found SPARTAN RC MINI GYRO PADS Does anyone here know anything about this product? do you think it would work well with the NAZA? thanks!-
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:44 PM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
1,930 Posts
+1 for the 3M tape! It is the grey tape they use for the GoPro mounts too!
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:20 PM
Westland Michigan.
Joined Jan 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Can I use this battery with a 9x? does it have the proper conector for plug and play? here is the battery I wish to use- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9787
GW, I'm not sure that 40mm dimention will work with the 9X. Here is the battery I'm using with my 9X. Notice the B dimmention. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7346
This battery just barely fits.
mikemijal is offline Find More Posts by mikemijal
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:25 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,176 Posts
I use the 3M for everything other than the IMU and MC.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:55 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemijal View Post
GW, I'm not sure that 40mm dimension will work with the 9X. Here is the battery I'm using with my 9X. Notice the B dimension. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7346
This battery just barely fits.
Well that's just wonderful! A member here even recommend it for the 9x. No I will have yet another useless lippo that never gets used. I will try to find the proper battery in China and who knows I may have it in a month or two. THANKS
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:35 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,956 Posts
I use the Eneloop batteries. They are really good, have many cycles, don't lose charge while sitting idle, and charge with the regular charge port. I don't know if they fit a 9X or not.

I tried a Lipo in my TX and didn't like it because I had to open it up and use the balance connector to charge which was a pain.

I use Eneloops for my RX battery in planes too. I can let a plane sit all winter and come back in the Spring and the battery will still have most of its charge.

You can order these right here in the USA too.

Maybe you can use your useless lipo to power an FPV ground station. It would work well for that.

http://www.batteriesamerica.com/newpage8.htm
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
I use the Eneloop batteries. They are really good, have many cycles, don't lose charge while sitting idle, and charge with the regular charge port. I don't know if they fit a 9X or not.

I tried a Lipo in my TX and didn't like it because I had to open it up and use the balance connector to charge which was a pain.

I use Eneloops for my RX battery in planes too. I can let a plane sit all winter and come back in the Spring and the battery will still have most of its charge.

You can order these right here in the USA too.

Maybe you can use your useless lipo to power an FPV ground station. It would work well for that.

http://www.batteriesamerica.com/newpage8.htm
I have 50 AA size Eneloops and yes they are a good battery but not in the 9X I tryed they dont fit into the battery holder on the 9X. They fit good in other transmitters like my DEVO but not the 9X
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:10 AM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,149 Posts
Quote:
The sticky mount pad that came with my NAZA no longer sticks. I have been looking for a good replacement pad for mounting the NAZA controller. I found SPARTAN RC MINI GYRO PADS Does anyone here know anything about this product? do you think it would work well with the NAZA? thanks!-
I use that one. I warm up the area first then I apply the tape. The only drawback is that it reaches maximum adhesion in 24 hours,
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:37 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,883 Posts
This is what we use
http://www.atlantahobby.com/store/pc...3&idcategory=0
atlav8r is offline Find More Posts by atlav8r
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:07 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,504 Posts
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I use the 3M for everything other than the IMU and MC.
Me too...
T J Gilbert is online now Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: "In Stock"
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:31 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,235 Posts
Quote:
Can I use this battery with a 9x? does it have the proper conector for plug and play? here is the battery I wish to use- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9787
This lipo is made for the 9X and is in stock at the USA warehouse for $13.98:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20638

The connector is iffy but the battery fits the 9X battery well perfectly. On mine, I sodered in a new connector with an external charge/balance plug.
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:37 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
Me too...
Me too, Me too, except for the GoPro. For that I use the Align PU Adhesive Gel, very sticky and when it gets dirty, just wash it and it is magically sticky again. It is designed for a gyro vibration isolation.

You can see it here:
http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-23...ive-Gel/Detail
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
This lipo is made for the 9X and is in stock at the USA warehouse for $13.98:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20638

The connector is iffy but the battery fits the 9X battery well perfectly. On mine, I soldered in a new connector with an external charge/balance plug.
Ok I will take your word for it, I just ordered it from the U.S.A. store. Now, if you have a link for the connector I need to make it work with the 9x that would be nice!. Or did you just cut the old connector off and solder it on the lippo?. I assume after this battery is installed I will be able to close the battery door? I saw this note Great pack for a Turnigy 9x, fits perfectly in the bay with enough room to tuck the balance/charge plugs to one side.

There's no need to switch the connector either! The black connector fits on to the existing pins without requiring any modifications, just match up the orientation using the color of the wires on the 8x AA pack (so that red connects to the ve and black fits to -ve). How long will this battery power the 9X and FriSky? all day or longer?
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:24 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,235 Posts
Slightly off topic

Quote:
Ok I will take your word for it, I just ordered it from the U.S.A. store. Now, if you have a link for the connector I need to make it work with the 9x that would be nice!. Or did you just cut the old connector off and solder it on the lippo?. I assume after this battery is installed I will be able to close the battery door? I saw this note Great pack for a Turnigy 9x, fits perfectly in the bay with enough room to tuck the balance/charge plugs to one side.

There's no need to switch the connector either! The black connector fits on to the existing pins without requiring any modifications, just match up the orientation using the color of the wires on the 8x AA pack (so that red connects to the ve and black fits to -ve). How long will this battery power the 9X and FriSky? all day or longer?
Hey goldsworthy

You are correct, the servo charge connector will fit the TX connector but I don't like the position of this or the quality of the fit so I think the simplest thing to do is to splice the connector from the AA holder onto the new lipo.

Having said that though, what I have done with all my TX's (and a few friends) is to make up two harnesses, one for charging and one that goes inside the TX. I made these by cutting in half two 3S balance extensions so I could make one female/female with two wires to solder to the TX and one male/male with a JST batt plug for charging (see pictures). With this set-up I never have to open the battery door for chargiing and the lipo's are alwways balance charged. Additionally, I can still use the original battery holder if needed (not that I ever would).

Honestly, I don't know why the Radio companies don't do their own versions of this...

Cheers!
Mark
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:50 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,235 Posts
All who use Naza, Listen UP!

This has been mentioned before but I am bringing it up again as it JUST happened to me.

DO NOT TEST OR OTHERWISE CHANGE YOUR SYSTEM SETTINGS IN NAZA ASSISTANT WITH THE PROPS ATTACHED!!

What just happened? I just downloaded the latest Naza 1.8 software and when I fired it all up, the software asked to update the FW to the latest 2.2 package. I said OK and clicked "UPDATE". I then got a message box telling what the latest changes are and asking if I want to proceed. I said "OK" and immediately

**** ALL 4 MOTORS WENT FULL SPEED ****

This lasted for about 2 seconds and no, I did not have props on, but if I had...

I think this is a serious and extremely dangerous bug with no warning from Naza assistant. At the very least, when selecting "Upgrade" the software should tell you in huge red letters "DO NOT PROCEED UNLESS ALL PROPELLORS ARE DISCONNECTED".

Really though, this just shouldn't be possible.

That is all, back to your regular programing and please be carefull out there.
mark
RCG Plus Member