HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Terry, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 08, 2011, 02:02 PM
Mascot
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Apr 1996
141 Posts
Discussion
1.5 Million Threads

Man oh man is RCGroups.com growing by leaps and bounds!
I was just looking at our stats at the bottom of the forum and I about broke my antenna when I saw that we had more than 1.5 million threads...not posts, threads! Holy smokes! I heard Cliff Whitney call RCGroups the "collective" and with 1.5 million threads I can see why. Congrats to everyone!!
Terry is offline Find More Posts by Terry
Administrator
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2011, 03:50 PM
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
It still blows my mind how many people are on RC Groups.
torque roll is offline Find More Posts by torque roll
Old Nov 08, 2011, 05:18 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,298 Posts
1,500,000 threads. We're just 500,000 away from 2 million. Wow!

19,000,000 posts! (plus change)
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Nov 09, 2011, 02:50 AM
中国, 广东省, 深圳
Joined Aug 2011
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
1,500,000 threads. We're just 500,000 away from 2 million. Wow!

19,000,000 posts! (plus change)
I will post more constructive threads from now on with my 20 helis and fixed wings,
vincent722 is offline Find More Posts by vincent722
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:16 AM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
885 Posts
That's astounding. I own a few forums myself and can only dream of ever getting those numbers. A lot of forums have dwindled since the rise of Facebook, but that's because the Facebook setup suited the users of those forums better. I don't think that is the same for RC enthusiasts, where you need in-depth discussions and well-organized categories a forum is still the best place to be.
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2011, 03:47 PM
USA, CA, Watsonville
Joined Jul 2001
465 Posts
I firmly believe RCgroups is largely responsible for the explosive growth and development of R/C in general. I can think of nowhere else on the internet where such a high level of information is exchanged.

This is simply THE PLACE for R/C info.

Thanks RCGROUPS!
g00bd0g is offline Find More Posts by g00bd0g
Old Nov 15, 2011, 06:13 AM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by g00bd0g View Post
I firmly believe RCgroups is largely responsible for the explosive growth and development of R/C in general. I can think of nowhere else on the internet where such a high level of information is exchanged.

This is simply THE PLACE for R/C info.

Thanks RCGROUPS!
I agree 100%. If not for the wealth of knowledge here on this site I probably would have given up on the hobby a few years ago! Most of people on here are so very helpful and generous with their suggestions and ideas!

Keep up the good work RC Groups!
baddb1 is offline Find More Posts by baddb1
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:15 AM
San Bernardino California U.S.A.
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
What I like .....

..... is that rcgroups has people from all over the world posting about planes, helis, boats, cars ...

I now have friends in my own area, Sweden, U.K., Masedonia, Iran, Canada, & other places too!

Laramie.
Laramie is offline Find More Posts by Laramie
Old Nov 16, 2011, 06:44 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,927 Posts
If I had access to the amount of information that is available here, when I was a kid, I would have progressed much more quickly in the hobby and helped others coming along. When I started in the early 50's, Comet and other kit's didn't even show where the cg was supposed to be. Some ten years later there was a slip sheet with basic info about covering, balancing and flight trimming your rubber powered freeflight. It was good when good model mags became available but they became "catalogs" and many went out of business as online forums grew. The information, advice and help in various RCG forums helps modelers get started while absorbing ever more information on new types of models. motors, engines, speed controls, RC systems, and "how to" information on covering, finishing, maidening and flying techniques. Congratualations and many thanks to those who developed and continue to improve RCG and to those who sponsor it.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Nov 16, 2011, 06:46 PM
Joined Jan 2011
512 Posts
Trends

Traffic Statistics
all traffic statistics are estimates

● Worldwide Unique visitors (estimated cookies)
1M

● Unique visitors (users)

● Page Views
14M

● Impressions / day
(Data source: Publisher ad server)
500K - 1M
CheckSum is offline Find More Posts by CheckSum
Last edited by CheckSum; Nov 16, 2011 at 06:53 PM.