HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2011, 01:14 AM
Jack Xie
China
Joined Nov 2009
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by will3d4food View Post
Sorry to correct you; the other plane is a Micro Slick 360 and the servos are 1.7g digital for both planes.

Here is a video of the Micro Edge 540 v3, mind to you it is extremely windy that day, I will be doing another video of it soon to show the full capability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4GXpSTZV14
Awesome Pilot!!! I like this little bird~~~.
tymodel is offline Find More Posts by tymodel
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2011, 01:31 AM
Now, what does this button do?
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
569 Posts
Gentlemen, this so far is what Hobbyking term "Customer Service"

Quote:
Mike. Dec-01 2011 15:24

John.

May I quote from your website? "Hobbyking's warranty service is professional, fair and fast".

Which of those three do you think you have honoured? Exactly, NONE OF THEM.

Why, has raising a dispute "stalled the process of the claim"?

As soon as you sort this mess out, I will happily close the case with Paypal. However, it was almost two weeks of waiting with no response & STILL no promise of a date for the replacement. (You do, still have it in stock)

So, " Hobbyking's warranty service is professional, fair and fast".

Prove it please.

Rgds.

Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John, Dec-01 14:21 (HKT):
Hi Mike ,
Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

We understand your concern and we are following up the case for you. However, as you have opened case with Paypal which has stalled the process of the claim for you. Could you please kindly close the case with Paypal so that we can requested replacement with related department?

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
John
HobbyKing Support Team
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
www.facebook.com/hobbykinglive
www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike, Nov-30 14:03 (HKT):
John.

It has now been two weeks since I received this damaged kit.
To repair, we need, wing, tail, fin & the main part of the fuselage.
Bearing in mind I have spent over $3300 with you over the last eighteen months, I would have expected a faster, more positive response than this. You have the model in stock after all!
Now, two weeks later, you still have not said "replacement dispatched" or indeed given me a firm date for same.
Do you really think that is how to treat your customers?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John, Nov-30 13:29 (HKT):
Hi Mike ,

Regarding the case, we have chased with related department for the replacement part of the fuselage of the plane. And we will inform you with the feedback as soon as possible. Could you please kindly close the case with Paypal?

Regards.
John
HobbyKing Support Team

Mike, Nov-29 03:04 (HKT):
Still waiting...............

John, Nov-26 09:43 (HKT):
Hi Mike ,

We are sorry for keeping you waiting. Regarding the case, we have forwarded to related department to chase for updates for you and we will keep following up for you. Would you please kindly close case with Paypal as we are trying to help you with the case?

Regards.
John
HobbyKing Support Team

Mike, Nov-26 02:29 (HKT):
Hi John.

This has been with you for NINE days now.
This is not an acceptable period to have to wait. If it is not resolved very soon I will start a complaint with PayPal.

John, Nov-23 12:18 (HKT):
Hi Mike ,

Please kindly note that we have forwarded the information to request for the replacement of the fuselage of the plane and will keep you noted about the feedback as soon as possible by a new email. Please kindly check your account or email for updates later.

Regards.
John
HobbyKing Support Team

Mike, Nov-22 13:53 (HKT):
BTW, sorry a $1 credit is insulting!

Mike, Nov-22 13:51 (HKT):
Hi John.

It is not just the wing. (Which is fractured, not creased) It is the TAILPLANE too. (Please see pictures of damage to that) Require new Wing, Tail & Rudder, to fix this. (& really, why not sent a complete relacement airframe, I should not have to be repairing a model that arrived incorrectly asembled & broken due the packer!)

Please confirm The above.
Plus when do you expect parts as I am less than pleased at the thought of a protracted wait for something I have already paid for!

Rgds.

Mike

Mike

John, Nov-21 16:41 (HKT):
Hi Mike ,

We are sorry for keeping you waiting. After checking with related department and we have offered bonus point of $1 for the creased part in the wing. And at the same time, we offered the information to require replacement part for you and will keep you noted about the feedback via a new ticket. Please kindly check your account or email for updates later.

Regards.
John
HobbyKing Support Team

Mike, Nov-21 11:26 (HKT):
Hi John.

Any update please?

Mike, Nov-19 10:42 (HKT):
To: "HobbyKing Support Centre" <support+id118041@hobbyking.zendesk.com>

Hi John.

Please elaborate on your comments.
1. As the tail is way off being square, I have doubts on it flying. (& as it is glued, goodness knows how much damage will occur trying to remove it + the tail is damaged as you can see in the pics)
2. the wings are creased & weakened at the tips, so again I have no intention of trying to fly it as is.
3. Have not connected up to the Rx. so no idea if the motor or servos work.

Over to you..

Rgds.

Mike.

John, Nov-19 08:21 (HKT):
Hi Mike ,

We are sorry for keeping you waiting. Regarding the item, may I know if there is any functional problem for the plane please?

Regards.
John
HobbyKing Support Team

Mike, Nov-17 12:54 (HKT):
Opened box & item is damaged as per pics attached + also assembled poorly. (Tail not straight)

Attachment(s)
Nukiwi is offline Find More Posts by Nukiwi
Old Dec 01, 2011, 08:12 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,842 Posts
NUKIWI - You could at least summarize your dispute so that you don't take an entire page of this forum. We all have experienced problems with different vendors. I personally have spent about $500 on about 12 orders from HK this year and have had no trouble at all. Yes, HK has snafus--we got it. Let it go and deal with it off the forum or start your own blog!
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Dec 01, 2011, 08:17 PM
Now, what does this button do?
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
569 Posts
It was posted in total, just as a caution to others.
To reduce it to a summary would not show what has transpired (or not in this case) to date.
Nukiwi is offline Find More Posts by Nukiwi
Old Dec 04, 2011, 03:02 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Ok where is E-Flites with as3x
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Dec 06, 2011, 03:10 AM
RC Man Child!
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Mar 2010
205 Posts
You need to realize that threatening to have paypal retract payment will cause problems and that act in it's own is not fair. I wouldn't take kindly to that if I was running a small company, you shouldn't expect anything different here. The plane should have arrived pristine, no doubt. You can't expect amazing customer service and insanely low prices. It just doesn't work that way. People think they are far too entitled in this world...
Now someone tell me how this plane flies!
dhdsracer is offline Find More Posts by dhdsracer
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2011, 07:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgore_trout View Post
Mine is sitting in customs right now. Normally, I'm excited when something I've ordered enters the States... now it's just apprehension. All I know is that if mine ends up like some of yours, I will be xing my desire for the new Rare Bear and Critical Mass micros. It's a shame, really. So many people like this niche in the hobby. To see slapdash warehouse practices compound ungodly shipping times is really bad PR. Even if they sent a new plane to you, it would be 1.5 MONTHS after you ordered it. Cultural differences aside, maybe that's normal in China, but this just isn't good enough in the rest of the world.
people get executed in china (then bill the family for the cost of the bullet) for things in western counties they'd give medals and a dishonored samurai would correct the mistake and commit suicide ....its another spoiled brat offspring of england...hobbyking is australian!!
sfactor1 is offline Find More Posts by sfactor1
Old Dec 08, 2011, 07:36 AM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
United States, MI, Ypsilanti
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
I just received mine from HK. No damage as far as shipping BUT the right aileron servo was burned out and just spins :-(. I set the aileron to zero and disconnected it and am flying with just the left one. The airplane flies great and still rolls on a dime. The only other bad thing I see is trying to get all the wires to close under the canopy.
kc135boomer is offline Find More Posts by kc135boomer
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:19 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,615 Posts
I am itching to get this bird but Has anyone actually flown one of these??
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:24 AM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
United States, MI, Ypsilanti
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
Look at the post right above yours.

It flies great, I take it up darn near every day after work in the front yard.
kc135boomer is offline Find More Posts by kc135boomer
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:49 AM
Let's get low, let's get fast.
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Dec 2009
311 Posts
Finally got mine. No real damage, though there are some marks on the foam. The wingtips are in pretty good shape, but are a little bit messed up.

Flying-wise, I love this plane. It's really nice and stable, and looks great. It actually will hover too. I find it just a wee bit underpowered though. Any ideas for a good replacement?
kilgore_trout is offline Find More Posts by kilgore_trout
Old Dec 14, 2011, 04:07 PM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,030 Posts
hyp 2x240?

i would suggest a 2x240 hyperion. seems the easiest/fastest way to get more ummmph. try rcbabbel-he should have them with the right connector.
otherwise get the conns from glenn.
i have noticed great improvements in power/duration with these cells.
you may need to carve the foam to fit.
regards
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:52 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,615 Posts
I purchased this plane and am awaiting for it to arrive. I am not sure what connector it uses but I bought 4 of the zippy 180 2s's and if need be I will solder something up.

Is there no video of this bird??

What kind of flight envelope does it have. Don't get me wrong I like fast but I also like a big flight envelope THanks1
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:19 PM
RC Man Child!
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Mar 2010
205 Posts
Flitetest has some footage here. There is a video on Hobbykinglive too.
Flite Test - Durafly Micros - REVIEW (10 min 10 sec)
dhdsracer is offline Find More Posts by dhdsracer
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:32 PM
Joined Dec 2010
124 Posts
Mine turned up today, the wing tip is almost snapped right off
damage2008 is offline Find More Posts by damage2008