Old Nov 28, 2011, 02:31 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
They won't do it Kiwi.

Didn't for me...flat out refused a direct email request.

Still haven't gotten any parts either...not that I give a damn anymore. Tossed the wretched thing back in it's box in a dark corner for now.

NO more planes from HK for me. Ever.

Just small parts orders, and they're lucky to get that biz from me.

Vote with your feet, gents...and walk away from these dogs.
well said. I feel the same way. My micro slick was damaged on arrival. The replacement parts where sent out and they where damaged too.

SO I need replacement parts for my replacement parts. Kinda stupid isn't it Hobbyking.

Why not get it right the first time.

Hey bud lets start another thread and make a vote who is going to use hobbyking again after there continued poor service.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2011, 03:29 AM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
4,604 Posts
bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by will3d4food View Post
Sorry to correct you; the other plane is a Micro Slick 360 and the servos are 1.7g digital for both planes.

Here is a video of the Micro Edge 540 v3, mind to you it is extremely windy that day, I will be doing another video of it soon to show the full capability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4GXpSTZV14
will3d4food: seems a great design. too bad that somehow when placing the parts (especially the wings) in the box, the packers damage the tips. an inspection aimed specifically to this before shipping would save you guys the agravation and bad publicity you are getting here. bad start for what seems a great design.
by the way, i sent you a pm and you have not answered it. it is about the 'Y' harness that should be in the edge 540.

this is the pm:
Y' conn for edge 540
hi. this is regarding the edge 540: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19963.
perhaps you could tell me-or direct me to the right person, so i can learn-if there is a connector that joins the pack, the rx(R415) and the esc. sort of a 'Y' type. if so, can you provide the link?
thanks
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Last edited by phil alvirez; Nov 28, 2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:06 PM
Now, what does this button do?
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
489 Posts
Phil, you are not alone,
After Dean intervened in my issues with the Slick. He has failed to answer any further e-mails or P.M sent to him. (Shame really, as it looked like he cared!)

STILL waiting for so called C.S to do anything.

Lastly, will post a pic of the ESC for you in a few hours Phil.

Rgds.

NK
Nukiwi is online now Find More Posts by Nukiwi
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:52 PM
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
489 Posts
Pic as promised, Phil
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:00 PM
Let's get low, let's get fast.
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Dec 2009
311 Posts
Mine is sitting in customs right now. Normally, I'm excited when something I've ordered enters the States... now it's just apprehension. All I know is that if mine ends up like some of yours, I will be xing my desire for the new Rare Bear and Critical Mass micros. It's a shame, really. So many people like this niche in the hobby. To see slapdash warehouse practices compound ungodly shipping times is really bad PR. Even if they sent a new plane to you, it would be 1.5 MONTHS after you ordered it. Cultural differences aside, maybe that's normal in China, but this just isn't good enough in the rest of the world.
kilgore_trout is offline Find More Posts by kilgore_trout
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:03 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4,604 Posts
no y conn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukiwi View Post
Pic as promised, Phil
thank you, sir.
seems that the 'Y' connector that i am using is not what these guys considered.
it looks as if the esc is soldered to the motor. right?
and then at the other end it is soldered to the connector that fits the cell (sort of jst), and soldered to the conn that fits the rx. and long wires all of them. by the way, which rx is it? a 415?
my conn has plugs that fit the cell, the rx, and the esc, so it can be removed at will.
but at least now i now that there is no way to order nothing. i have to make my own for each rx.
oh well...
this is what i use for mine:
1 (3 wires) connector like this, to fit into the R415 rx: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19565
1 (3 pins) connector like this, to fit into the brushless esc:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15424 (the female end)
1 female 2 wires connector like this, for the single cell to connect:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9727
(this is the esc that goes with the 415: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9667
just for refference).
but i have to solder the 3 together, 2 sets of wires to 1 connector, and that's not easy. about 1-1/2" long each would do.
that's what should come with the rx (or sold separately), otherwise modelers have to go through ordering all of these and then soldering them.
regards
links did not work, but i updated them and now they seem to work. try again.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Nov 29, 2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:13 PM
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
thank you, sir.
seems that the 'Y' connector that i am using is not what these guys considered.
it looks as if the esc is soldered to the motor. right?
and then at the other end it is soldered to the connector that fits the cell (sort of jst), and soldered to the conn that fits the rx. and long wires all of them. by the way, which rx is it? a 415?
my conn has plugs that fit the cell, the rx, and the esc, so it can be removed at will.
but at least now i now that there is no way to order nothing. i have to make my own for each rx.
oh well...
Hi Phil.

Yes, esc is soldered to the motor. Battery connector is "JST" & yes, using the 415 Rx. (white plug in the pic. is a direct fit into the rx )
(Well at least in my "Slick 360", as I finally received the missing part!)

Rgds.

NK

BTW. the pages you have linked don't open Phil.
Last edited by Nukiwi; Nov 28, 2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:07 AM
Joined Jul 2007
4,604 Posts
missing links

Quote:
Hi Phil.

BTW. the pages you have linked don't open Phil.
you'r right. i don't know why.

the p/n are these:
MOL125F-LEAD;
6pin M-plug;
MINIJST-EXT5;
and the esc: HK-XP3A
try and see if these work.

now i updated the p/n and they seem to work. please try again at the thread on post 21
Last edited by phil alvirez; Nov 29, 2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:08 PM
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
489 Posts
Hi Phil,

Yes, they work now.
The ESC on the model is 6 Amp like this one. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html (2S)

However, the one you have linked will only work with single cell. (1S)

(STILL waiting for HobbyKing Customer Service.................)

Quote:
Hobbyking's warranty service is professional, fair and fast.
Not from my experience!
Last edited by Nukiwi; Nov 30, 2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 01:36 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4,604 Posts
1 cell

Quote:
Hi Phil,

Yes, they work now.
The ESC on the model is 6 Amp like this one. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html (2S)

However, the one you have linked will only work with single cell. (1S)

(STILL waiting for HobbyKing Customer Service.................)
right. i have been using the 415 with single cell. that's why i use that esc.
but you are in 2 cells plane. i use escs like yours in my other 2 cells planes.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:18 PM
Not an avatar... I'm not Hindu
Joined Oct 2007
65 Posts
Quote:
Well mine arrived today............
See attached pics. Broken wing tips, tail & poorly put together....
I'm liking this very lightweight 18g/m2 fiberglass cloth for reinforcing wing tips and other fragile places on micros. If you don't go overboard on the resin, it adds but a tiny bit of weight to the airplane. (a 38g T-28 became 40g when I reinforced the wing root out to the landing gear on the bottom - I curled the glass over the leading edge 1/8" too). For wingtips, if you do a neat job and just put about an inch and a half on both outer wingtips on the bottom, it hardly detracts from the paint scheme because the underlying color comes through.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10905
Gordonq is offline Find More Posts by Gordonq
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:52 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4,604 Posts
lightweight fiberglass

that's a great data. thank you for providing the link. and i didn't know that hk carries it.
that's the great thing of the net and rcgroups with all of you folks bringing all kind of sources and solutions to our problems.
so far i had been using a carbon fiber 'veil' that is very light and looks and feels like silkspan (that covering from ancient times). this cf veil i got from aerospace composites, and the label reads: .2 oz carbon mat MC-02 34"x 4ft. what i don't know-neither could get data from them-is that .2 oz -for what area?
the only problem with it is that it is black, so it shows, and the fiberglass that you use becomes transparent, so am going to add it to my stock and see what's the difference in weight.
thanks a lot for the data.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:31 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
and i didn't know that hk carries it.
Phil,

Sorry to tell you that the cloth is one of those items that is ALMOST ALWAYS out of stock (as are a lot of popular items at HK). I suggest that you place your order as soon as you get notification that it's in stock! In fact, you'll like this so much that I recommend a double order!

I use it with this finishing resin http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXK304&P=FR which, unfortunately, results in a very slight yellow/tan finish. If anyone knows of a true clear, light resin, I'd appreciate a link.

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:55 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jan 2006
6 Posts
sent you private message on the castle creations side winder micro esc you have for sale.
Jorge Halstead is offline Find More Posts by Jorge Halstead
Old Nov 30, 2011, 03:31 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4,604 Posts
oos

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
Phil,

Sorry to tell you that the cloth is one of those items that is ALMOST ALWAYS out of stock (as are a lot of popular items at HK). I suggest that you place your order as soon as you get notification that it's in stock! In fact, you'll like this so much that I recommend a double order!

I use it with this finishing resin http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXK304&P=FR which, unfortunately, results in a very slight yellow/tan finish. If anyone knows of a true clear, light resin, I'd appreciate a link.

Gene K
thank you for your suggestion. yeah, i noticed that it is oos. am getting used to the fact that the products that are the best deals are like that. i keep an eye on them and as you say, the moment they are back in stock, i order. i have been waiting and watching for some things for up to 2 months. rx, cells, motors, you name it. facts of life.