HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ChanceJ, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 04:10 PM
Joined Aug 2011
10 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Wanted
Proboat or Midwest Coast Guard MLB

I just saw one of these at the lake and I would like to purchase one from anyone who is willing to sell me their Proboat or Midwest coast Guard Motor Lifeboat.
ChanceJ is offline Find More Posts by ChanceJ
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2011, 05:22 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,092 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
there is a midwest mlb for sale on rcuniverse. PS I know of a proboat NIB but the box is damaged. Not sure if the hatches are damaged but they probably will be. I could PM you where it is. Its in a hobby shop. Unless you live nearby you will have to purchase it by cc over the phone. Thats how I bought mine from them. Both my hatches were broken but all I did was take pics of them and of my receipt and in about two weeks Horizon Hobbies (the manufacturer of these boats) sent me new ones for free. As you probably know these boats have been out of production for quite a while.
catchthis is offline Find More Posts by catchthis
Old Nov 08, 2011, 01:20 PM
Joined Aug 2011
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchthis View Post
there is a midwest mlb for sale on rcuniverse. PS I know of a proboat NIB but the box is damaged. Not sure if the hatches are damaged but they probably will be. I could PM you where it is. Its in a hobby shop. Unless you live nearby you will have to purchase it by cc over the phone. Thats how I bought mine from them. Both my hatches were broken but all I did was take pics of them and of my receipt and in about two weeks Horizon Hobbies (the manufacturer of these boats) sent me new ones for free. As you probably know these boats have been out of production for quite a while.
I saw that on rcuniverse, but I tihnk that one is already sold.
Where is the new in box one that you seen? I would like to contact that person or hobby shop and purchase that one. Please message me privately. Yes, I was told it is out of production from the guy at the lake I was talking to.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 05:59 PM
Joined Aug 2011
10 Posts
still looking for one...
Old Nov 10, 2011, 06:31 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,382 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Chance
Check your messages, just sent you a PM. Found one for you.
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Nov 10, 2011, 06:58 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,092 Posts
chance, if I was you I would jump on that boat. It is very clean. Boomer, I thought you werent going to sell your mlb?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 07:04 PM
Joined Aug 2011
10 Posts
that is certainly a lovely boat. I just replied to your pm. Hope we could work something out. I love it!
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:29 PM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,382 Posts
Quote:
chance, if I was you I would jump on that boat. It is very clean. Boomer, I thought you werent going to sell your mlb?
Catchthis,
Not my boat. It belongs to a close friend. I saw him today at our local hobby shop and he told me the he was selling off some of his collection to make room for some new airplanes he is building. He is a master hobbyist that builds most of his boats, planes and other RC toys from scratch. Like the rest of us, he saw this boat and decided he wanted one. I think he used twice. It has been sitting on a display shelf since that time.

I just helped him sell his CF Seawind -the one in the photo. Same story, he liked got it used a couple of times - then put it on display.

I won't be selling my MLB - one of my favorites!

Boomer
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:05 PM
Joined Aug 2011
10 Posts
Just a few things here guys. I'm not quite the richest person in the world, but I am getting into the RC boat hobby recently. my ballpark price is about $300.
I am also using my friend's paypal, so I could pay immediately if you are willing to sell yours.
Last edited by ChanceJ; Nov 16, 2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:29 PM
Joined Aug 2011
10 Posts
Still looking...
Old Nov 16, 2011, 03:03 PM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,382 Posts
The boat that was/is listed at rcuniverse is the a Midwest version. Still shows as being for sale.
The boat I shared with you was sold - Hope you find one.

Boomer
Old Nov 16, 2011, 03:15 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,092 Posts
I pointed that out to him last week, I dont know why he hasnt jumped on it. It looks really good.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:56 PM
Joined Aug 2011
10 Posts
Quote:
I pointed that out to him last week, I dont know why he hasnt jumped on it. It looks really good.
I've already tried for that one... I just see that seller has reposted it. I thought he already sold it since I've sent a few messages to him and never got a reply back. I will try again.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:33 PM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceJ View Post
I've already tried for that one... I just see that seller has reposted it. I thought he already sold it since I've sent a few messages to him and never got a reply back. I will try again.

Just and FYI - the Midwest version is not water cooled and is quite a bit different inside the hull. These are pretty good sized boats and need some form of cooling for the motors.

Boomer
Last edited by Boomer1; Nov 18, 2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:42 AM
Joined Aug 2011
10 Posts
that seller from RCUniverse states local pick up only...