HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined Sep 2011
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun new york View Post
Dear Friends, I think we all see how childish Kenzietech is behaving and that is exactly the type of behavior that I was talking about in my original post.

Kenzietech, I am sorry you had a hard time following my last post, most children with a short attention span and inability to take responsibility would have a hard time following an adult written post. Lastly, Kenzietech, if you read my post again you will see that I tried to email hobbyking to no avail, and then tried to just buy the parts from them so I can fly the copter to no avail (not in stock) and had to resort to U.S. sellers on ebay that had in stock at gorged up prices.

For the benefit of anybody other then kenzietech I have copied and pasted direct from the hobbyking websites my order with hobbyking that included the solo pro 180. I do not have a copy of the email I sent them regarding the broken items because all interaction is on the hobbyking website and I was not copied on my original email to them from their own internal server, nor did I ever get a response.

Your Order 20043XXXXX
Paypal or Credit Card (Amex / Visa / Mastercard) (instant-8S021046XX)
Discounts Bonus points: $0.57
Status Paid Customs Inv

Great Neck, NY 11021, US
UNITED STATES

Code Description Qty STATUS
HK-Swift Mini Swift R/C EPO Glider Plug-n-Fly (USA Wa 1 Reserved
T1000.2S.20 Turnigy 1000mAh 2S 20C Lipo Pack (USA Wareho 2 Reserved
NE3023182407 Solo PRO 180 3G Flybarless 3D Micro Helicopt 1 Reserved
NE30277824214 P-47 Ultra Micro 4CH 400mm (RTF) (USA Wareho 1 Reserved

Shipment UPS Small Parcel 4000-4999g (Within USA) $21.99
Taxes $0.00
Total $139.80
Credit Total
Order Messages;
Notes;
Bonus points: $0.57
Customer paid with: instant
HK Absorbed PayPal Charge:3.66

Reserved: This indicates that the items you have purchased are reserved for this order provided the order is paid for and payment has been received by us.
Unreserved: Payment has not been accepted and the goods are still available to other purchases. After payment has been received the goods will become reserved provided sufficient stock exists to fill your pending order.
Backorder: Insufficient stock available to fill the order. Order held until stock arrives.
JIT-item: These products are stored in our second, larger warehouse and take 3-5 days to be dispatched. The entire order will be dispatched at 1 time.

*If your order is still pending and you're certain you have paid, please do NOT cancel you order. Instead, contact our support staff to double check your payment and process your order.

During Holiday periods (Christmas etc.) orders can sometimes take longer.
Please read our FAQ section
Here's the deal, buddy. Resorting to personal attacks is unnecessary and uncalled for. If it offends you so much that I made a simple post questioning your sincerity and truthfulness in your original post, then I think you need to step back for a moment and realize that it's a message board, on the internet. I don't matter to you, and you don't matter to me. But please, stop with the personal attacks and childish comments. They're unnecessary, and detract from the topic at hand.

As I stated before, I'm sorry that you had that problem. As a blanket statement of "hobbyking does not return emails," that is completely false. They do, in fact return emails. Heck, I just had a question about a recent order and got a [semi] timely response back from them. Unfortunately you got the short end of the stick. I did a quick search on reviews of the helicopter, and didn't see any glaring issues of QC with them. But there's always one bad apple that gets through, despite control checks. Unfortunately you got hit with one. But that doesn't mean that all of them are bad.

People can still be disappointed that they missed out on the freebie. Heck, I just spent over $100 and got no freebie, because I didn't get it timed right. I'd love to get one of these for free, even WITH a broken skid and canopy.
kenzietech is offline Find More Posts by kenzietech
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 10:35 AM
key bored
Joined Jan 2012
113 Posts
I made a quick and maybe unnecessary comment but let's all get back to what this thread is about.

I don't know what happened but I added to my cart and got the freebie alert but when I added the freebie to my cart it shows up at full price Guess I can't get this one too
key bored is offline Find More Posts by key bored
Old May 01, 2012, 10:52 AM
Joined May 2012
29 Posts
Solo pro 180

Key Bored, Your right. To be honest I have been checking for a freebie item to show up because I am placing an order for a boat and batteries from the international website, but nothing is doing. If any freebie offers pop up I will put it up on here immediately. I would love to get free shipping as a freebie, lol, because the boat is going to cost me an arm and a leg to ship to New York (almost the price of the boat).
shaun new york is offline Find More Posts by shaun new york
Old May 01, 2012, 11:08 AM
Joined May 2012
29 Posts
Todays freebie from U.S. warehouse

key bored, this item just popped up as free item with over 10 in stock. Its from U.S. warehouse, and it is:

PRODUCT ID: NE202009A

Combat Twister Micro Coaxial Combat Helicopter - Green (Mode 2) (RTF) (USA Warehouse)

Hope this helps, if you have problems let me know. It does not have to pop up for you to use it, just have over $100 in your U.S. warehouse order and then add the above product ID (you can find it by name or product ID in the search engine). Good luck.
shaun new york is offline Find More Posts by shaun new york
Old May 01, 2012, 11:16 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun new york View Post
key bored, this item just popped up as free item with over 10 in stock. Its from U.S. warehouse, and it is:

PRODUCT ID: NE202009A

Combat Twister Micro Coaxial Combat Helicopter - Green (Mode 2) (RTF) (USA Warehouse)

Hope this helps, if you have problems let me know. It does not have to pop up for you to use it, just have over $100 in your U.S. warehouse order and then add the above product ID (you can find it by name or product ID in the search engine). Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
Been up for a while.... get after it
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old May 01, 2012, 05:35 PM
Manila Ninoy Intl, Philippines
Joined Nov 2001
1,319 Posts
Does anyone know what the FreebieN cookie does?

Saw it in my cookies cache and am curious.
deadduck is offline Find More Posts by deadduck
Old May 01, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Apr 2005
4 Posts
How often does the international warehouse do freebies? I've got an order over $100 ready to place, but there is no rush at all. Might be worth waiting on until another intl' freebie comes along?
Treytor is offline Find More Posts by Treytor
Old May 01, 2012, 06:15 PM
key bored
Joined Jan 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Been up for a while.... get after it

I tried on two computers and three browsers and still couldn't get it Guess I'll have to wait for the next one
Old May 01, 2012, 07:06 PM
Crash and crash!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Oct 2010
677 Posts
Sometimes, freebie pops up not on all computers. I had it on 1, but not on 2 others.... Was a quick one also. SOmetimes I found cliking on USA, then International then CART kinds of make it appear easier.
realbob is offline Find More Posts by realbob
Old May 01, 2012, 08:20 PM
D W
I love you man.
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Wanted to shout out a big WELCOME to the site to Shaun NY. A bit of a rough start but do stay with us. Lots of great people here who will bend over backwards to help a fellow modeler. And I thought your first post was fine.

Props to Kenzie and KB for not letting the conversation get out of hand.

On topic I did get the Go-Cart (roller) as a freebee around Christmas. The wife and kids think it is coooooool. Still need to get a motor and get all electronics on board. Still it looks neat sitting on a shelf.
D W is online now Find More Posts by D W
Old May 01, 2012, 08:23 PM
Jedi Master
Joined Jan 2012
31 Posts
I think it's over, I just added over $100 to a cart and the helicopter was no longer free, but I got one yesterday with a Cessna 182 1.5m seaplane that I've been wanting. So the little helicopter kinda offset the $37.50 they charged me for USPS shipping, which probably cost HK about $10 in actual postage. So yeah, wooohoooo!!
LukeSkywalker is offline Find More Posts by LukeSkywalker
Old May 01, 2012, 08:33 PM
key bored
Joined Jan 2012
113 Posts
We are all here to help each other enjoy the hobby a little more especially with a freebie. I have to order maybe another $150 from HK so I'll wait for a good freebie as this hobby tend o get pretty expensive.

How did this all happen because of a $30 syma S107?? I'm already at almost $1800 and I just started last christmas
Old May 01, 2012, 08:47 PM
Jedi Master
Joined Jan 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by key bored View Post
I'm already at almost $1800 and I just started last christmas
It's a sickness. Someday there will be a reality show and a self-help group.
LukeSkywalker is offline Find More Posts by LukeSkywalker
Old May 01, 2012, 10:15 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by key bored View Post
How did this all happen because of a $30 syma S107?? I'm already at almost $1800 and I just started last christmas
Yea I started last Christmas also. This vid below was about half my planes over a month ago and doesn't even include the 15 helis (which is what I started with at Christmas lol). I probably have about 20 more planes than this vid and all larger over 30" now. They just keep getting bigger lol.
Planes (0 min 29 sec)
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Old May 01, 2012, 11:14 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,158 Posts
Syner,
None of them look smashed or dinged up
Clearly your not trying hard enough, your natural or they've never flown!!?? - LOL -
-B!LL!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill