HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:33 AM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
773 Posts
modelerchina, you are using some kind of Chinese ISP, or IE setting is for China, or your OS setting is chinese.

"ra.asp?rsn=zh" is added to some Chinese users who attempt to browse HobbyKing, it looks like they block their own site in China to some people. See this thread here
http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail....&t=1780528&p=1

Google translated:
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:07 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
wow. good digging Sherlock!
s_mack is online now Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:33 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2006
439 Posts
excellent, Razor_Racer. All fixed now!!
modelerchina is online now Find More Posts by modelerchina
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:44 AM
Joined Nov 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor_Racer View Post
Freebies also cut down on excess stock. Giving shipping discounts won't help with that
Anthony Hand on freebies on the hk forum -
"We're liquidating alot of dead stock these days (the accountants are making me do it)!......"

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f...TID=23625&PN=1

old quote or not, the BUSINESS justification hasn't changed.

ALL promotions by companies, 2 for 1 coupons, limited time offers etc etc are NOT done as a "favor" to us, the consumer. the sole purpose is to MAKE MONEY (or reduce a lose in profits i.e. clearing dead stock)
rcfisherman is offline Find More Posts by rcfisherman
Last edited by rcfisherman; Dec 09, 2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:51 AM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
It should just be common practice to post links when you're quoting a source like that. I'd like to see the context because it doesn't really make sense that its "on freebies" when there haven't been any.
s_mack is online now Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:55 AM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfisherman View Post
Anthony Hand on freebies on the hk forum -
"We're liquidating alot of dead stock these days (the accountants are making me do it)!......"

That was at the start of the freebie thread at HK, posted on 02/Nov/2011 at 7:36pm.

I don't see a recent post by Anthony stating that.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f...D=23625&PN=286
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:57 AM
Joined Nov 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
Agreed. It was a $200+ plane for free, and it had a little plastic piece broken off. After 2 or 3 trips to the airfield, it will probably have more dings than that just from loading/unloading into the car.

You can do what you want, but I really don't see how it's worth the frustration. It would be far easier to just fix it yourself than to deal with customer service. With the time you've already spent contacting them and taking pictures, you could have fixed it already.
to be fair the +$200 "free" plane probably cost almost $100 in shipping and handling. that is not including having to spend $150 and shipping and handling before you can get the freebie. most people actively purchase more to make the $150 minimum (hk must agree as making a profit is the #1 goal of any for-profit corporation.)

saying that, i find it ridiculous to ask for a replacement for something that a few drops of glue and 2min of work couldn't fix. much easier than taking pics, weighing packages and sending various emails back and forth
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:00 AM
Joined Nov 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre View Post
That was at the start of the freebie thread at HK, posted on 02/Nov/2011 at 7:36pm.

I don't see a recent post by Anthony stating that.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f...D=23625&PN=286
yup, that was at the start of the campaign but you can bet that only old stock is given away as freebies. i.e. we will never see a bixler 2 or a rarebear offered as a freebie.
but we must all remember (as the accountants only care for 1 thing) is that anything they do, as a for-profit corporation, they are in the business of MAKING MONEY. so they only "give" away a freebie to make money in the long run

is anybody actually naive to think that the freebies are done as a "favor" to us for the betterment of the hobby etc? lol

remember, anthony said the ACCOUNTANTS were "making him do it." since when do accountants want to lose money?!?!?!?!? you don't have to have an MBA or a Ph.D in psychology to know that accountants only care that the numbers in black get larger and the numbers in red get smaller
Last edited by rcfisherman; Dec 09, 2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:22 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfisherman View Post
yup, that was at the start of the campaign but you can bet that only old stock is given away as freebies. i.e. we will never see a bixler 2 or a rarebear offered as a freebie.
I don't think it's always old stock (as in: dusty from storage)... I have a feeling that sometime, it could be overstock (ordering to many of one item for their warehouse). The big P-40N is a good example. I saw it in "stock arrival" section (showing that a new batch just came into the warehouse) and a few days later, as a freebie. It's the type of aircraft that probably move in very little numbers and take a lot of space, so if they made a mistake and ordered 50 instead of 10 for their warehouse, it would then make sense to push some out while generating sales. Could also be a mistake. Maybe they were expecting some with good landing gear, but still got the old landing gear and decided to push them out. Who knows. No matter what, those were in the warehouse for a very short time.
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:51 PM
SuperX Hex and X8 Flyer
Columbus, IN
Joined Jul 2009
650 Posts
Sigh.........I think that the Freebies are gone forever........
ross_badger is offline Find More Posts by ross_badger
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:58 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
We have gone longer and why give away freebies before christmas? They have a ton of money coming in WITHOUT freebies. Freebies are there to stimulate sales... if they have sales they don't need them.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:07 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaHobby View Post
Can we all move on...from complaining and speculation...as far as I know...Anthony is not reading our posts !
They read, they just don't understand. They are robots
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:27 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,592 Posts
No, not a freebie but a comment - I've noticed that since they updated their server...my cart gets emptied within a day or two.

I used to be able to 'shop' over several days, adding things and when I logged back in..the cookie was still active and all the cart contents was still there. Now its emptied within two days.

Going to make getting the freebie within the short time frame harder...and ordering stuff I need/ want.

Anyone else notice this?
idletime is offline Find More Posts by idletime
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:10 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Use their Wishlists. You can have more than one "cart" ready to go!
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:01 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross_badger View Post
Sigh.........I think that the Freebies are gone forever........
the attitudes in this thread might explain why self entitled people much?
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz