51 Posts
yes to big for me to
I must skip this
TraxxasSweden is offline Find More Posts by TraxxasSweden
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:47 PM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
1,736 Posts
$91 Singapore Post only option for shipping. Pass......
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:55 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
plus you need ALL of the electronics
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:57 PM
Sweden, Södermanland County, Katrineholm
Joined Jul 2012
51 Posts
and you need buy other stuff for 100usd, and the stuff you buy also takes weight, so the shipping cost would be very much! Too much!
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:03 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratonxi View Post
Agreed with the others, the "freebie" would cost me about $250 with shipping and other parts (oh, plus 6S batteries on top of that)...would rather purchase 2 other planes I can use than take this "free"bie.
Flying By is offline Find More Posts by Flying By
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:09 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,599 Posts
It's only 20 minutes later and not showing up for me. Gone already? I am currently browsing on my netbook in a moving car connected to my cell phone for internet, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Everything else works perfect, I bought on paypal and another site just fine. Looks like shipping is prohibitive anyway.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:11 PM
Sweden, Södermanland County, Katrineholm
Joined Jul 2012
51 Posts
It has ended now! It was active in 14minutes
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:42 PM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,271 Posts
Got it! Payed ~$155 shipped. Already have motor etc. Just ordered servos and a couple of receivers to make the $100.
anlucas is offline Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:10 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,500 Posts
I just tried to add it to the cart, (with over a $100 already in it) and no go...listed as $159 in the cart.

14 Minutes....ridiculous.

This is harder that coyote trying to catch the road-runner.
idletime is online now Find More Posts by idletime
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:12 PM
Once you taste flight...
United States, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Dec 2011
2,766 Posts
Ya missed, but not one that I care about, just sounds like a brick with a motor. And the reviews, ewww...
skydvejam is offline Find More Posts by skydvejam
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:35 PM
Orange County, Ca.
Joined Jan 2009
128 Posts
This is what happened to me today. This thing is in the USA warehouse and shouldn't cost more than 25.00 to ship? I sent them a email...(Below)

Good Day...

I am a little upset with your company today and with good reason I think. While shopping for a new airplane on your site this morning, I received the "FREEBEE" pop up stating todays "FREEBEE" was the P-40 ARF kit! Great I really wanted it. So I got to shopping and wound the plane I wanted put in in the cart along with a couple of batteries which added up to 108.00 or so. as instructed on the pop-up I added toe P-40 to the basket, great I was going to receive a great "FREEBEE", wrong, when I went to check out I received a message the parcel was to big to ship? What, why is this plane offered if it can't be shipped in the USA from the USA warehouse? Yet if I was going to pay for this plane I put it in the cart by itself I could buy it and it would ship no problem. If you know a "FREEBEE" is unacceptable to certin customers shouldn't you offer an alternate that at least he could receive? I was really disappointed when I was unable to receive this.

After doing my part, you Guy's didn't do your part. I am going to post this on RCGroups in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

John Stambuk
(HBPD, RCGroups)
HBPD is offline Find More Posts by HBPD
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:43 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,102 Posts
edit//nm
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:44 PM
United States, MO, Grandview
Joined Feb 2012
111 Posts
Same thing happened to me so I had to order smaller stuff. It cost me over $90 parcel post for the freebie, a Turnigy 9x and a mini gps data logger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBPD View Post
This is what happened to me today. This thing is in the USA warehouse and shouldn't cost more than 25.00 to ship? I sent them a email...(Below)

Good Day...

I am a little upset with your company today and with good reason I think. While shopping for a new airplane on your site this morning, I received the "FREEBEE" pop up stating todays "FREEBEE" was the P-40 ARF kit! Great I really wanted it. So I got to shopping and wound the plane I wanted put in in the cart along with a couple of batteries which added up to 108.00 or so. as instructed on the pop-up I added toe P-40 to the basket, great I was going to receive a great "FREEBEE", wrong, when I went to check out I received a message the parcel was to big to ship? What, why is this plane offered if it can't be shipped in the USA from the USA warehouse? Yet if I was going to pay for this plane I put it in the cart by itself I could buy it and it would ship no problem. If you know a "FREEBEE" is unacceptable to certin customers shouldn't you offer an alternate that at least he could receive? I was really disappointed when I was unable to receive this.

After doing my part, you Guy's didn't do your part. I am going to post this on RCGroups in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

John Stambuk
(HBPD, RCGroups)
mstopps is offline Find More Posts by mstopps
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:27 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Had to think about it twice, but finally decided to go for it. (Had to put another order in anyway). Mainly because I'm TRULY hoping that I'll be able to use 8 of my 2200 3S battery to make up two 6S battery at 4400mah (with a homemade serie connector). If they fit inside, then, I'll simply have to order the motor, the servos, and a UBEC (I already have a suitable ESC). If the batteries do not fit, then I'll simply try to sell it cheap, probably simply covering the shipping cost, so this way, I hope I cannot loose. Only review for it is not that great though, and those retracts do worry me (and I want them to work if possible!!!) Not sure I would go for fixed landing gears...

Now, I hope this thing show up fast to my place before the freebies are over.... I quickly figured that I need a $45 motor, $35 worth of servos (only need the 7X17gr), and a $10 UBEC, so for about $90 I can get this thing in the air (and if I order $10 more of little goodies) probably get another freebie when I'll order the stuff I need...

P.S.: Thanks Dmitrius!
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler