RC addict
Melbourne
Joined Sep 2004
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperWj View Post
Ryan,
Hk hawk is retract ready!
im aborted the ideal p20 my hawk and selling it soon.
will only build one for cs90mm.

as for habu32 Albert Asia src have 4-5 pcs of them in stock!
turbine version!

yiming
How do i contact Albert Asia SRC? Does he have the EDF version?

Willing to sell me your Hawk? I want it!

So where do you fly? Can't fly at woodlands anymore right?
g8dget is offline Find More Posts by g8dget
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:06 AM
The Sarawak KoloMee
Singapore
Joined Jan 2008
263 Posts
hawk been book by Joe,I let you know if they back out.

woodlands are ep field,anybody can fly.

usually I'm at tuas or jb.

Albert only sell bu32 with marks turbine conversion pro kit from Ali hobbies uk!

yiming
SniperWj is offline Find More Posts by SniperWj
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:10 AM
RC addict
Melbourne
Joined Sep 2004
71 Posts
Cool, please let me know if the hawk is available. Been trying to get it for quite a while. Just don't want to order a back ordered product from HK, afraid it gets discontinued and i only have store credits.

Could you share your setup and which retracts you intend to use?

And when are you gonna fly it? Would love to see your maiden.
g8dget is offline Find More Posts by g8dget
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:24 AM
The Sarawak KoloMee
Singapore
Joined Jan 2008
263 Posts
forget the hawk,I build bu32 and I look at the hawk really sian 1/2....

nothing wrong with Hk hawk just that the bu32 better build every where.

15-25 eflite e retract for the hawk,do able but still looking around because
the hawk able to house 25-40 eflite retract...

yiming

as for maiden the owner of this hawk will know what to do...
not so soon because the cs90mm still not out yet
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:59 AM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
hows the amp draw???
Don't know yet, I haven't had a chance to run it up yet. I really need a lower KV motor then the 2w-20 I have. I guess I can run it on 4S with this one for now though. Welcome to the thread stefire. Let us know how that fan works out.
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:58 PM
Toronto Canada
Joined Jan 2008
748 Posts
A p20 would push this plane to 150mph easily!! Getting an electric to compete with the exhaust velocity a turbine offers wont be easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Welcome to the forum dude.. Nice buy. You will have it in 8 days most probably because when i order from hk usually on the 8th day all my stuff stop by your country and then head for cyprus.. Good luck with your Hawk

A nice.. A turbine.. What you mean by cs90???
Most prolly im going with a 1200kv and stumax on 10s. This could be a p20 killer at least while the batteries are fresh, but it will be able to do 12s that will be a p20killer for sure. Ofcourse that is going to push my equipment to the edge.
I could also go cheaper with lander fan ot jepe fan or jetfan90 8s with milder setup but who wouldnt like that stumax.

I hope you build the electric first. I want to see one in the air soon and also hear what hes got to say about the flaps on landing
lilphil26 is offline Find More Posts by lilphil26
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:32 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
1,063 Posts
i just ordered mine as there was only -17 ish so as soon as new stock arives we will get ours first. its now a JIT item so shipping will take another week.

i was going to wait for them to arrive to the aust warehouse but meh im just to keen haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8dget View Post
Cool, please let me know if the hawk is available. Been trying to get it for quite a while. Just don't want to order a back ordered product from HK, afraid it gets discontinued and i only have store credits.

Could you share your setup and which retracts you intend to use?

And when are you gonna fly it? Would love to see your maiden.
spyda00 is offline Find More Posts by spyda00
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:32 AM
The Sarawak KoloMee
Singapore
Joined Jan 2008
263 Posts
for the sounds yes p20 win. but come to performance habu32 stock 6s setup is faster then habu with p20

my habu32t is no way with 130mph even after full throttle dive

Hk hawk with thicker wing and fat body I'm sure dun even see 110mph same dive full throttle.

the p20 is for show only,will never went too fast with most 90mm jet for my point of view. if you want fast go funjet with p20!

Funjet Ultra Jetcat P20SE (2 min 36 sec)

yiming

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilphil26 View Post
A p20 would push this plane to 150mph easily!! Getting an electric to compete with the exhaust velocity a turbine offers wont be easy!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:49 AM
Toronto Canada
Joined Jan 2008
748 Posts
I would love to see a video to prove that a 6s electric is faster than a 5lb thrust turbojet!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:52 AM
Toronto Canada
Joined Jan 2008
748 Posts
maybe a wren 44 would be nicer than a p20. I had a wren 70 in a tj 1/12 f16. Now we are talking speed!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:12 AM
The Sarawak KoloMee
Singapore
Joined Jan 2008
263 Posts
with wren44 on Hk hawk is faster for sure but trade off for nice flying Hk hawk,

landing is nightmare...dun tell me the flaps,the wing loading on hawk is just not there
even with p20 still feel heavy,also hawk like lighter flying weight...if want fast edf hawk pbly you are pushing the wrong plane.habu is better bet if looking for speed.

the stock bu32 6s is faster (first2minutes )then my bu32t for sure because I see it my self. no video sorry.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:14 AM
The Sarawak KoloMee
Singapore
Joined Jan 2008
263 Posts
with wren44 on Hk hawk is faster for sure but trade off for nice flying Hk hawk,

landing is nightmare...dun tell me the flaps,the wing loading on hawk is just not there
even with p20 still feel heavy,also hawk like lighter flying weight...if want fast edf hawk pbly you are pushing the wrong plane.habu is better bet if looking for speed.

the stock bu32 6s is faster (first2minutes )then my bu32t for sure because I see it my self. no video sorry.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:12 AM
Joined May 2003
175 Posts
HK Hawk reporting for duty!

Hi Everyone.
My HK Hawk showed up a bit ago, requiring 9 days from Hong Kong to my front door. Unpacking has revealed no shipping damage, at least on casual review, but the tail decals were applied by some factory worker after a 2 martini lunch, apparently!
Any ideas how to fix this without destroying the decal?
Maybe I should sell this one and wait on the next batch??
bonefishfool is offline Find More Posts by bonefishfool
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:43 AM
Joined May 2003
175 Posts
POWER setup for Hawk

While I am getting advice, how about some suggestions for both power and retracts. I am looking for good performance in this plane. I would like to get 130mph or so, similar to my Habu32, or even a bit faster. Is that acheivable without breaking the bank ( Tamjets, Schubler, etc)? It seems very difficult to select a 90mm fan/motor combination to fit this plane and make it really scoot. I am hoping to achieve my goals using a 8S setup in order to maximize the weight/performance ratio.
I have been reading a bit on the RC Lander gear. They look pretty durable, and I think they will fit this plane OK. Anyone have any experience?

Thanks guys. This is a very nice looking plane. Well, except for the decal placement!
bonefishfool is offline Find More Posts by bonefishfool
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:28 PM
The Sarawak KoloMee
Singapore
Joined Jan 2008
263 Posts
I bought a set of eflite 25-45 metal retract for the hawk,forget the lander full metal,
do some research you will know what I'm talking bout

yiming