SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:10 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eye View Post
thanks for the instructions, they are the same as far as i can make out as the ones i downloaded.
anyway i started trying again, first i thought i would try by connecting the throttle lead from the esc, as expected there was no change, then i took a deep breath and a long sigh and connected up using the programming lead, IT WORKED!! all peramiters set and each entry gave me a confirmation tone this time, dont ask how or why because i have no idea, apart from connecting it differently just to try i did nothing else that i had not done many times before.
thanks guys for your input, just wish i could put a solution to the problem i was having?
by the way how do i post videos on here?
thanks again.
Glad it worked for you. You need to upload to youtube or vimeo first and then just copy the link from the address bar.
pavlis is online now Find More Posts by pavlis
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:56 AM
Cyprus, Limassol, Pareklisia
Joined Mar 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlis View Post
Glad it worked for you. You need to upload to youtube or vimeo first and then just copy the link from the address bar.
thanks,
i thought that about video, but how do you then add it directly so it can be played in the post?
1Eye is offline Find More Posts by 1Eye
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:00 AM
Joined Mar 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlis View Post
by the way, where are you from? with the name pavlis it sounds greek.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:44 PM
Joined Oct 2009
1,189 Posts
My apologies for this question, but I have an opportunity to grab one of these fully built. Wondering what the verdict is on them, and if there's anything I need to check. Model comes with a ~2500watt 8cell setup. I don't really want a gentle flyer, more looking for sport flying with good top end speed (by the way how fast have you guys gotten his thing up to??).
nighthawk0077 is online now Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:37 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,248 Posts
only have 2 flights on mine so far so cant quite give you a performance outlook on it, But so far so good. The CS fan blew on the second flight and I now have the JetFan in her ready to go, As soon as the snow melts. Still using the Het 1100kv on 12S.
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:54 PM
Joined Mar 2012
62 Posts
Finally finished!

Some pics and a couple of small vids.
Don't know when i'll get to maiden?
Setup:
Jetfan
HET 700-68 1400
ESC: HK YEP120 HV
3x3sTurnigy Nano 5000 35-70c
Rec pack:Turnigy Nano 2s 2000mAh
5amp BEC
HK 922 servos all round
HK Hawk electric retracts

AUW: 4.4kg !!

VIDEO0109 (0 min 26 sec)

VIDEO0110 (0 min 19 sec)

VIDEO0111 (0 min 13 sec)
Old Mar 01, 2013, 09:53 AM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Anybody happen to have a cockpit sitting area you would want to sell, the black peice that the pilots sit in is what i need not the canopy it's for another projects but will work perfect.

PM if anyone has one they want to sell.

Thanks!
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:12 AM
Joined Mar 2010
112 Posts

Wing Area: 24dm2
That's a wing loading of 183 g/dm2

My advice, from someone who already flew and crashed the plane. Take out all your gear and invest them in another frame.
It has a bad tendency to tip stall.

I know it's a beautiful plane, but looks can be deceiving. Sorry to be such a killjoy
Samjet is offline Find More Posts by Samjet
Old Mar 01, 2013, 12:29 PM
Joined Mar 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samjet View Post
Wing Area: 24dm2
That's a wing loading of 183 g/dm2

My advice, from someone who already flew and crashed the plane. Take out all your gear and invest them in another frame.
It has a bad tendency to tip stall.

I know it's a beautiful plane, but looks can be deceiving. Sorry to be such a killjoy
I was wondering why it took so long for someone to to comment yes i know all you say is true and thanks for your concern. i have been in this hobby now for the best part of 30years so now if ever i wreck a model i still have a smile, i see it all as a challenge, some you succeed at and some you fail, just how it go's!
you may be thinking i like to crash them but i don't, it's a huge challenge to get this thing to fly and i will do my very best, rest assured
I fly from a huge salt lake so i can make my take off's and landings real fast
Watch this space and wish me luck!
Last edited by 1Eye; Mar 01, 2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 04:30 PM
Canada
Joined Dec 2005
201 Posts
I had this jet for 2 years, it flew GREAT!!! I sold it to a club member to fund other projects, and I regret doin that. I also had the JTM hawk which is almost 3 X the price of the HK kit. Guess which kit was more forgiving?? The HK hawk - The thicker airfoil made this jet slow down quite nicely for landings, and didnt have the tendency to tip stall as the JTM kit. The JTM wasnt the easiet to fly. At the end of the day its a jet, its not built to float around like a glider.
johnny_0 is offline Find More Posts by johnny_0
Old Mar 01, 2013, 05:16 PM
Joined Mar 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_0 View Post
I had this jet for 2 years, it flew GREAT!!! I sold it to a club member to fund other projects, and I regret doin that. I also had the JTM hawk which is almost 3 X the price of the HK kit. Guess which kit was more forgiving?? The HK hawk - The thicker airfoil made this jet slow down quite nicely for landings, and didnt have the tendency to tip stall as the JTM kit. The JTM wasnt the easiet to fly. At the end of the day its a jet, its not built to float around like a glider.
johnny thanks for that, its always nice to hear some encouraging words but it is always good to have a vast wealth of opinions and experiance also.
just out of curiosity what was your setup and AUW?
Old Mar 01, 2013, 07:03 PM
Canada
Joined Dec 2005
201 Posts
Quote:
johnny thanks for that, its always nice to hear some encouraging words but it is always good to have a vast wealth of opinions and experiance also.
just out of curiosity what was your setup and AUW?
I kept it as light as possible, with no rudder... not sure what my weight was to be honest. My setup was
8s 3300 - 4500mah packs,
ARC 36-75-1 motor wemo-90mm fan
Ice 100 amp esc ((did not place it behind the motor))
not retracts just bungee launch, It hauled the mail on my setup and landings were nice and sloww
If I was do one again Id do it with retracts. At the time I didnt have the patience to do it
johnny_0 is offline Find More Posts by johnny_0
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:27 AM
Joined Mar 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_0 View Post
I kept it as light as possible, with no rudder... not sure what my weight was to be honest. My setup was
8s 3300 - 4500mah packs,
ARC 36-75-1 motor wemo-90mm fan
Ice 100 amp esc ((did not place it behind the motor))
not retracts just bungee launch, It hauled the mail on my setup and landings were nice and sloww
If I was do one again Id do it with retracts. At the time I didnt have the patience to do it
thanks
as i see it the only places i could shed some weight would be bats,cockpit and seperate receiver batt, i have no choice but to have landing gear because belly landing on the salt lake would be like landing on sand paper! if i changed to 8s 4500 i could shed around 400g and if i were to deal with the other stuff i mentioned i could probably get it down to a little under 4kg AUW lets see what the maiden reveals? and if indeed it makes it through the maiden

can you remember what kind of flight times you were achieving?
anyhow depending on what my familly have planed i will maybe maiden tomorrow

talking about weight reminded me! i had new springs made for the LG struts, the originals just stayed compressed, they are around 34_40% stiffer.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 12:18 PM
Joined Mar 2010
112 Posts
Quote:
I was wondering why it took so long for someone to to comment yes i know all you say is true and thanks for your concern. i have been in this hobby now for the best part of 30years so now if ever i wreck a model i still have a smile, i see it all as a challenge, some you succeed at and some you fail, just how it go's!
you may be thinking i like to crash them but i don't, it's a huge challenge to get this thing to fly and i will do my very best, rest assured
I fly from a huge salt lake so i can make my take off's and landings real fast
Watch this space and wish me luck!
I wish you luck Maybe mine was just noseheavy. The steering felt really slow and it wouldn't bleed speed. I had already at that time flown 5 years.
Samjet is offline Find More Posts by Samjet
Old Mar 02, 2013, 12:34 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samjet View Post
I wish you luck Maybe mine was just noseheavy. The steering felt really slow and it wouldn't bleed speed. I had already at that time flown 5 years.
They do hold the speed for some time.
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash