HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:54 PM
Cyprus, Limassol, Pareklisia
Joined Mar 2012
62 Posts
Hi all, i'm finally back on the build of this hawk, just something i came across while working on the wing. I purchased the retracts from HK that are specific for this model, however one of them does not lock in the down position, if i push on it the cam on the trunnion slides over the threaded actuator. i discovered that one of the micro switches is broken and allowing the actuator to travel too far, i have now put two tiny packers which stop it in the correct position but i don't know if this will cause damage long term or high battery drain or can the overrun electronics deal with this? if the electronics geeks amongst you all answer that question for me i would be much obliged?
I have put up a couple of pics and i have a small vid but can someone tell me how to upload it??

Good to see so many of these have been built and flown, looking forward to finishing mine now!
1Eye is offline Find More Posts by 1Eye
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:41 PM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,806 Posts
Maidened mine the other weekend... first flight was great until the landing.... there were quite strong cross-strip gusts... just as the rear wheels touched a gust came through and picked up the left wing tip quite suddenly and the Hawk proceeded to cartwheel..

Not sure if I will fix it yet.. Very bummed.
BulletMaster is online now Find More Posts by BulletMaster
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:18 PM
Vertical Unlimited
Mandurah, Western Australia
Joined Mar 2007
557 Posts
Wing reinforcement?

I'm just in the process of finishing my Hawk. One item that concerned me was the lack of reinforcement at the center wing joint. In my IC days we always wrapped the wing panels joint in fiberglass cloth, but this bird seems to rely on a timber joint (?). I don't know what dihedral braces lie inside the wing, out of site, as it is delivered as a finished one-piece. Anyone experienced any wing failures? Does it need reinforcing? Sorry if this has been covered - it's a long thread, and I've followed it sporadically.
Straight Up is offline Find More Posts by Straight Up
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:57 AM
redcar cleveland uk
Joined Nov 2010
287 Posts
Yes i fibreglassed under the belly pan, i did this after pull out of a high speed pass and hearing a loud crack Luckly i landed quickly and found that i had a lot more dihedral than when i took off
phily32 is offline Find More Posts by phily32
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:23 AM
Hi, I am Michael from Taipei
Taiwan, 北市
Joined May 2012
308 Posts
Hey guys, I install EPF 6S/1900kv EDF in my CMP T-45. The sound is great.....

2013 0116 CMP T 45 with EPF 1900kv EDF (2 min 50 sec)
mw46mw46 is offline Find More Posts by mw46mw46
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:09 AM
Joined Feb 2010
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw46mw46 View Post

http://youtu.be/cY_m-_z32So
Nice flying!
So you changed from the "Alloy DPS Series 90mm EDF unit with 1900kv Motor" to the "EPF MERCURY 90mm 6S(1900KV)"?
Is there a difference?
guyst is online now Find More Posts by guyst
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:00 AM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined May 2012
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyst View Post
Nice flying!
So you changed from the "Alloy DPS Series 90mm EDF unit with 1900kv Motor" to the "EPF MERCURY 90mm 6S(1900KV)"?
Is there a difference?
They have almost same weight. It's easy to replace the RCLander 6S/1900kv EDF with EPF 6S/1900kv one.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:49 AM
Joined Feb 2010
666 Posts
Quote:
They have almost same weight. It's easy to replace the RCLander 6S/1900kv EDF with EPF 6S/1900kv one.
Is there a difrerence in trust?
guyst is online now Find More Posts by guyst
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:42 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined May 2012
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyst View Post
Is there a difrerence in trust?
Yes. The efficiency of 12 blades EDF commonly is lower than the 6 blade. I will say maybe 0.3+ kg difference at same current. But, I think it's worth to trade for the "jet sound" when speed can't excit me more.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:15 AM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,525 Posts
Quote:

http://youtu.be/cY_m-_z32So
Nice sound and great landing. I notice my L-59 parked as the Hawk pulls in.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:50 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2007
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl View Post
Nice sound and great landing. I notice my L-59 parked as the Hawk pulls in.
mw46
Very nice fleet of jets!
Urrl, your L-59 is parked on the other side of the earth. lol
nerv is offline Find More Posts by nerv
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:57 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined May 2012
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerv View Post
mw46
Very nice fleet of jets!
Urrl, your L-59 is parked on the other side of the earth. lol
Nerv & Urrl,

Welcome to park yours here...
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:06 PM
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
hi all. Just a quick one im struggling with. I have got the h/k 12 blade fan unit with het 700-60-1738 motor. The instructions of the motor states a max 8s lipo should be used. I tried x2 4s 4000mah nanos from h/k, and am using the h/k dlux 120a esc. The motor runs and seems to get to max at 3/4 throttle. It then maks a boom noise and cuts. I thought this would be too much battery power so purchased x2 3s 4000mah nano lipos in hope the motor would run to full throttle. Now I get a 2 second start up and the motor stops dead. I throttle back then it goes again for 2 seconds then stops again. Do i need a new motor or a different battery setup?
any ideas where im going wrong. Oh I also have the h.k dlux programming box which I can't get to work either!!
bluetomcat74 is offline Find More Posts by bluetomcat74
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:30 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetomcat74 View Post
hi all. Just a quick one im struggling with. I have got the h/k 12 blade fan unit with het 700-60-1738 motor. The instructions of the motor states a max 8s lipo should be used. I tried x2 4s 4000mah nanos from h/k, and am using the h/k dlux 120a esc. The motor runs and seems to get to max at 3/4 throttle. It then maks a boom noise and cuts. I thought this would be too much battery power so purchased x2 3s 4000mah nano lipos in hope the motor would run to full throttle. Now I get a 2 second start up and the motor stops dead. I throttle back then it goes again for 2 seconds then stops again. Do i need a new motor or a different battery setup?
any ideas where im going wrong. Oh I also have the h.k dlux programming box which I can't get to work either!!
see if it will run on a single 4s pack, you may have damaged your esc running it on 8s as it would pull more than 140amps with that motor
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:19 AM
Joined Feb 2013
1,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetomcat74 View Post

I might sound like the evil guy here but the truth is u need a whole new power setup.
With that fan unit even a 6s setup is too much. The esc is crap no question about it. I had it and burned on the second run. There are many other several occassions that that happened.
If you want to use that fan and you are absolutely sure its one from the good batch that do not explode then get ur self a good 1400kv motor if you are going 8s or. 1500-1600kv if you are stickinf with 6s
Now if you want to go 8s I would recommend the castle ice 100 and if you are going 6s the k-force 100 which bursts up to 150 is a very very good and cheap solution
Btw you cqn sell your motor and get the new 1500kv motor from hk for half the money
Nowww if you dont mind changing the fan. Keep your motor which is qctuallya great motor and get the Het 9305 fan unit for 45usd. And have something that will last for a lifetime. An you will be able to combine your batteries and fly 7 or 8s depending on your mood. If you want longer flying times go and if you want speed go 8s.
My 2c
pavlis is online now Find More Posts by pavlis