HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2012, 02:53 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
AFT felt absolutely fine would not consider not fitting one.If I build another I think it would be the T-45 after having a stupidly overpowered 70mm Sapac the navy marking seemed much more visible.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2012, 03:29 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
Well it certainly went better than mine bungee launced perfectly flew great AFT worked well controlls felt good bungee ramp on the far side of the runway so I was walking backwards took my eyes off it for a second to see If I had cleared the runway to land well a second was too long.From now on I will ask somebody if I have cleared the strip.Still all the gear seems fine and the jetfan don't half go.
Ouch! Sorry Gaz. But she did fly fine eh?

After being sick all week and not lifting a finger.. I managed to finish the wings and install the wings today. Moving onto the tail next
vettster is online now Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
Old May 27, 2012, 05:56 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
Yep it flew now who would like to ride in the back seat.The guy I had on the external camera gets bored very quickly.
Hawk demise (1 min 17 sec)
Old May 27, 2012, 06:27 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,588 Posts
OH Gaz..............What can I say.....Bugger

After such a long wait, that just terrible. I think mine will just sit in the workshop as I don't think I will live long enough to learn to fly it.
Makes you wonder sometimes if they are worth it , foamies survive better most times.
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old May 27, 2012, 06:39 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
With hind site so many things i would have done differently as it was a maiden i wanted to be behind the aircraft for the bungee launch should have released from the flight line then i would not have been trying to walkabout I did not want to land off the runway as it had been cut and left in piles to mulch.but watching the video i can see i am going over our boundaries ever few seconds as a golf club now has part of the area we have planning for you can see that i keep turning well that is all to try to keep within our airspace it's about half what it was a year ago.
Old May 27, 2012, 06:47 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,588 Posts
They eat up the sky and if you slow down they fall out of the sky.
I usually have the field to myself when I maiden but on normal club days we have to have another pilot with us (club rule) and I have been guide back of the strip a few times. Does not help that your flying space had changed, so you had more than normal to worry about.
Have you ordered the replacement yet.....
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old May 28, 2012, 06:06 AM
redcar cleveland uk
Joined Nov 2010
287 Posts
Hi gaz what setup where you using how much did it weigh how many watts and cells mine weighs about 8lb without the retracts on 8s at 2500watts do u think it will bungee ok
Ps gaz sorry for your loss m8, this is what we have to get use to in this hobby. my hawk was maidened yeserday and didnt even get off the ground broke the lander retracts not enough ground speed off grass wheels to small i think
phily32 is offline Find More Posts by phily32
Old May 28, 2012, 07:26 AM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
well just done a quick conversion and it was a tad over 7 lbs 10s on scorpion 1210 kv and JETFAN 2 there chart has it at 4.3 kg of thrust that.s a tad under 9.5 lbs from memory it was about 3.5 KW WOT wish I got a chance to really test it.O and just over 40lbs on the bungee.
Old May 28, 2012, 08:20 AM
One eyed Corsair
PARIS
Joined Jul 2005
2,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
They eat up the sky and if you slow down they fall out of the sky.
I usually have the field to myself when I maiden but on normal club days we have to have another pilot with us (club rule) and I have been guide back of the strip a few times. Does not help that your flying space had changed, so you had more than normal to worry about.
Have you ordered the replacement yet.....
Ah... Dassault ingeneers are used to say that a pilot is 50% more stupid when he flies... More seriously, that's a good thing to get some good help from an other pilot during maiden flights to keep an eye on some non-essential parameters. You can be 100% concentrated on the basics (that's not too much...).
GGRN is offline Find More Posts by GGRN
Old May 29, 2012, 05:35 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,796 Posts
HK now has the L59 for sale! Got my order in
BulletMaster is offline Find More Posts by BulletMaster
Old May 29, 2012, 06:42 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletMaster View Post
HK now has the L59 for sale! Got my order in
Pity I just bought another Habu 32
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old May 29, 2012, 07:42 AM
Joined Mar 2010
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
Yep it flew now who would like to ride in the back seat.The guy I had on the external camera gets bored very quickly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b434B...eature=mh_lolz
Mine did the same When I earlier posted my comments about this jet's unstable flight charateristics, nobody was listening. I wasted 600 $. I just wonder why it hasn't become a well known fact that the hawk is a piece of
Samjet is offline Find More Posts by Samjet
Old May 29, 2012, 07:48 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nantwich
Joined Jan 2012
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phily32 View Post
didnt even get off the ground broke the lander retracts not enough ground speed off grass wheels to small i think
I was thinking of these for my T45 and grass is all I have, did the strut break? Please keep me posted if bigger wheels helped
Hixxer is offline Find More Posts by Hixxer
Old May 29, 2012, 07:56 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samjet View Post
Mine did the same When I earlier posted my comments about this jet's unstable flight charateristics, nobody was listening. I wasted 600 $. I just wonder why it hasn't become a well known fact that the hawk is a piece of
Because....it isn't.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old May 29, 2012, 08:47 AM
redcar cleveland uk
Joined Nov 2010
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samjet View Post
There are a lot of good models which if are not set up properaly or flown correctly you could call .its just not for begginers not saying you are but hell we,ve all been caught out once over i did this weekend trying to get it off the ground with undercarriage which is designed for tarmac
phily32 is offline Find More Posts by phily32