HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:51 PM
Joined May 2003
175 Posts
Thanks a lot! Do the EFlites fit right in, or need to modify the wing?
bonefishfool is offline Find More Posts by bonefishfool
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:58 PM
The Sarawak KoloMee
Singapore
Joined Jan 2008
263 Posts
I will post some pics when I'm back from jet meetup at Malaysia slim river

dont fool around with e retract same size as eflite 15-25 size,I hv been go tru
3sets of them on my bu32t.they work very well,just don't last how I wish,some imperfect
landing you are done!

yiming
SniperWj is offline Find More Posts by SniperWj
Old Nov 18, 2011, 01:56 PM
Joined May 2003
175 Posts
Thanks- have a good meet. Looking forward to seeing your photos- also, what fan and motor are you using?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 02:52 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilphil26 View Post
A p20 would push this plane to 150mph easily!! Getting an electric to compete with the exhaust velocity a turbine offers wont be easy!
but they already beat 150mph on the setup I already posted and after a split s 163mph
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Nov 18, 2011, 04:28 PM
RickyBoy
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
349 Posts
Mine left Hong Kong today
RickyBoy49 is offline Find More Posts by RickyBoy49
Old Nov 18, 2011, 04:30 PM
RickyBoy
Joined Mar 2010
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperWj View Post
I will post some pics when I'm back from jet meetup at Malaysia slim river

dont fool around with e retract same size as eflite 15-25 size,I hv been go tru
3sets of them on my bu32t.they work very well,just don't last how I wish,some imperfect
landing you are done!

yiming
I have TamJet struts no problem on my Bu
Old Nov 18, 2011, 04:30 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,607 Posts
Mine has passed customs here in OZ and should be here mid week depending on OZ posts delivery.
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Nov 18, 2011, 04:32 PM
RickyBoy
Joined Mar 2010
349 Posts
I think these might fit

http://ohiousarc.com/cart/tamjets-el...af5edea9b72da7
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:54 PM
Joined May 2003
175 Posts
Those Tamjets look VERY nice. Unfortunately, they are out of my price range. I can afford the eflite 25 - 46 retracts. I just hope that they will fit into the HK Hawk, which, btw, is drop dead gorgeous, except for that mis-placed decal on the vertical..
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:17 AM
Joined Mar 2011
122 Posts
Can it run on 4s?
rc flyer dude is offline Find More Posts by rc flyer dude
Last edited by rc flyer dude; Nov 19, 2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 09:20 AM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc flyer dude View Post
Can it run on 4s? If I could get close to 100 I would be happy.
Really? That would be quite the amp draw, I don't think i would attempt that.
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:39 PM
Joined Sep 2006
19 Posts
Good news is I got mine delivered last Monday and it is one beautiful model..
Bad news is she had her maiden today and didn't have enough power, and too tail heavy.. Got 3ft of the deck, pitched up and rolled onto the wing.. Repairable but upsetting just the same..
Setup was a jetfan90 with het motor on 6s, 5000mah no where near the power needed, thrust tests before the flight kind of told me that but since it was a bungee lauch i figured give it ago..so I'm gonna have to build a thrust stand to test what output I'm getting.. If anyone knows of a good build thread for one let me know.
I followed the manuals cog position which meant putting the battery as far back as I could, and all the electrics far back between the ducts and yet still had to add a lot of lead to the tail to get her to balance on the stand as per manual but flight characteristics point to her being tail heavy?
When you get your models could you let me know if you think the manuals cog is correct as she seems to be way to nose heavy with components in normal positions without landing gear..
Anyway on with the repairs...
I too wanted to put my p20 in this but conferring with my fellow flight buddies I don't think a p20 will have enough guts..
ghettotige is offline Find More Posts by ghettotige
Last edited by ghettotige; Nov 19, 2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:44 PM
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
United States, NC, Jacksonville
Joined Apr 2006
1,653 Posts
What was the weight of the plane and Kv of the motor? 6s at around 2Kw should fly this plane just fine. In the Jetfan I think it needs a 1700-1800 Kv motor. The rear CG however is not good, good luck with the repais.
scatsob is offline Find More Posts by scatsob
Old Nov 19, 2011, 01:11 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettotige View Post
Good news is I got mine delivered last Monday and it is one beautiful model..
Bad news is she had her maiden today and didn't have enough power, and too tail heavy.. Got 3ft of the deck, pitched up and rolled onto the wing.. Repairable but upsetting just the same..
Setup was a jetfan90 with het motor on 6s, 5000mah no where near the power needed, thrust tests before the flight kind of told me that but since it was a bungee lauch i figured give it ago..so I'm gonna have to build a thrust stand to test what output I'm getting.. If anyone knows of a good build thread for one let me know.
I followed the manuals cog position which meant putting the battery as far back as I could, and all the electrics far back between the ducts and yet still had to add a lot of lead to the tail to get her to balance on the stand as per manual but flight characteristics point to her being tail heavy?
When you get your models could you let me know if you think the manuals cog is correct as she seems to be way to nose heavy with components in normal positions without landing gear..
Anyway on with the repairs...
I too wanted to put my p20 in this but conferring with my fellow flight buddies I don't think a p20 will have enough guts..
which het motor??? have you measured wattage??? have you set your throttle end points to achieve full power???
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Nov 19, 2011, 02:10 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,290 Posts
Where did you set your cg I am still waiting on my kit been in departures for about a week now.
Gaz-b is online now Find More Posts by Gaz-b