SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 07, 2011, 05:35 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2011
364 Posts
Discussion
Skyartec Wasp V4 Servo question

Hi guys i was in the process of replacing the main gear in my Wasp 250 V4, and dismantled the arms from the servos, i read the forum afterwards that i shouldnt have done this,
can someone tell me what is involved in resetting up the servo arm alignments?? is this a big job, i know i am a idiot. as i am a bit of a noob, anyway how to fix is what i am asking.
Or should i take it to a hobby shop.

see below what i read on a forum on this site....
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandino
Hi all, newbie here. Ive got the Wasp and I have to say its a beautiful machine. Unfortunately it has a stripped main gear. I have a replacement but just wondering if its a job for a noob. I'm pretty competant but I'm not sure how much I have to remove. I assume that once I release the bottom of the drive shaft and lift it, the gear will be able to be removed but what about the swash plate. Do i take this all off or no. Any detailed info will help me to get this machine running. Many thanks in advance.
First have a piece of masking tape ready. Ujnder the main gear, holding the main shaft down is a collar. This collar has a screw through it and the shaft. Using a sharpie put a dot on the side of the collar that the threaded end of the screw protrudes from. The other side has a hole for the screw that is not threaded.

Disconnect all of the servo connectors AT the ball link end; not the servo end; leave servo arms in place on the servo. Unscrew the two inner screws that hold the rear swashplate arm. loosen the other screws enough to tilt this holder back out of the way.
Now unscrew the screw in the collar under the main gear. Now lift the complete head unit up enough to clear the top of the main gear; I don't usually pull it all the way out.
Edge the gear out of the frame taking care to not stretch the belt; ease the belt off the pulley. Tape the belt to the frame to insure you don't replace it with the incorrect twist or a double twist which would cause tail rotor to spin in the wrong direction or bind the belt inside the boom.

Replace the main gear and reverse the process to reassemble

Max
andione1983 is online now Find More Posts by andione1983
Last edited by andione1983; Nov 07, 2011 at 05:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2011, 08:45 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Centering servo arms is not a big job. Just connect battery and turn on transmitter; then put arms on at level position.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14