SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 06, 2011, 09:08 PM
United States, TX, Hico
Joined Oct 2011
72 Posts
Discussion
RF6 question

I hear people make changes to aircraft in the sim, forgive me, i'm a newbie and its my first sim.
What I am wondering is, the trainer I fly at the field is a NexStar (*used), the AFS was removed, the speedbrake training flaps and spincontrol airfoil extensions are removed and it has a Super Tiger .45.
Its actually a very good flying trainer as I was able to make a couple of takeoffs and landings today in 18mph winds.... ( i know its not recommended, but it makes for some awesome training) and i've flown it about 10 times on a buddy box. After today, (and many hours of high wind sim flying) I was told I may be off the box real soon.

anyway, can the aircraft be chanded in the sim...?

Thanks for reading.
Airfield2 is offline Find More Posts by Airfield2
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2011, 09:33 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
What does chanded mean?
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Nov 06, 2011, 09:40 PM
United States, TX, Hico
Joined Oct 2011
72 Posts
sorry, "changed"... modified, altered, chopped, stripped down, or upgraded.

... simple typo, should have caught it, my bad, sorry.
Old Nov 06, 2011, 09:51 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
I looked at that word wondering what it should've been. "Changed" did not come to mind. (Actually nothing did.)

Any of the aircraft in RF can be "chanded" as you see fit. Any model can be made to suit one's personal preferences.
Last edited by jeffpn; Nov 06, 2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:48 AM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
In RealFlight 6 you have two ways of modifying aircraft. If you just want to make a simple change to the throws or something like that, type Ctrl Q and a the Quick Edit screen will come up allowing you to make those simple changes. To make more substantial changes. Go to the Aircraft menu and Edit (name of aircraft you have loaded). There you can change almost anything you'd like on the aircraft.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfield2 View Post
I hear people make changes to aircraft in the sim, forgive me, i'm a newbie and its my first sim.
What I am wondering is, the trainer I fly at the field is a NexStar (*used), the AFS was removed, the speedbrake training flaps and spincontrol airfoil extensions are removed and it has a Super Tiger .45.
Its actually a very good flying trainer as I was able to make a couple of takeoffs and landings today in 18mph winds.... ( i know its not recommended, but it makes for some awesome training) and i've flown it about 10 times on a buddy box. After today, (and many hours of high wind sim flying) I was told I may be off the box real soon.

anyway, can the aircraft be chanded in the sim...?

Thanks for reading.
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 11, 2011, 09:44 PM
United States, TX, Hico
Joined Oct 2011
72 Posts
I was able to zero out the speedbrake deflection, then I had to re-trim the plane a bit, but it worked.

I actually increased the engine to 150% for a while, pretty fast for a trainer, but I put it back to 100% to keep it real. I checked out the P51 and it was set to 150% (engine)... is that normal...?
It makes me wonder if 100% is actually "underpowering" the airplane?
Shouldnt 100% be Max?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 09:59 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
It could be that the torque generator assigned in the P51 is too small for it. Ideally, you'd have a setting of 100%, but sometimes the torque generator that has the right curves to it may be too large or too small in power for the model. The easy fix then, is to adjust that percentage.