HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2011, 06:58 PM
Canada, MB, Oakbank
Joined Dec 2004
657 Posts
Yippee!
Dollar Tree: We Finally Got One Here!!!!

Just wanna say and let people know that Winnipeg, Manitoba now has a Dollar Tree store. Just got back and they are still unpacking things, shelves are not yet full, but am anxiously waiting. No RediBoard yet, but they had the Awesome cleaner there for the RediBoard paper removal. You darn guys posted that the Awesome worked great, but never mentioned that there was an Awesome cleaner for almost every darn purpose! I do not have a smart phone, so searching online in store was not an option. I looked at all of them, and decided to try one. I picked right. Came home and tried it on a piece of scrap. Does this stuff work great. No leftover glue, paper or residue. Thanks for the tips.
NEW222 is offline Find More Posts by NEW222
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2011, 07:02 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,467 Posts
Ah, you poor guy, now the addiction will just get stronger and stronger

Just don't go and buy the whole box, it's the same price, so you can pace yourself, exercising restraint, buy just what you need for the next build, and not fill the house with foam! At least not too soon.....
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2011, 08:49 PM
Canada, MB, Oakbank
Joined Dec 2004
657 Posts
Sorry, too late. I already have a bunch of RediBoard from teh Dollarama, and a healthy stack of FFF. The bench is covered in various foam pieces and shapes. Some even resemble aircraft. The rafters also contain any aircraft that fit! But maybe somebody beat me to the foam as there was none present. Lucky someone.....
Old Nov 12, 2011, 04:38 PM
Tualatin, OR
Joined Oct 2009
273 Posts
Yep, having a Dollar Tree close by is a mixed blessing. So inexpensive and convenient. But storing all the airplanes can become a problem. But what a great problem to have!

Gary
gjalbert is offline Find More Posts by gjalbert
Old Nov 13, 2011, 03:43 AM
It's Just Foam!!!
Canton,Ga
Joined Apr 2010
948 Posts
Try living right across the street from one!
EZglider is offline Find More Posts by EZglider
Old Nov 13, 2011, 08:06 AM
Canada, MB, Oakbank
Joined Dec 2004
657 Posts
I see how that could be nerve-racking. Closing at 9, seeing it close, then needing more foam at 9:15....
Old Nov 14, 2011, 03:59 AM
It's Just Foam!!!
Canton,Ga
Joined Apr 2010
948 Posts
Sometimes I feel like an alcoholic driving past a liquor store! My mind wants to run in and buy foam, even if I don't have a build going on!
EZglider is offline Find More Posts by EZglider
Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:49 PM
"Yes, it's my real hair."
United States, VT
Joined Nov 2011
29 Posts
You're lucky, there is only one Dollar Tree within a reasonable drive here. I went to the store tonight and asked two clerks about foam core board. Both confirmed the store hasn't carried it in a very long time. (It's Vermont, what can you expect?)
AirborneGeek is offline Find More Posts by AirborneGeek
Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:52 PM
Trapped in California
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2003
1,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZglider View Post
Sometimes I feel like an alcoholic driving past a liquor store! My mind wants to run in and buy foam, even if I don't have a build going on!
Yeah, that's me (not the alcoholic part though). Love that DT foam board!
foamflyer is offline Find More Posts by foamflyer
Old Nov 28, 2011, 08:54 PM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2011
300 Posts
And I thought I was the only one with inexplicable DT foam cravings.

There's something addicting about getting a couple of cheap sheets of foam and knowing that you can make damn near anything out of them.
WombatControl is offline Find More Posts by WombatControl
Old Nov 28, 2011, 09:09 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneGeek View Post
You're lucky, there is only one Dollar Tree within a reasonable drive here. I went to the store tonight and asked two clerks about foam core board. Both confirmed the store hasn't carried it in a very long time. (It's Vermont, what can you expect?)
You can always ask to order a carton, it would be $50, but maybe you can split it with a buddy. Check it here over on the left side...

http://www.dollartree.com/catalog/se...0board&x=0&y=0
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:39 PM
Bay Area California
Joined Apr 2007
2,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Ah, you poor guy, now the addiction will just get stronger and stronger

Just don't go and buy the whole box, it's the same price, so you can pace yourself, exercising restraint, buy just what you need for the next build, and not fill the house with foam! At least not too soon.....
But if you buy the whole box you get a free container to store and protect the foam...
sketchaholic is offline Find More Posts by sketchaholic
Old Nov 29, 2011, 08:02 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchaholic View Post
But if you buy the whole box you get a free container to store and protect the foam...
Ha! Right there is the justification to buy it. Make sure you explain your $50 purchase that way to your wife.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 06:12 PM
"Yes, it's my real hair."
United States, VT
Joined Nov 2011
29 Posts
I was jonesing for Readi-Board bad so I broke down and bought Elmer's foam board. Had...to...have...some! Can't...control...myself.

Soaked the board in hot water and rolled all the paper off. Not hard but messy. What's the difference between the core of Elmer's board and the core of the Redi-Board? I've never seen Readi-Board.
AirborneGeek is offline Find More Posts by AirborneGeek
Last edited by AirborneGeek; Dec 01, 2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 09:00 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,179 Posts
I dunno, I've never bought Elmer's. The Dollar Tree stuff is slightly wavey with the crests or high points about every 6 inches of so and a fluctuation of maybe 1/16" or less. Don't know which is thicker or thinner.
Not much help, huh?