SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 06, 2011, 06:23 PM
Joined Jul 2006
106 Posts
Discussion
Futaba 8FG Super or Aurora 9

Hello everyone. I need advice. I'm going to build a giant scale gasser as my winter project. What would be the best Tx, the FUTABA 8FG Super or the Aurora 9. I like the secure feeling of the 8FG as well as the sbus but I like the telemetry features of the A9. Which would be the best pick?
FLY GUY EDDY is offline Find More Posts by FLY GUY EDDY
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2011, 08:37 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
Main advantage of the Aurora 9 is that it has telemetry.

Main advantage of the 8FG is that it has 14 (12+2) channels.

I own an 8FG and highly recommend it. I think it is more polished and technologically advances (excluding its current lack of telemetry, of course), because of things such as having higher resolution, lower latency, and using an SD card.

That being said, I know a lot of Aurora 9 owners highly recommend their radios too.

Really, what's important is that you get what you want.
Wrend is offline Find More Posts by Wrend
Old Nov 06, 2011, 09:16 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
United States, OH, Bristolville
Joined Oct 2010
4,710 Posts
I have the A9 and love it I do not fly anything that big, and all I fly is electric. The biggest plane I have is the 51'' AJ slick, and have been using the A9 all year with no problems. Another plus about the A9 besides its telementary is its touch screen, best thing ever it makes programing quick and simple. Plus there receivers are cheep compared to futaba.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Nov 06, 2011, 09:34 PM
Joined Jul 2006
106 Posts
Thanks for your response guys. I'm going to build the Goldwing Raven 50cc and I wanted to get one of these Txs.
FLY GUY EDDY is offline Find More Posts by FLY GUY EDDY