SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 09, 2011, 10:51 PM
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
Hahaha. Hey Kevin, would these work?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

I am affraid I can't go over this price tag. Everything has to fit into the budget you know!
torque roll is offline Find More Posts by torque roll
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2011, 11:48 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
Would be nice to have something like the English Electric P1 lightning, Avro Vulcan etc
At this stage, nothing composite planned, we have the foamy Vampire (which is excellent) and another, very significant British cold war jet in development (2nd test flight tomorrow then it goes off for molding)....but a bit early to give details...as for composite in the future? Yeah, maybe.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Nov 09, 2011, 11:50 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torque roll View Post
Hey Scott, I just wanted to thank you again for getting the L-39.

What predicted price tag would it have? It can't be hardly any more than the hawk because they are the same size class.
Retracts are a go, I would think the price for the L-39 would be almost identical, but don't hold me to that.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 03:32 AM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,598 Posts
Scott, now you have got me hooked on what aircraft it might be, any idea of when you might be able let us know what it is.
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Nov 10, 2011, 06:15 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
As I said, final test flights tomorrow, once I have the test shot in my hand, you will know....it might get out a little faster than that, but I'm not prepared to say a word until after tomorrow!
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:00 AM
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
United States, NC, Jacksonville
Joined Apr 2006
1,653 Posts
Again, timeline on the L-39 being in stock? Pretty please.
scatsob is offline Find More Posts by scatsob
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:48 AM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
Quote:
Hahaha. Hey Kevin, would these work?

I am affraid I can't go over this price tag. Everything has to fit into the budget you know!
That's only rated @ 25C continuous...Not really enough...These are what I'm using... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

I also have some of these that are working well and less expensive... http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl5000-6s1p-40c-6666.html

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Nov 10, 2011, 04:02 PM
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
You think Sky Lipo is better than Zippy? Is old fashion Turnigy any better? I was really hoping not to go over $70.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 04:28 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
Quote:
You think Sky Lipo is better than Zippy? Is old fashion Turnigy any better? I was really hoping not to go over $70.
I've had very good results with Sky Lipo---But I don't consider them a premium battery but a good battery for the $$$...I like Gens Ace a little better but they don't make a 6S 5000 mAh 40+ C pack...

I had a couple of Zippy packs given to me that were hardly used by a guy using them in a 64mm jet...I doubled them up running them in series for 6S to run them in a 70mm jet and they puffed really badly...The thing is that I was running the same size packs in Turnigy Nano and Blue Lipo without puffing...I cut the connectors off of them and destroyed them before disposal..Maybe Zippy has gotten better since last year when I had them...All I know is if you look through all of the DF posts you don't see anyone running Zippy's...

The thing is with batteries you really need to buy the best you can..It really is false economy to some of the lesser cost batteries...They don't last due to getting too hot...Gotta run for now..

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Nov 10, 2011, 04:42 PM
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
Nano Tech 35c (70c burst) vs. Turnigy 40c. Which is better?

Here is the Nano Tech:

This one is cheaper, has more discharge, and has the connectors pf choice:

I would rather use this:

Last edited by torque roll; Nov 10, 2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 04:52 PM
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
Truth be told, I've never bought a battery form Hobbyking. I've never really bought anything from Hobbyking. I usually buy from Nitroplanes, xheli, rcx, hobbypartz, or Horizon Hobby (sorry Scott ). I clicked on one of Hobbyking's links a little while ago and was shocked by their fabulous deals. I am mostly an acrobatic/3D pilot, and if you've ever taken a look at their section, Hobbyking's reputation is riddled with bullet holes. I've met a lot of people who like buying from HK, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Sorry I am new to this whole edf thing. I am a moderately good pilot (scratch building, and 3D experience), so I hope I am ok at this.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 05:20 PM
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
Quote:
Hey Scott, for those of us who are brand loyal (Align, 3DHS, and all other major manufactors), are these authentic China Pro 09 jets and reteracts?
The question still stands. Not that I am picky. I know people that are. A LOT OF 'EM AT MY FLYING FIELD! If it's not such and such brand, they won't buy it. It really restricts them. That's why they refuse to buy planes from HK. They don't know who makes them (it is especially important when you get into balsa and fiberglass).

You guys know anybody like that?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:35 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,531 Posts
I had some excellent results with 2650mah nanos, so I started convert everything to nanos. I have everything from 3s-2200 all the way to 6s-5000, both 70c and the high discharge 90c versions. Unfortunately in the past year, just about every one of them started puffing. It's specially worse with the 90c 5000 which I paid premium for. They were never abused, never used beyond 1/2 of its C rating, always balance charged at 1c-2c. I have three pairs of 4s-3300 (6 total) I use in T-45 as 8s-3300 configuration, all but two packs suffered symptoms of puffing. Strangely my original 4s-2650 are still going strong. I suspect turnigy changed the formula halfway, which made everything down hill.

I have seen some good results from the gen ace packs. Even when they are rated at 30c, that's still 150 amps for 5000 mah pack, plenty for my purpose. I plan to get rid of all my puffy nanos in favor of the gen ace come the new year. One thing I did notice is that for the same rated capacity, gen ace packs a both larger and heavier than nano. I suspect gen ace under rate their batteries, labeling for example 5500mah cells as 5000mah packs. So they can tolerated higher discharge ratings.
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:08 PM
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
I like the gens ace packs. I've got a 3s 800mah on my EXI 250. Unfortunately, the closest thing they have to what I need is a 5300mah 6cell 30c with a CRAZY price tag! From there, it's all the way down to 4000mah. I may go with Sky Lipo like Keving mentioned earlier.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl5000-6s1p-40c-6666.html

Would you guys go with Turnigy, Nano Tech, or Sky Lipo?

Overall, for the money, I think I'll probably go with the Turnigy 5000mah 6 cell 30c. Good price, ok discharge, good connectors. This is your chance for input!!!!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 07:03 AM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,278 Posts
[QUOTE=Steph280;One thing I did notice is that for the same rated capacity, gen ace packs a both larger and heavier than nano. .[/QUOTE]

Anything truly nano technology will be smaller and lighter.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b