HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2011, 04:06 PM
Joined Jan 2007
216 Posts
Discussion
Cant use update client or firmware update

I can't seem to get hoverfly update client or firmware to work.I get a error saying could not establish relationship for ssl/tls secure channel with hoverflyupdate.com. I know its probably something on my end but I have tried it on three different computers running windows xp.Any hoverfly computer geeks out there that can help.Thanks in advance.
jaysbay is offline Find More Posts by jaysbay
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2011, 07:11 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,052 Posts
I had a bad USB cable that caused me problems until I figured that out.
RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Nov 05, 2011, 07:12 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,680 Posts
Make sure first time use you install package rather than just launching the app from the website. May need to set IE security settings to medium or add hoverflytech site to trusted sites. Also go to internet options>advanced tab>scroll down and make sure ssl option is checked. Interesting it does it on three different machines. Are you behind a firewall?
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old Nov 05, 2011, 08:05 PM
Joined Jan 2007
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug398 View Post
Make sure first time use you install package rather than just launching the app from the website. May need to set IE security settings to medium or add hoverflytech site to trusted sites. Also go to internet options>advanced tab>scroll down and make sure ssl option is checked. Interesting it does it on three different machines. Are you behind a firewall?
Thanks guys,I went over to my buddy house and it worked like a charm,came back home and tried it again and had the same problem,I don't know whats going on.I tried turning my avg protection off and no go.Checked the ssl boxes and they were all checked.I will not give up.Thanks guys if anyone else has any ideas let me know.
Johnny
Old Nov 07, 2011, 09:58 AM
Joined Jan 2007
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysbay View Post
Thanks guys,I went over to my buddy house and it worked like a charm,came back home and tried it again and had the same problem,I don't know whats going on.I tried turning my avg protection off and no go.Checked the ssl boxes and they were all checked.I will not give up.Thanks guys if anyone else has any ideas let me know.
Johnny
I am still stumped anyone else have any ideas.
Johnny
Old Nov 07, 2011, 08:16 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,680 Posts
If you know of anyone who has a laptop that does not have avg installed can come over and try it. There is one of the av packages that was known to cause problems but don't remember which one. Something may be blocking port 443.
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Last edited by pug398; Nov 07, 2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 11:19 PM
Joined Jan 2007
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug398 View Post
If you know of anyone who has a laptop that does not have avg installed can come over and try it. There is one of the av packages that was known to cause problems but don't remember which one. Something may be blocking port 443.
I took it to work today and got it to work on my computer no problem.It has to be something in my computer,I was thinking that it was because i run my computer on a wireless router at home, but I hard wired it tonight and got the same results.It just kicks back with a error saying can not establish a relationship,SSL/TLS secure channel with overfly update.com.I am not giving up, I will figure it out.Thanks guys for the input.